SamuraiJack

Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago

It sounds like:

• hulls in the 4-12 inch range would be useful.
  • basing figures on pennies, nickels, or washers (smallest possible bases) might be wise. I.e: the better to fit on cramped deck space. 
  • those little wooden plaques from Michaels or Walmart wood crafting sections might be very useful for the basis of hulls. 
  • Like 4

The author of G.A. just post sm thoughts on how the solders are set up for G.A. and how they differ from Frostgrave.

https://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/portock-freebooter_4.html

It looks like there will be some new interesting strategic choices to make.

Folks may also want to check out his previous blog post about heritors.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 3:29 PM, Chris Palmer said:

So going by this interview with the author, it looks like there will be "boats", but there won't be "ships" ::D: (unless used simply as terrain):

https://geekdad.com/2017/03/the-frostgrave-folio-joseph-mccullough/

If you take a look at Werner Klocke's Freebooter miniatures, you will find a lot of small boats, Pirates, Sailors etc.

Not the cheapest but many good stuff.

• Like 2

The Dreadmere expansion now also has a raft.

If that comes out in retail or in metal I will certainly get those.

I need a landing site for my Conquistadores...

• Like 2

Here is a video review of the GA rulebook.  A nice overview of the rules and what's new and what's different:

Edited by Chris Palmer

My book has arrived and I've been unsuccessful in locating a forums or site that discusses FGA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

My book has arrived and I've been unsuccessful in locating a forums or site that discusses FGA.

pcktlnt-  Lead Adventure Forum has a dedicated Frostgrave/Ghost Archipelago section that is frequented by the author.  

There is also a Ghost Archipelago Facebook group.   

And I picked up my book this past weekend!   I've already started to cobble together my first crew. :) 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2

I just joined the Facebook group this morning after I posted here. I picked up some art decorations that I can definitely use for terrain. ^.^

I've also been staring at the bestiary information and planning my Reaper November purchases. No warband yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

I just joined the Facebook group this morning after I posted here. I picked up some art decorations that I can definitely use for terrain. ^.^

I've also been staring at the bestiary information and planning my Reaper November purchases. No warband yet.

Yeah, I’ve been busy digging though my Bones 2 & 3 Kickstarter boxes looking for candidates to fill out the Bieastiary ranks.  :).

...And wishing Bones 4 was going to be delivered a lot sooner than it is, because there’s some great usuable beasties there!   ::P:

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 7:52 PM, Chris Palmer said:

Yeah, I’ve been busy digging though my Bones 2 & 3 Kickstarter boxes looking for candidates to fill out the Bieastiary ranks.  :).

...And wishing Bones 4 was going to be delivered a lot sooner than it is, because there’s some great usuable beasties there!   ::P:

Right?  The  "Lost Valley" expansion is perfect for Ghost Archipelago.

I'm going to dig out my D&D pre-paint Drakes to use as Saurian Stalkers in the meantime.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 3