pcktlnt

Cancelled
Conan: Rise of Monsters

74 posts in this topic

I may have to keep a eye out for this one. Do they do early birds?

I am interested in the terrain only...(maybe the miniatures)

2 people like this

I will take a very close look at the minis and the terrain ... I only hope that Reaper's involvement does not lead to a witch hunt ("OH, they have not even delivered their own Kickstarter but have time to work on something like this" ... which of course I know is in no way a realistic way to look at it).

1 person likes this

For supposedly starting a KSer soon they're really being quiet.  We've only seen a few minaitures as well, though there are more concepts up on the original KSer page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters/description)

As for price, what hurt them so much last time was the cost ($125 for one faction starter that was like 15 minis) so hopefully the Reaper team up makes this much more realistic in price for both the KSer and final product.

If a reasonable price I'll be in for the terrain but so far the figures and setting don't feel very conan nor do they seam to even be bothering trying to stick with the traditional setting design for most units and figures.  I'm not a fan of some of the artistic direction and worry they're going more of a western high fantasy look for it (see dragon and serpent warriors)

Edited by MonkeySloth

Is there confirmation of the terrain material? Is it Bones?

I seem to remember the previous Conan Rise of Monsters kickstarter being a prepainted miniatures game (with an optional pledge for unpainted).  Is that going to be the plan this time around?

1 person likes this

I'm interested in the terrain more than the game or miniatures, but we'll see...

that's pretty much common now days. Getting rarer and rarer to see KSers that allow people to just pledge a la carte .  For me it will depend on the price point but I figure, like most board game KSers, that it will be around $100 for the pledge with stretch goals, probably $80 without.

Also, ya, I would suppose this isn't going to launch until the end of March at the latest.  They've done pretty much no work trying to get people excited for this game and if they just state "hey, its happening in a week, it will probably bomb again.

Edited by MonkeySloth

I asked for a terrain-only, or add-on pledge. Post on the page lexomatic linked, otherwise they won't know there's interest.

1 person likes this

The game seemed pretty entertaining at ReaperCon, but I haven't decided on whether or not to pledge.

Some of the minis and terrain bits are pretty cool, but others are a bit on the generic side. We'll see.

1 person likes this

I might pledge if they aren't pre-painted.

2 people like this