Aryanun

[SPLIT] RC2017 Rooms thread

62 posts in this topic

Woohoo! We're in!

Also, it's really exciting that the block covers Wednesday night, too. Thank Adrenne (or whoever set this up) for us!

1 person likes this

Yes!! I just got the Fairfield... Thanks reaper for saving me me some bucks.... Which I can spend on classes now :P

AJ

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Is the main hotel sold out? It doesn't seem to want to pull up.

The block of discounted rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn has been sold out. No more discounted rooms will be made available there, from what the Reaper folks have said.

However, Reaper has opened up a second block of discounted rooms at the Fairfield. I just checked, and they are still saying they have rooms available there.

You could, of course, pay full price at the Hilton if you really want to stay close to the action the whole time. But the Fairfield is pretty nice! It's also just a short walk across the street from the Hilton.

Ah, makes sense now. I'm looking over at Hotels.com to see what I can get.

10 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Ah, makes sense now. I'm looking over at Hotels.com to see what I can get.

There is very little benefit to booking at the HGI without the con rate. You will be paying close to a $100 ($24/day) more without it. The only difference between the HGI and the Fairfield is the block and a half walk in the morning and evening.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Mr Melons said:

There is very little benefit to booking at the HGI without the con rate. You will be paying close to a $100 ($24/day) more without it. The only difference between the HGI and the Fairfield is the block and a half walk in the morning and evening.

What's going on at the hotel(s) that one would want to be near? I thought the con itself was happening at the event center a ways away (and HGI was bent out of shape about that).

(I haven't been to an RC so if this is obvious to everybody else sorry to be dense)

1 hour ago, lazylich said:

What's going on at the hotel(s) that one would want to be near? I thought the con itself was happening at the event center a ways away (and HGI was bent out of shape about that).

(I haven't been to an RC so if this is obvious to everybody else sorry to be dense)

After Hours Shenanigans... from what I hear...  so depending on how much sleep you need every day... 

5 people like this

30 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

After Hours Shenanigans... from what I hear...  so depending on how much sleep you need every day... 

:B):

6 people like this

hotel room booked for Fairfield

6 people like this

[Mod]
Chatter posts will be relocated to more appropriate thread.
This is an information thread.
[/Mod]

After discussion, husband will not be joining me. Is their anyone looking for a roomie?

I'm willing to sleep on pull out couch, the floor, the top of the dresser, etc. Pretty much any location as long as I the sole inhabitant of that location. :lol:

Full disclosure: I snore.

Any women or couples got some extra space, and looking to get more of a discount?

I finally booked my room at the Fairfield! I'll need to call to see if I can get my room extended a day, though, since I'd like to fly out on Monday not Sunday. It will be at the normal price, but I'll likely save more than that on the difference in plane ticket. Plus not having the hassle of packing up and leaving right afterwards will be worth it. ^_^

I'm debating whether to be selfish and have a room all to myself this time; it will be more expensive, yes, but having my own space where I can relax would be very nice. If I do get a roommate, it will just be one female person, and someone who also turns into a pumpkin after about 1am. :lol: Normally I'm a night owl, but conventions take all of my spoons, and I need the time to recharge!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

1 AM is a good bed time. Even for conventions. 

4 people like this

Is this the thread to find roommates? I may need one. It depends on if a local friend decides to go or not.

3 people like this