SamuraiJack

Live
CMON Rising Sun

153 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Highlander said:

Thanks for posting those photos.  If CMON plastics are as good as those pictured, I think I'll stay.  I can't think of another way to get a huge range of feudal Japanese troops and myths in one package.  And, with the add-ons and stretch goals, pretty cheap per mini.

CMON also stated that Rising Sun miniatures would be slightly better than those from Blood Rage, less bendy weapons I believe.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, pedronunesv said:

CMON also stated that Rising Sun miniatures would be slightly better than those from Blood Rage, less bendy weapons I believe.

Good.  That and scaling were my only issues with Blood Rage.  The pieces were fantastic otherwise, with sharp detail.  Heck, too much detail even...I'd constantly find a dagger hilt or medallion I missed while I was painting them.

I tend to less, but more prominent, detail.  Lots of tiny stuff gets lost.

These minis seem, though, to be in the massive tiny detail world.   Which is fine, considering the Japanese theme.

I can't do this and Village Attacks! Why does the choice have to be so difficult!?!

Someone convince me, quick!

1 person likes this

I can't decide myself - that's why I'm backing both ... even if the reasonable part of my brain tells me that's irresponsible.

2 people like this

Rising is a 3 players minimum. But more importantly think about how many times you will play it with your friends. Is a game like rising sun where it seems like a games is 3 hrs long most of the time a kind of game your group is willing to open often?

For me yes Rising Sun has great minis and a nice gameplay, but VA is as much a good game but on another style of play. My money went on VA even if it didn't have as much KSE the concept, the art, the minis, the gameplay won me over.

I pledged for both due to the exclusives in Rising Sun. If it flounders with my group, I can normally offload it for more than I paid, maybe more than enough to pay for Village Attacks as well. But who knows. ^__^

3 people like this

Not sure you want in on this? talk to your local game store.  they can order a minimum of 6 copies of the complete kickstarter package (Including KS Exclusives!) during the campaign.  They only have to pay a deposit, with the rest due before shipping.  Then, you have a year to save the $100...  so basically put aside $10 per month and that should cover tax, etc. AND you support your FLGS.

1 person likes this

Ok I pledged. I looked at the Village Attacks as well, but there's a lot more KS exclusive content in this one, so it's the one I choose.

1 person likes this

For me, I'm just in it for the minis. Village Attacks has a lot of very nice Western peasantry, which I already have lots of. Rising Sun has lots of pretty great Asian sculpts, which I don't have very much of at all. They both seem pretty cool of course.

2 people like this

The stretch goal box to fit all the other stretch goals in may be one of the smartest I've seen.  Very useful.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

The stretch goal box to fit all the other stretch goals in may be one of the smartest I've seen.  Very useful.

I am loving this stretch goal!

Posted (edited)

Rising Sun: Hybrid Eurogame. Read the BGG reviews on Eric Lang's Blood Rage game.

Village Attacks: Ameritrash tower defense game. Not sure who the game designers are, so look up their previous games, as well as their previous KS fulfillment.

As for miniatures, I'm going to wait on the Reaper KS. I know they'll have generic fantasy miniatures, but not Japanese feudal ones. However, the yokai ones I saw in Bones III looked great. 

I have too many miniatures in the queue, so don't need more to paint. Dunno how others manage to do it!

Edited by ced1106

Out of sight out of mind works for me.

1 person likes this