SamuraiJack

Sacred Sites - Resin Models for Gamers

About this project

We are wanting to produce resin scenic models for a Sacred Sites range. Think of the burial tomb of a revered ancient hero, sealed behind stone slabs. Or a circle of standing stones half as old as time, hallowed by long dead priests. Or a weathered summoning circle in the depths of a lost valley, a place of sacrifice and worship, now only remembered only by the Old Gods.

02159ae47ca6f841bebd30abe8caf65f_origina

We want to create these places for tabletop gamers with resin cast models. Whether you want something extra for your roleplaying sessions, or are looking for evocative scenery for the fantasy battlefield, these models will add character and mystery to your gaming world.

We are offering three different designs.

4a5ef4dd9c28fccd6427811546b5d732_origina

The first is a set of six Standing Stones, comprising a pair of small stones, a pair of leaning stones and a pair of tall stones. They can be placed in a circle, in parallel lines to flank a pathway, or dotted irregularly across the landscape. Each stone is on a 2"/5cm diameter base and measure upto 2.5"/6cm high.

922b721bbc3bd731a0e8ffef800f359c_origina

Our second design is the Barrow Tomb, a humped burial mound sealed with a stone portal entrance. With inspiration taken from historic Neolithic sites, the design will give the ideal resting place for the bones of dead kings or the haunting place of wights.  It measures 6"/15cm long by 4.5"/11cm wide by 1.75"/4cm high.

ce3ea87fc213352ae2932e2fab5604ea_origina

And our third design is the Circular Dais set. The main piece of the set is a weathered stone platform (8"/20cm in diameter), with two low stepped levels. We also include four broken stone arch pieces (2"/5cm high with a base 1.75"/4cm long), which can be used to make two broken gates or placed to resemble gothic flying buttresses. Whether you are crowning a king at longest day or summoning evil monstrosities at midnight, the Circular Dais is the ideal model to set the scene.

7c0e01607e8d750b5c450e823450d2c0_origina

We are also offering all three sets together for a complete Sacred Sites offer. Put Standing Stones around the Circular Dais for extra mystic effect, have the Barrow Tomb holding the bones of long dead kings nearby – the potential for creating different scenic sites is huge.

b7b2fae4f1f07a499addf5632cb84ece_origina

All of the models are designed by us and cast by us. We are also offering a limited number of models fully painted and flocked to the standard shown in the pictures.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zealotminiatures/twisting-catacombs-litchmyre-dungeon?ref=discovery

• By beefcake
      Hi all, 

I feel a bit bad that this is my first post here on Reaper Forum advertising a kickstarter. I used to go by the Moniker Kaybee or Kaybee81 (can't remember) but as I'm known as beefcake on other fora I thought it best to go by the same name everywhere. Anyway here is a link to some STL files for purchase.

The Wizard's Tower contains stackable tower sections to create your own unique Wizard's Tower. 
      Files have been scaled for 28mm miniatures but, as with all 3d printable files, you have the ability to scale them up or down to suit your gaming needs.
      The initial reward consists of 7 different modular tower pieces and a ladder. All of which have been created on Blender, run through a repair tool, to check for any non-manifold parts and other errors, and printed.

[li]Tower roof[/li]
      [li]Single window tower section[/li]
      [li]Tower section with door[/li]
      [li]Tower bridge (2 bridge sections link together)[/li]
      [li]Double window tower section[/li]
      [li]Windowless tower section[/li]
      [li]Tower base[/li]
      [li]and a ladder[/li]

[/li]
      [/list] All for NZD $10 (roughly USD $6.80)

The tower pieces can be oriented in almost any direction to provide a different look each time you game.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/the-wizards-tower-3d-printable-modular-tower-syste
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1207561121/lion-tower-miniatures-32mm-resin-fantasy-adventure?ref=category_newest

Highly detailed 32mm scale fantasy wargame miniatures - digitally sculpted, 3D printed and cast in resin
    • By Jordan Peacock
      Okay, so this isn't so much a "conversion" as it is an "appropriation."  I had #77470 "Elthin Bluesteel, Gunslinger" (Pathfinder Bones) in my box o' Kickstarter Bones, while I was digging through to find anything that might even remotely look appropriate for a "Wild West" scenario.  Sure, he's got some crazy boots, a big ol' dagger, and some sort of leather armor layered thing going on with his torso area, but he's got a gun, a cowboy hat, and a drape to one side that feels kind of Eastwood-ish to me. 

He also suffers from a wee bit of "melty face," as there's next-to-no definition to that face, and I'm still not even sure where the eyes were supposed to be, exactly.  In my case, though, that only inspired me to notice that the details for his leather armor, etc., were so shallow that most of the parts incongruous to a cowboy gunslinger could probably just be painted over.  He's not going to win any contests, but looks passable as another pistol-toting gunslinger in just another ordinary western town.  (In this case, it would be the Flats outside quasi-historic Fort Griffin, as interpreted by Dog House Rules LLC in their "Frontier Towns: Fort Griffin" supplement.  I based the scratch-built building off of a floor plan by Karl Keesler, and it's the central piece to a mini-adventure pulled from the book.)

Anyway, I just think there's something ... amusing? ... about when I can delve into Reaper's regular fantasy line and find something that would work perfectly well for other genres.  For some subjects, there's nothing terribly special about it: A fox is a fox, a bird is a bird, a dog is a dog, a cat is a cat, and it's not the least bit surprising that a pack of little animal familiars in the fantasy line would work just as well as pets for a modern or historic or even sci-fi setting (we just pretend that they're REPLICANT animals, or we paint them in funky colors).  Plus, there are a number of D&D-ish monsters that bear no resemblance to anything recognizable from well-known myths and such -- and the only reason we think of them as "fantasy" was because Gary Gygax found a bunch of cheap plastic imported Kaiju toys and transformed them into "owlbears" and "rust monsters" and so forth for D&D, and "D&D is fantasy," so that's that.

Still, somehow there's something "neat" about digging through a big box o' Kickstarter Bones, picking up some barbarian model, and realizing that if only I swap his bendy axe with a spare 40K POWER AXE, and paint up his armor plates to look like scrap metal (maybe with some paper-printed license plates and stop signs glued on), he'd make a GREAT post-apocalyptic raider type, etc.  Or, some beast-man monster type could just as easily be some sort of pulp-universe alien, if only I paint up his armor a little differently and stick a ray-gun in his hand.  And one of these days I'm going to turn that Mantis Assassin into a Kamen Rider.  ;)

Oh yeah, and as for the building: That's scratch-built from foam-core, cardstock (for raised details such as window and door frames), mat board, craft sticks, chopsticks (for the porch pillars), and wire, decorated with some Hirst Arts Castlemolds castings (for the porch furniture).
    • By Arkady
      Hmm, search function claims there's no hits on this forum for 'war', so I may be simply missing it, but I don't seem to see anyone mention this has relaunched:

Z War One - Damnation "episodic, comic book miniature board game"

Only difference as far as I can tell is more stretch goals. Might've made sense for them to try to have a third episode ready, but doesn't look like it so far.
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)