pcktlnt

Cancelled
Conan: Rise of Monsters

74 posts in this topic

I may have to keep a eye out for this one. Do they do early birds?

I am interested in the terrain only...(maybe the miniatures)

2 people like this

I will take a very close look at the minis and the terrain ... I only hope that Reaper's involvement does not lead to a witch hunt ("OH, they have not even delivered their own Kickstarter but have time to work on something like this" ... which of course I know is in no way a realistic way to look at it).

1 person likes this

For supposedly starting a KSer soon they're really being quiet.  We've only seen a few minaitures as well, though there are more concepts up on the original KSer page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters/description)

As for price, what hurt them so much last time was the cost ($125 for one faction starter that was like 15 minis) so hopefully the Reaper team up makes this much more realistic in price for both the KSer and final product.

If a reasonable price I'll be in for the terrain but so far the figures and setting don't feel very conan nor do they seam to even be bothering trying to stick with the traditional setting design for most units and figures.  I'm not a fan of some of the artistic direction and worry they're going more of a western high fantasy look for it (see dragon and serpent warriors)

Edited by MonkeySloth

Is there confirmation of the terrain material? Is it Bones?

I seem to remember the previous Conan Rise of Monsters kickstarter being a prepainted miniatures game (with an optional pledge for unpainted).  Is that going to be the plan this time around?

1 person likes this

I'm interested in the terrain more than the game or miniatures, but we'll see...

that's pretty much common now days. Getting rarer and rarer to see KSers that allow people to just pledge a la carte .  For me it will depend on the price point but I figure, like most board game KSers, that it will be around $100 for the pledge with stretch goals, probably $80 without.

Also, ya, I would suppose this isn't going to launch until the end of March at the latest.  They've done pretty much no work trying to get people excited for this game and if they just state "hey, its happening in a week, it will probably bomb again.

Edited by MonkeySloth

I asked for a terrain-only, or add-on pledge. Post on the page lexomatic linked, otherwise they won't know there's interest.

1 person likes this

The game seemed pretty entertaining at ReaperCon, but I haven't decided on whether or not to pledge.

Some of the minis and terrain bits are pretty cool, but others are a bit on the generic side. We'll see.

1 person likes this

I might pledge if they aren't pre-painted.

2 people like this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

This will be Oz Clay Creations' first Kickstarter campaign release.  
      Our goal is to bring a complete range of scatter terrain pieces to the community that fulfills all the needs of the scenarios for the Frozen City and its expansions. 
      No more using toilet rolls for pillars or missing pieces when purchasing dungeon sets not specific to the game or even replacing needed pieces with close likenesses. All our pieces are hand sculpted in fine detail, cast in quality resin and then hand-painted in the theme suited to the frozen city. Despite our pieces' versatility, each piece has been designed to fit a specific goal, yet still have diverse uses.
      We are thrilled to finally release The Frost Collection to the community, with the hope that you will find a treasured place for our pieces among your finished collections. The aim of future campaigns like this will be to give us the opportunity to produce for the community quality scatter terrain pieces for those collections of RPG, skirmish and tabletop games so popular today, bringing our backers the sets they need that are ready out of the box to hit the tabletop running.
      Our project includes three special sets that will open up the opportunity for gamers to uniquely create a setting that matches the feel of the game so many of us love. Our pledge of The Deluxe Set targets the needs of a two-person game, whereas pledges of two full sets covers four players.  

A pledge on our Core Set will fulfill the scatter terrain pieces needed for the base game. The two other sets round out what is needed for all the extra expansions that followed.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666958388/defense-of-the-citadel?ref=category_newest
      About this project
      The Defense of the Citadel is a cooperative hero defense board game for 1 to 4 players. It is set in a high fantasy world where you as the hero need to defend the holy citadel against waves of enemy invasion.

There are 2 ways to play and enjoy 'Defense of the Citadel', referred to as 'Missions' and 'Campaign' in the game. 
      'Missions' have predefined settings and last no more than an hour to play, which is perfect when you just want a quick short game. 'Missions' are also sequential, connected to each other through a story line. 

'Campaign' on the other hand is the opposite with no particular predefined settings. The map tiles are randomized, events are randomized and your performance and decisions through the phases as well as crafted items and wounds will carry onto the next until you reach the final objective. 'Campaign' is meant for a long game, and you may need to record the status of the game to carry on the game on another day.
      After selecting the game mode, players first need to select their characters. Each character represents a race in the world of 'Defense of the Citadel'. Each one comes with a unique racial trait, abilities, strength and weaknesses.

There are 3 primary attributes, strength, agility and magic. All actions, whether for crafting or combat, require an attribute dice roll of some sorts.
      The Jyujin is agile, able to succeed an agility roll with a 2+ dice roll You can choose a class your character is proficient in. The race determines the probability of success, whereas, classes define what you are able to do.
      each class offers a unique style of gameplay The player may choose to be a duel class, selecting 2 classes instead of 1. However, selecting 2 reduces the efficiency of that player's being able to perform the classes perks and abilities.
      Before the enemy waves arrive, you can make use of the time before the confrontation to balance the odds against you. This time can be used to craft useful items, lay traps or possibly even reshape the citadel!
      traps are one of the many things you can craft Some advanced crafting requires multiple conditions, with multiple attribute rolls and necessary class requirements. However, you do not need to do it alone! You can collaborate with other players to divide the requirement between each other. 
      The remote controlled 'rune bomb', the enemy is in for quite a blast. When all the preparation turn has been used up, the invasion begins!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      War of the Cross is a four to seven player diplomatic strategy game that tells the story of the last decade of a terrible war that raged across Théah for thirty years. You must muster all your skills to command one of seven Nations to victory in a game of shifting politics, dangerous alliances and tactical skill. Can you lead armies, navies and Heroes to win the day and bring an end to the bloodiest war in Théah’s history?
      Created by award-winning designers David Williams, Luke Peterschmidt and myself (John Wick!), War of the Cross unites the original design team for Legends of the Five Rings with the production team for 7th Sea: Second Edition, featuring art direction by Marissa Kelly, layout by Thomas Deeny, and production and development by Mark Diaz Truman. Join us for the first board game set in the 7th Sea: Second Edition universe!

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

• By Brankiegames
      Hello all!

I've started a Kickstarterpoject about our first cardgame, Ready Set Train - The workoutgame. A game which can be played with 2-99 players.
      It's a game in which you have to exercise in order to complete your secret mission. There are 31 unique training cards, with an exercise depicted on it.
      Through games like these, we want to make people healthier and happier. The game brings people closer while working on their health.
      The game has two modes, one for 2-5 players and one for 6-99 players. So you can play it with small groups and with very large groups.
      Interested? Then look at our Kickstartervideo below. Visit our Kickstarter here:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brankiegames/ready-set-train-the-workoutgame?ref=user_menu

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask!

Have a very nice day!
      Brian

• Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)