SamuraiJack

Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago

Releasing in September... so, a bit iffy to try to plan something for ReaperCon on this?

I don't know, I think you could tentatively plan to try it. We started playing a Frostgrave after one read thru and didn't mess up much.

• Like 4

is this going to be a kickstarter? or straight to retail???

heck, I haven't finished my warband yet, nevermind played a game......

(Though the statue that I did for a terrain piece will work even better in a jungle setting....)

I'm pretty sure that someone may have mentioned that in your WIP thread for the statue.... :ik_oops:

Also:  JungleGrave, woot!!

• Like 5

Good thing there's a whole pirate faction being released for Dreadmere... maybe we'll get enough models to cover the needed bits... but I'm not going to search that down right now... I'm still in the middle of my worksheet on Wizards and Henchmen in the cold.... well, the second one.  I'm pretty sure I have all of my options (including growth) for my Reven squad but I couldn't help but look through the elves... and that was a time consuming mistake.

• Like 3

Good thing there's a whole pirate faction being released for Dreadmere... maybe we'll get enough models to cover the needed bits... but I'm not going to search that down right now... I'm still in the middle of my worksheet on Wizards and Henchmen in the cold.... well, the second one.  I'm pretty sure I have all of my options (including growth) for my Reven squad but I couldn't help but look through the elves... and that was a time consuming mistake but worthy way to spend my time.

FIFY

• Like 3

Releasing in September... so, a bit iffy to try to plan something for ReaperCon on this?

It simply demands a plan that is flexible.

So tentatively: Two tables; 4x4 feet each; Adjacent; Could be pushed together to create a land/sea interface.

One covered in a blue table cloth. (Water)

One covered in a jungle green table cloth. (Junglefloor)

What goes in a terrain box: TBD.

• Like 2

So tentatively: Two tables; 4x4 feet each; Adjacent; Could be pushed together to create a land/sea interface.

I wonder if I should look into a way to transport my boat...

• Like 2

I wonder if I should look into a way to transport my boat...
Good job you left the masts removable.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the whole boat thing. From what I've read there really isn't plans for ship to ship combat.

Though it doen't mean you can't use one as terrain.

If there isn't at least one good scenario involving boats I'm gonna be disappointed...

• Like 3

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the whole boat thing. From what I've read there really isn't plans for ship to ship combat.

Though it doen't mean you can't use one as terrain.

If there isn't at least one good scenario involving boats I'm gonna be disappointed...

I could see a river boat in a jungle theme... I don't know that yours fits that description being so wide... but with Pirates, anything goes.  

• Like 2

They had to get to the islands somehow!

Well, the illustration of the Wind Warden does show her up in ship's rigging, and a couple of the Heritor illustrations show them aboard ships as well.  So you would think ships have to be involved somehow.  But, given how the set-up in Frostgrave works, enemy ships should pretty much be on opposite sides of the island.  

Though a scenario involving ships meeting somehow would be fun.  If you assume this takes place in a pre-gunpowder universe, then the whole can-of-worms involved with introducing rules for cannon into a skirmish game can be avoided.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2