Aryanun

[SPLIT] RC2017 Rides thread

I booked tickets last night, so I guess my husband and I are committed to coming!  We're renting a car, arriving at DFW airport around 6pm on Thursday.  Our flight leaves at 7pm on Sunday, so we will be aiming to arrive at car-rental return around 4:30.  We're traveling with our infant son but could provide a ride to at least one other person (two if traveling light, luggage space may be an issue with the stroller).  We'll probably be going back and forth to the hotel multiple times per day to accommodate baby naps as well.  Message me if you might need a ride to/from the airport at those times!

• Like 6

It looks like I might be driving to the Con. Anyone want to get Louisville and carpool with me on the way down? 

Or anyone in the Southeast US want to meet up in a location (Say Knoxville for instance) and car pool over to Dallas? 

I like to drive, and 12 hours is just starting to be a long drive for me. 

Let ent me know if this interests anyone. I have a new and comfy Cmax. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I like to drive, and 12 hours is just starting to be a long drive for me. 

A 12 hour drive would be great!  I have to settle for 20ish.  But I like driving also.

I could offer the same, but that would really only help anyone on I-20 between Tyler and Dallas... though, I can go through Bugscuffle, Arp, La Poyner or any of 100 other small towns in East Texas if that helps (meaning I-20 or 175).  I guess if someone wanted to go the long way from Houston we could meet as well... and as soon as I know when Ub3r is landing, I can backtrack times and work it out...

13 hours ago, Grayfax said:

I could offer the same, but that would really only help anyone on I-20 between Tyler and Dallas... though, I can go through Bugscuffle, Arp, La Poyner or any of 100 other small towns in East Texas if that helps (meaning I-20 or 175).  I guess if someone wanted to go the long way from Houston we could meet as well... and as soon as I know when Ub3r is landing, I can backtrack times and work it out...

Bugscuffle??????

You are already infected....

7 hours ago, knarthex said:

Bugscuffle??????

You are already infected....

Yeah, pretty much.  I wouldn't call it a town exactly.  More like a crossing that has a hotel out in the middle of some scary woods... 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Yeah, pretty much.  I wouldn't call it a town exactly.  More like a crossing that has a hotel out in the middle of some scary woods... 

I've seen that in movies. It never turns out good.......::):

• Like 3

So, my wife and i will be arriving at DFW at approximately 11:30 am on the 18th.

I'd be interested in bumming rides from someone and/or meeting up with some other folks to split a shuttle ride.

ETA: Departure is 11 am on Monday the 23rd.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 2

You'll arrive about the same time I do.

We have 2 spots if your interested. 

Rastl doesn't arrive till around 12-12:30 thou.

Your on your own for the trip back as she is leaving Sunday sometime. 

• Like 1

What are peoples experiences with renting a car and the toll roads?  We're looking at Hertz and they have a $4 a day charge plus the toll cost...

21 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

What are peoples experiences with renting a car and the toll roads?  We're looking at Hertz and they have a $4 a day charge plus the toll cost...

Went with Avis the first year since the mall behind the hotel had a little kiosk, so just paid for when I needed it and dropped off the car there. Picked it up there, too. No sidewalks between the two, tho. Avoided all the toll roads, so just added a little time to the commute.

• Like 1

Arriving at Love field, 3pm Wednesday the 18th..

(I think that the 3pm is Central time, unlike last year, when the itinerary said 3, and we landed at 2....

but I think the flight is 3 hours, and I leave at noon, 3 is likely correct...)

I can likely catch a ride Monday with Dilvish....

• Like 1