Aryanun

[SPLIT] RC2017 Rooms thread

85 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

Even if it were 50% that would make it $2.50 for the buffet for a whopping $10/per person for Thursday to Sunday breakfast ($18 if you tip 2 bucks a day)

I just got off the phone with the HGI...

RE Breakfast:

Every morning, Before you sit down to breakfast, you have the option to purchase the 50% off coupons.

They are non refundable....

Cost of breakfast, after taxes, with coupon, is $6 US

So now you know...

G

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, knarthex said:

RE Breakfast:

Every morning, Before you sit down to breakfast, you have the option to purchase the 50% off coupons.

So now you know...

G

First they try to fleece Reaper for the cost to host the convention at their hotel, now they are charging for breakfast. Seems like they are really nickle and diming everyone nowadays. 

13 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

First they try to fleece Reaper for the cost to host the convention at their hotel, now they are charging for breakfast. Seems like they are really nickle and diming everyone nowadays. 

What's this about fleecing Reaper?  In what way?  I'm not sure I heard that story.

20 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Hilton, what do you expect.

If not for the social area outside + allot of Con-goers staying at HGI, I'd probably stay somewhere else. I may have to look into somewhere else next year. The Hampton (I think that it), directly North of HGI looks nice & is pretty reasonable even without a corp discount.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Serenity said:

What's this about fleecing Reaper?  In what way?  I'm not sure I heard that story.

Ask in PM's or in person. Best not to rattle any cages.

31 minutes ago, knarthex said:

RE Breakfast:

So now you know...

G

Sadly I remember them giving me a $5 check last year. I also just stayed at an HGI in June for a wedding and they had free breakfast coupons and they charged $5.....

2 people like this

17 hours ago, knarthex said:

RE Breakfast:

So now you know...

G

Thanks for the info.:winkthumbs:

1 person likes this

For anyone else staying at the Hilton. Are your Wed and Thurs night stays showing as $119 and Fri and Sat night stays showing as $95? Last year and the year before (definitely 2015), only Wed was a higher rate.

Hilton Garden Inns normally charge for breakfast unless you have a room rate which includes breakfast.  For group rates, whether breakfast is included is part of the negotiation of the rate.

There is a Starbucks and a Steak and Shake a short walk away, so there are other options.  Your bill will likely be about the same though.

Ron

PS:  Remember to include 10% of the total before coupon for tip when figuring your breakfast budget!

Edited by vutpakdi
2 people like this

3 hours ago, nakos said:

For anyone else staying at the Hilton. Are your Wed and Thurs night stays showing as $119 and Fri and Sat night stays showing as $95? Last year and the year before (definitely 2015), only Wed was a higher rate.

Yes, I’m seeing a higher rate on Wednesday and Thursday as well.  That’s pretty normal: their revenue management modeling shows that room demand is going to be higher during the week from business travelers, so they should charge more.

Ron

1 person likes this