Crowley

February 2017 Goals

43 posts in this topic

Yesterday I decided that I need to stop spending so much time on Facebook, so hoping I can get *something* done. What that *something* will be I'm not sure yet.

9 people like this

January turned into a new project, essentially putting painting on hold in favor of taking a full inventory of all my miniatures and terrain pieces.  I am now going over the lists, looking for aggressive, yet realistic ways to reduce the backlog of unpainted miniatures and neglected games.  I hope to finish that task over the weekend and post some actual painting goals for February and maybe the rest of 2017.

6 people like this

Well, my goal this month is to paint the five main characters from Masmorra, as well as at least Luke, the Lucky. That's six Chibi characters, which sounds doable.

As it happens I've already got the main five primed, and spent last night working on the wizard, so this seems doable.

Once those are complete I'm planning on working on the various stretch-goal heroes that came in the Masmorra pizza box.

6 people like this

January -

I baaarely didn't finish my basic anatomy in January, and I didn't get to figure drawing. I also wanted to paint a mini for the Valentine's contest. January was tough.

So for February, I hope to finish the last part (heads), and then get through basic figure drawing.

I'm also almost done with the Valentine mini!

If I have time after all that, I'll sculpt my ecorche.

6 people like this

My goal for 2017 is to paint at least 2 table top NPCs each month. I prepped 4 back in January and one is done, so easy target to hit and hopefully exceed this month.

8 people like this

I failed my goals for last month, but I think I can safely say I'll finish a couple of my goals for this month. 

So, here we go: 

COMPLETE painting two miniatures that are gifts. 

Complete 2-8 miniatures beyond that. 

Current painting desk:

The two miniatures, both at 80-90%. 

Anhurian command and Anhurian spearmen...  8 total (see, possible to paint 8!)

25th anniversary Death.

A handful of Classic & Russian Alternative Chaos Dwarves...

5 people like this

Let's see...what's on the table

Dragons don't share- If I'm being realistic, Feb/March goal

1/350 Mercury 9 model kit diorama- will finish this up today most likely

Darksword Elmore angel- She needed to be stripped due to the massive pitting I thought I got smooth enough but didn't. So another round of primer for her. She's for a friend who lost his grandma in January so she needs completed soon.

Things I want to start but shouldn't until some other stuff is complete.

Darksword owlbear family

Pegasus hobbies 1/144 scale Nautilus submarine model kit. It's so cool, I ordered a lighting kit for it. I've never lighted anything before..I might have lost my mind.

6 people like this

Umm.. 

Don't lose anything crucial in the move 

Find my Kelly Kraken body.... I painted it then lost it...

Finish Orkapolean's head 

Start my Khador Army...... *slams head against wall* I don't want to...

Organize my desk, again

Start Nethy

6 people like this

Umm.. 

Don't lose anything crucial in the move 

Find my Kelly Kraken body.... I painted it then lost it...

Finish Orkapolean's head 

Start my Khador Army...... *slams head against wall* I don't want to...

Organize my desk, again

Start Nethy

But Khador is fun to play!  Then again, I've been playing Khador since MK1.

Ahem, an actual update for me...

I finished my 2 gift minis and I finished a mushroom person. I've got my Anhurians to about 40% done.  I'm about to start painting a LOT of white and Leather. 

3 people like this

To not buy any more mini's until I complete at least 75% of the ones I currently have.  That would be about 46 or so lol...

1 person likes this

• Finish up DDS2 dragon and the terrain it sits on (then maybe start the rest of the terrain)
  • Finish Khanjira (so close)
  • Do something with the Shadows of Brimstone resin minis
  • Get organized

I finished DDS2, I may still have a hero or two to finish the whole set I'm not sure though so I'll have to go looking. I've just got the base for Khanjira to finish up and then I'm done with it. As for the last two I've yet to touch either.

4 people like this

Goals for February 2017:

• Finish Torgar the Barbarian/dwarf vignette
  • Start and finish figure for Jasper as he was the one who won my random drawing for a figure painted by me to tabletop plus standard on my Facebook page.
  • Start and finish (in the next 2 days) a quick tabletop job of a dwarf barbarian for our D&D game that we play on Saturday.
  • Work on the demonic/snake/tentacled goddess I mashed together from Reaper melt bin parts. Need to finish doing some sculpting on her and then prime and paint.
Total = 5

Nearing completion for the Torgar/Dwarf vignette. Probably a couple more days.

Dwarf barbarian for tabletop has been done for about a week.

The figure for Jasper is in the queue and I'll start it after the vignette is done.

The demon goddess may have to wait til next month at the rate I'm going right now. We will see!

Progress: 1/5

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
4 people like this

Okay, let's get this short month started!

D&D Chainmail Orc Druid

Finish Goldar and his teddy

Build a boat for Frostgrave DONE! (or at least done enough to mark it done.... Phase 2 will have to wait for some other month

TARDISReaper's Phone Box 

2 people like this

Well, with Malefactus posting pictures of them in the Blight, I believe I can say I can check off the two.

COMPLETE painting two miniatures that are gifts. They were sent, too!

Complete 2-8 miniatures beyond that. 

Current painting desk:

The two miniatures, both at 100%. These are now in Mal's Blight, terrifying the neighborhood.

Anhurian command and Anhurian spearmen...  8 total (see, possible to paint 8!)

25th anniversary Death.

A handful of Classic & Russian Alternative Chaos Dwarves...

Edited by Darkmeer
3 people like this

• Finish DDS2 terrain.
  • Figure out what the next project will be.

Halfway point eh.  My DDS2 terrain has more paint on it than when I posted this, and I have an idea what my next project will be but nothing concrete.  The plan is to do quite a bit of painting over the weekend.

1 person likes this