SamuraiJack

Funded
CMON Rising Sun

166 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Highlander said:

Thanks for posting those photos.  If CMON plastics are as good as those pictured, I think I'll stay.  I can't think of another way to get a huge range of feudal Japanese troops and myths in one package.  And, with the add-ons and stretch goals, pretty cheap per mini.

CMON also stated that Rising Sun miniatures would be slightly better than those from Blood Rage, less bendy weapons I believe.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

CMON also stated that Rising Sun miniatures would be slightly better than those from Blood Rage, less bendy weapons I believe.

Good.  That and scaling were my only issues with Blood Rage.  The pieces were fantastic otherwise, with sharp detail.  Heck, too much detail even...I'd constantly find a dagger hilt or medallion I missed while I was painting them.

I tend to less, but more prominent, detail.  Lots of tiny stuff gets lost.

These minis seem, though, to be in the massive tiny detail world.   Which is fine, considering the Japanese theme.

I can't do this and Village Attacks! Why does the choice have to be so difficult!?!

Someone convince me, quick!

1 person likes this

I can't decide myself - that's why I'm backing both ... even if the reasonable part of my brain tells me that's irresponsible.

2 people like this

Rising is a 3 players minimum. But more importantly think about how many times you will play it with your friends. Is a game like rising sun where it seems like a games is 3 hrs long most of the time a kind of game your group is willing to open often?

For me yes Rising Sun has great minis and a nice gameplay, but VA is as much a good game but on another style of play. My money went on VA even if it didn't have as much KSE the concept, the art, the minis, the gameplay won me over.

I pledged for both due to the exclusives in Rising Sun. If it flounders with my group, I can normally offload it for more than I paid, maybe more than enough to pay for Village Attacks as well. But who knows. ^__^

3 people like this

Not sure you want in on this? talk to your local game store.  they can order a minimum of 6 copies of the complete kickstarter package (Including KS Exclusives!) during the campaign.  They only have to pay a deposit, with the rest due before shipping.  Then, you have a year to save the $100...  so basically put aside $10 per month and that should cover tax, etc. AND you support your FLGS.

1 person likes this

Ok I pledged. I looked at the Village Attacks as well, but there's a lot more KS exclusive content in this one, so it's the one I choose.

1 person likes this

For me, I'm just in it for the minis. Village Attacks has a lot of very nice Western peasantry, which I already have lots of. Rising Sun has lots of pretty great Asian sculpts, which I don't have very much of at all. They both seem pretty cool of course.

2 people like this

The stretch goal box to fit all the other stretch goals in may be one of the smartest I've seen.  Very useful.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

The stretch goal box to fit all the other stretch goals in may be one of the smartest I've seen.  Very useful.

I am loving this stretch goal!

Posted (edited)

Rising Sun: Hybrid Eurogame. Read the BGG reviews on Eric Lang's Blood Rage game.

Village Attacks: Ameritrash tower defense game. Not sure who the game designers are, so look up their previous games, as well as their previous KS fulfillment.

As for miniatures, I'm going to wait on the Reaper KS. I know they'll have generic fantasy miniatures, but not Japanese feudal ones. However, the yokai ones I saw in Bones III looked great. 

I have too many miniatures in the queue, so don't need more to paint. Dunno how others manage to do it!

Edited by ced1106

Out of sight out of mind works for me.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc
      New Paths Compendium: Pathfinder RPG Expanded Edition
      Revised and expanded hardcover for Pathfinder RPG with new classes, feats, spells, and art, from arcane paladins to warlocks! From Kobold Press.

Check out the New Paths Compendium Kickstarter!

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      We love miniatures. We love tabletop games. We love anthropomorphic animals, from Disney's Robin Hood through The Wind in the Willows to Brian Jaques' Redwall books. So we combined the things we love in our Burrows & Badgers range of metal miniatures.
      Why are we making them?
      Because we want them! And we know a lot of other people are looking for more anthropomorphic animal miniatures too. Some will want to use them for wargaming or roleplaying. That's what we do with ours - and there's a link below to a free .pdf copy of the Burrows & Badgers Skirmish Game rules for you to download, if you feel like trying it out.
      Other people love painting miniatures, and our figures are perfect for that, full of character ready to be brought to life with your paintbrush....
      And some people just love collecting miniatures; again, we've made this new set of Burrows & Badgers figures perfect for collectors. They are all single piece models, with integral bases, so there are no fiddly parts to be glued on.
      We love making miniatures; we hope you'll love our miniatures too.
      Why we need your help...
      We've got 13 new miniatures sculpted, but they need to have moulds made before we can start producing the miniatures. And that's why we need funding; to get the moulds made, and get the casting process started.
      About the miniatures...
      There are other ranges of anthropomorphic animal miniatures out there, but ours are a little different. We didn't want all the races of animals to be the same size. Instead, we've scaled them to each other; so a shrew or a mouse is a very small model, about 20mm tall, and a really big animal like a badger will stand about 50mm tall, for example.
      Each sculpted figure shown below has a scale picture with it, showing its height in millimetres. All our models are supplied unpainted.
      And if you are interested in doing some anthro skirmish gaming, here's the link to the Burrows & Badgers website, where you can download .pdf files of the rules, warband rosters, FAQs and more:

The Pledges
      Below you'll see pictures of the different Pledge levels available. Each picture shows you what's included in the Pledge, then below them you can see close-up pictures of the individual miniatures, which also include the prices if you want to add extra miniatures to any Pledge. Shipping costs vary depending on where you are; there's a graphic at the bottom of this page that lists all the shipping costs. All Pledges are set for an estimated delivery of December 2017, but we're hoping to deliver sooner than that.

Pictures of the miniature sculpts
      Below you can see pictures of each of the miniatures, and there's a scale image at the bottom right of each picture to show the height of the model in millimetres. There's also a price at the bottom of each picture, for the Pick'n'Mix pledge, or to add extra models to any pledge.

• By Sylverthorne
      And now, for something completely different.

Yes, yes. I know. Not miniatures. But! Shiny! Art! With.. with .. with stuff. *Sage nod*
      The book part usually gets shipped with efficiency; medals and patches and things seem to depend on the efficiency of the crafter making them, but communication is good and things generally show up. I haven't grabbed hardbacks; I've been happy with the soft covers.
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project

Seet update #1 for details.
      Extraordinarily versatile, the Tablebreaker has as many uses as you can imagine:
      Express your individuality at work or home!
      Use it as a gorgeous, eye-catching desk display!
      Spruce up your game room with a colorful, themed accent piece!
      Incorporate your passion into your living space with a sleek bookend or mantle decor!
      With options for both Standard and Countdown number orientation, the Tablebreaker is the perfect life-counter that all your friends are sure to envy!

The Tablebreaker was designed from the ground up with 3D modeling software; this allows us to ensure the greatest manufacturability and quality control. The Tablebreaker is then precision machined on a multi-axis CNC mill using a solid billet of 6063 architectural aluminum. After machining, the dice are color anodized to MIL-A-8625 specification. Finally, each die is etched using a CO2 laser. This process selectively removes the anodization and exposes the aluminum underneath to reveal the numbers on each face.
      Why Architectural Aluminium (6063)?
      Aluminum has a superb strength to weight ratio, making it the ideal material for a beautiful, yet durable display piece. Architectural Aluminum (6063) facilitates the most vibrant anodize colors. It’s always been our goal to bring you beautiful gaming accessories with as little risk as possible. Before launching this Kickstarter, we invested a lot of time, money and effort to make sure it was possible to bring our vision to life with a quality that we're proud of.  
      During our testing, we’ve found that in order to maintain a flawless finish, a small, shallow hole needed to be made in the otherwise solid block of aluminum to allow the die to be hung during the anodization process. We worked tirelessly to incorporate this into the overall design for a beautiful and complete finish. We solved the design change by adding a second hole, and incorporating them into distinguishing markers for the 6 and the 9. Our final product will feature two small, flush, stainless steel accent screws to complete this modern look.
    • By kodiakbear
      Coming after KS4 is delivering.
  • Who's Online   45 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)