animesensei

Dungeon Accessories

This kind of thing usually gets me, but I am not sure I want to use resin for this when I can use Bones and Dwarvenite. I am just worried it won't stand up to the test of time. Thoughts?

So I'm scrolling down the page, checking out the wares and thinking "ok sure these are cool", and then I get to this part:

34838da26946f61dd049e168c7fef57b_origina

If our campaign hits $3,400 everyone who pledged $40 or more will receive a bag of 50 Human Skulls! These skulls are great for conversion projects such as decorating your bases for your miniatures or terrain builds. The skulls are selected from five different sculpts and come unpainted. 

22b01f5cef3db874c4f45ec1510ab99a_origina

This project now gets my seal of approval.  Carry on.

• Like 3

Animesensei! Thank you for sharing this here. We appreciate the support. 

Talae, resin is very durable that's why we decided to use it to create our pieces. We have accidently dropped our pieces quite a few times now, and nothing happened. No chips, cracks, or anything. If you ever have problems with our product let us know, we will take care of you. We stand by our product and customers 100%.

Jeneki, we are grateful to have your seal of approval. We reached our goal within 5 hours! We are close to unlocking the first stretch goal with the awesome unpainted skulls!

• Like 3

Animesensei! Thank you for sharing this here. We appreciate the support. 

Talae, resin is very durable that's why we decided to use it to create our pieces. We have accidently dropped our pieces quite a few times now, and nothing happened. No chips, cracks, or anything. If you ever have problems with our product let us know, we will take care of you. We stand by our product and customers 100%.

Jeneki, we are grateful to have your seal of approval. We reached our goal within 5 hours! We are close to unlocking the first stretch goal with the awesome unpainted skulls!

You may have just earned yourself a sale. At minimum, you have earned me going to check over the Kickstarter page again. Thanks for the response.
  • Like 1

This is a First Created project (previous one was cancelled) and the home page shows no project management experience.

I've asked the creator to add their experience to the home page.

*rocks back and forth*

This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget This is not in my budget this is not in my budget.

• Like 3

May 17 for all those pieces? painted. Still for $55 PLus $4.50Tax and $3 ship what do I have to lose?? Well $62.50... hell with it Im in!

AJ

The other red flag is that all the stretch goals seem to add free product. 

• Like 1

That painting is awful nice for prepainted minis.

If the molds aren't made yet, I wonder if the samples are hand-painted. Especially since things in their first (cancelled) Kickstarter were advertised as hand-painted and included many of the same sculpts.

Well...you don't necessarily have to go overseas for resin manufacturing. You could do it out of your garage. I think the bigger issue would be getting them all painted...(I would not expect paint quality on par with the photos. Just being realistic with pre-paints)

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1

I was *really* disappointed with two of the three token sets from Stonemaier Game's last project, and, yep, the prepainted sample pics looked entirely different from many of the tokens I received, which were painted much worse.

OTOH, With this being a Reaper forum, if you didn't like a DL prepaint, you can certainly repaint the miniature.

I still don't see any additional information on the Home Page re: the creator's project experience. But, if $45 is worth the risk, and you don't already have these mini's, sure, why not?

Johnny Lauck of the former MegaMiniatures should have more unpainted dungeon accessories in his next KS sometime this year, although, in his last KS, he only had them as a bonus to his other KS. He's fulfilled 3+ KS already, as well as his 13+ years of casting experience (and casts locally). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967512676/dungeon-monsters-28mm-miniatures-undead-zombies-an?ref=profile_created

Forge Prints has run 3+ KS, and 3D prints their miniatures. They said they will have another KS sometime. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/foundations-2?ref=nav_search