SamuraiJack

Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago

This is not fair!

Another thing that suits my Lost World!

Are you guys trying to rob me?

• Like 7

Pirates, and Jungles, and Snakemen, oh my!

I find the prospect of a set of hard plastic multi-part pirates, or snakemen for that matter, makes me very happy! :   

• Like 4

Yep. Now I'm glad I haven't put snow on everything.

A little brown wash on  that snow, and you've got sand!  :)

• Like 8

I've only played one game myself. This looks interesting as well. Granted the rules are general enough that you could have put the game in a jungle setting just fine with no rule change if I remember correctly.

• Like 7

is this going to be a kickstarter? or straight to retail???

heck, I haven't finished my warband yet, nevermind played a game......

(Though the statue that I did for a terrain piece will work even better in a jungle setting....)

Most likely will be a Nickstarter. (basically presales that get delivered a week before normal availability.
  • Like 3

These rules will focus more on superhuman "Heritors" rather than wizards it seems.    The author lays out the premise in this article on his blog:

Ghost Archipegelo.

This sounds pretty awesome, thanks for the link. I keep forgetting to drop by his blog to keep up with the Frostgrave news.
  • Like 3

Releasing in September... so, a bit iffy to try to plan something for ReaperCon on this?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
         With our upcoming Ghost Archipelago campaign less than two months away, I thought I would start introducing the crew I plan to use, as I get the figures painted up.  
         I'll  start with are my Heritor (Reaper 77044 Turanil, Male Elf paladin) and Warden (03415 Lanura Windsong, Elf Wizard).    We decided for our initial GA test game, which we are having after our December Frostgrave campaign game, that we would roll randomly for Heritor abilities.  I got an interesting assortment, and depending on how things go during the test game, I just may keep them.  For the Wardens we choose whatever Branch and Spells we wanted.   

I've had in mind wanting to use these two figures, so I decided to go with a crew of Elves.  The figures I'm using for my Heritor and Warden were already painted, so given the color scheme I had used for Warden's figure I deiced to go with a Vine Warden.

Heritor:  Lord Hytieral Fortrywn-   Retired from a lengthy military career to enjoy his wealth and his laurels. Powerful. Landholder. Doesn’t tolerate fools.  Not happy that his younger step-sister has out-maneuvered him into taking her daughter,  his niece, along with him to act as his Warden.  She says it will be good for the girl to have experience in the world; he finds the young magic-user barely tolerable, and the fact she isn’t a true wizard is an embarrassment.  

Daze- 3
      Evade-5
      Stand Firm- 5
      Surge- 5
      Disarm-5

So I think the Daze is going to be interesting as the main ability.  Apparently this guy is so formidable looking as he twirls his sword around acrobatically, that enemies just kind of freeze up when they see him. The other abilities I think fall in nicely with someone who was a professional soldier.

Warden: Marnilyne Dewdrisane-  Young. Impetuous. Curious. Argumentative. Naïve. In awe of her uncle, and a little scared of him; but also terribly excited to be a part of the adventure ahead.  

Brambles
      Plant Walk
      Warp Weapon
      Summon Animal

I chose Summon Animal as my out-of-school spell, as I've learned from Frostgrave that having an extra figure to command can make a real difference.  Also, I saw this Warden as being generally loving, and being connected to, all living things, plant or animal.  

• By Lidless Eye
      For the most recent works in progress, a gigantic distraction from my poor Death Guard project.  In the last week, multiple delayed Kickstarters (and one on-time Nickstarter) arrived...as well as the ReaperCon Swag Bag!

Arrivals included:
      Stonehaven Miniatures Giants Stonehaven Adventurers 2017 Midlam Miniatures "Winter Adventurers" Reapercon Swag Bag Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter  

While I am trying to complete the Death Guard, I did ready these groups for prime time:

The Giants are nicely sized.  While there are some issues with the scaling between Giant "tribes" in comparison to 5E entries, they do tower over adventurers.  The Wolf Lord, who I expected to be an Ogre-sized werewolf, is massive!

• By jsalyers
      This is my cowardly Necromancer from the Frostgrave campaign I'm playing against @arouark. Callus is constantly, hiding in the back, throwing his poor apprentice into the fray and generally giving Necromancers everywhere a bad name. :)  

C&C welcome.

J--

• By VolksFest
      So, I am painting some figures for an upcoming skirmish type wargame, with terrain and everything (Frostgrave to be exact).

However I have been pondering whether I should base my minis or leave them as they come out of the box (as can be seen here).

I am usually all for basing and believe that even a simple snow covered base (as can be seen here) makes a huge difference but the Frostgrave book itself had me wondering since none of the figures depicted there are based. 

So, what would your suggestion be? This is my first time as a wargame/skirmish gamer and I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Would it be better to have small and simple non-bases since they fit better on terrain features like stairs or ledges..
      Or large (proper) bases are better for stability and/or aesthetic purposes? 
    • By VolksFest
      (.. continued from here)

-Mi'lady?
      He was a middle aged man carrying books under his arms and on a bundle slung across his shoulder. Many bobs and bits dangled on ropes attached to his body. He was out of breath and looked as if he really wanted to be somewhere else.

-You must be Master Barius' apprentice. Rufus was it?
      -Yes Mi'lady.
      -Good, good.. I have urgent business with your master. Please take me to him.

After a longbut uneventful journey they finally reached the gates of the gardens of Barius' Tower. It was a high tower made of ivory with no apparent windows or doors.
      -This way, Mi'lady.

Once they were inside the tower, Finarri was surprised to find it to be much more spacious than it seemed from outside.
      -Magic.. she muttered under her breath, her unease increasing yet her mission urging her to go on.

-Is that you Rufus? Have you found the tomes? All of them, yes?
      Spoke the old wizard without raising his head from the ancient book he was leaning on.
      -Ehem.. Master, you have a visitor.

There was a long and unnerving silence and the old man finally raised his head and looked at Finarri as if realizing she was there for the first time.

-Hmm.. so it seems we have a visitor Rufus. Why haven't you told me before?
      -But I ... oh nevermind. This is Lady Finarri from the High Temple, master. She is a..
      -A Paladin, yes, yes.. I can.. feel it.. So, Lady Paladin.. what brings you to my Tower?

Well, having been bitten by the Frostgrave bug it seems that I have evolved from boardgaming to the wargaming episode of my life. I have started by getting and painting my wizard and apprentice to some semblance of a tabletop quality.. 

Well, said too much already. Thanks for looking and C&C is always appreciated. 

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)