animesensei

Dungeon Accessories

This is in it's last day. There are a pile of free addons if you pledge $40 or more. The project has raised over $70k, but the last stretch goal was unlocked at $7400. They also pushed fulfillment from May to September while the project is live. I'm taking it as a sign they have some idea of costs and time, so I jumped in, risking $55 to get everything.

• Like 1

So they aren't going to make the May delivery (as I mentioned earlier, they pushed fulfillment to Sept), not surprising with the number of stretch goals, but the finished production pieces are looking fantastic:

8d6f3c9cf855875c428392538aebaf2b_original.jpg.83ecdbd42d7b84275c813eb68da33fd5.jpge01393656e1f4ccbf8f9426c086aed1b_original.jpg.892b2e912f1a5e095ef64f437a584a12.jpg

Edited by Suden
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Suden said:

So they aren't going to make the May delivery (as I mentioned earlier, they pushed fulfillment to Sept), not surprising with the number of stretch goals, but the finished production pieces are looking fantastic:

8d6f3c9cf855875c428392538aebaf2b_original.jpg.83ecdbd42d7b84275c813eb68da33fd5.jpge01393656e1f4ccbf8f9426c086aed1b_original.jpg.892b2e912f1a5e095ef64f437a584a12.jpg

Those flames really look good.

• Like 1

Their latest update is backer only. They received the much delayed columns (the last pieces to be made), but have run into financial difficulty:

"Hello everyone, 

The columns have finally arrived and we picked them up from the warehouse earlier today, (see pictures below).

Also, in keeping with our promise of being upfront and as transparent as possible we need to let everyone know that at this point all funds are depleted. If you have been keeping up with all of the updates and comments you know of the manufacturing issues we've had to deal with and overcome. On top of that we didn't charge enough for shipping. Also, since we launched our KS USPS decided to issue a rate hike, not once, but twice, (lucky us). Some of the issues we had to deal with was just out of our control, but others were our own doing and self inflicted because of our lack of experience. 

Since the shipping will be totally out of our own pocket we will ship packages out as we have funds available. Have no fear, we promised we would deliver and that's exactly what we plan on doing."

It's not really surprising, they have been upfront throughout about manufacturing problems (they had to switch manufacturers midway through)  and cost overruns. Shipping was quite low for this project ($3 US, $10 rest of the world), and they have already shipped all orders that didn't include the free columns. I don't personally mind coughing up a little more for shipping, this was a good deal and the finished product is looking great. Plus they plan on shipping everything regardless, but because they are going out of pocket for shipping it will take them a while to pay for everything. I feel like I should be ticked off about delays, stretch goals being cut in half and now extra costs, but I'm not. They seem like they are doing the best they can, and I appreciate the honesty.

And the columns look fantastic:

c59de5f116b2aa5309dd9e2268e762fb_original.jpg.6d3590a23321f58037bfb24e47f91c1b.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/22/2018 at 7:11 AM, Suden said:

I feel like I should be ticked off about delays, stretch goals being cut in half and now extra costs, but I'm not. They seem like they are doing the best they can, and I appreciate the honesty.

Didn't they eventually work it out that the SGs (particularly the columns) weren't going to be cut in half?

It's been a long wait but they were super upfront about it, a lot of other people would have just given up I think. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheMandolin said:

Didn't they eventually work it out that the SGs (particularly the columns) weren't going to be cut in half?

It's been a long wait but they were super upfront about it, a lot of other people would have just given up I think. 

If they did, great. I might have missed where they discussed it. Either way, I'm good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suden said:

If they did, great. I might have missed where they discussed it. Either way, I'm good.

I went through the updates to check, the columns and fire places are no longer being cut in half but the other stretch goals, (desk and chair, urns and skulls and the like) are being cut in half.

I wasn't sure what I would do with 50 skulls anyhow.  

• Like 2

I got a nice box of stuff today. Everything looks fantastic.

20180912_104914.thumb.jpg.c63aed21e01cbab6898d3d1ee1b5a735.jpg

The large chest is big enough to double as a coffin. The detailing is really nice.

20180912_105014.jpg.bb40b45e2f18385a6a575640229c9600.jpg

I moved the gold coin pile onto the Reaper mini base so it'd stand out better.

20180912_105454.thumb.jpg.a181dd91a576513b41141960e99cab5e.jpg

They ended up with only one rat model, but it's a great one, and works fine in a group. This is only half of the rats I received. The jars are nicely painted. The rat in the foreground has a broken paw. It was the only damage I saw anywhere, and is an easy glue to fix.

20180912_110547.thumb.jpg.e77028234e6e07d77cb07612110414cc.jpg

The padded chair and desk is probably my favorite piece, it looks amazing. There are 16 smaller chairs, two tables and two flaming braziers. The brazier looks great, the base is a horned demon holding the bowl on it's back. The books are very nice, and are square enough to stand on their ends. The weapon assortment is also nice, I only put about half of them in the picture. The polearm looks like a good piece for customization. The were only a handful of skulls, but they look good. I like how some are misshapen, they look like they were bashed in during combat and will work well for battlefield scenes or bases.

20180912_111147.thumb.jpg.2d509f7c5f16218b8aa72b80f1f7f7eb.jpg

The pillars turned out really well. They are nicely painted and I did get all 16. The fireplaces are nice as well, though the removable fire and logs are probably the poorest paint job of the ks. Still, it's small and inside a fireplace, so it doesn't actually look bad.

Some stretch goal quantities did end up being less than advertised, but I still ended up with a pile of great looking stuff, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth, even with paying extra for shipping. And getting things ready to use out of the box is great, I have so many things waiting to be painted that I never prioritize dungeon decor over creatures.

• Like 5