SamuraiJack

Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Eh, ignore the finger count! No one will notice it on the table. 

But he'll know.  He'll always know.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2018 at 9:17 AM, Crowley said:

That's excellent!! I agree, shave down the claws to a more blunt look for the feet. 

The real question, what are you going to do with a bugbear headed elephant??

Alright, this is on you... 

Crowley’s Bugaphant!  :lol:

(Need to blend the head to the body a little when I have the green stuff out.)

CF8EB289-109E-4A9C-959B-40E0926C4C1E.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Lidless Eye said:

But he'll know.  He'll always know.

Truth! :rolleyes:

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Alright, this is on you... 

Crowley’s Bugaphant!  :lol:

(Need to blend the head to the body a little when I have the green stuff out.)

CF8EB289-109E-4A9C-959B-40E0926C4C1E.jpeg

Truth! :rolleyes:

"Please...help me...to die..."

I have a similar one that's eternally on the workbench.  Used a Mantic Dwarf Hound's head on a Warhammer Goblin body...so I stuck the extra Goblin head on the dog body.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

I wonder how hard it would be to add a finger to that Bugbear hand, as I worry about cutting one off the sword hand without breaking it off the wrist. Hmmm...

It shouldn't be too hard... The simplest way, if a bit inelegant, would be to slice the hand down to the wrist inbetween the two curled fingers, and then from that line most of the way out toward the edges of the wrist along the edge of the bracer. Then you pry the two sides apart and  jam a tiny bit of sprue or something in there to hold it open wide enough to build your new finger in the space you've opened up and rebuild the details you cut through.

(You'll probably need to adjust the position of the little finger to leave room for the tip of the extra finger, so slice inbetween the little finger and the surface of the palm to separate them like you were opening the finger to wrap around a weapon hilt, adjust as necessary, and put a spot of glue on it to set it at the new angle.)

newfinger.jpg.342334f4254d10349c2bec615ef63971.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

"Please...help me...to die..."

I have a similar one that's eternally on the workbench.  Used a Mantic Dwarf Hound's head on a Warhammer Goblin body...so I stuck the extra Goblin head on the dog body.

LOL!     Aww..now you make me feel sorry for him...

I tell you, this gluing different heads on bodies is addictive! ::P: I'm now looking at figures in my Bones box, pondering what kind of head i could give them!   I wonder if I should start a specific open-to-all head swap thread on the Conversion board, where folks to post photos of things they stuck odd heads on! :lol:

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

It shouldn't be too hard... The simplest way, if a bit inelegant, would be to slice the hand down to the wrist inbetween the two curled fingers, and then from that line most of the way out toward the edges of the wrist along the edge of the bracer. Then you pry the two sides apart and  jam a tiny bit of sprue or something in there to hold it open wide enough to build your new finger in the space you've opened up and rebuild the details you cut through.

(You'll probably need to adjust the position of the little finger to leave room for the tip of the extra finger, so slice inbetween the little finger and the surface of the palm to separate them like you were opening the finger to wrap around a weapon hilt, adjust as necessary, and put a spot of glue on it to set it at the new angle.)

newfinger.jpg.342334f4254d10349c2bec615ef63971.jpg

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:

You could also trim off the pinky on the Ogre hand.  

Wow, thanks for the detailed graphic, Mad Jack!  I think that would work.    And thanks, too, Lidless Eye for the pinky suggestion. That's another worthwhile suggestion.

In the end, what I have been considering is what to me seems the easiest, and least invasive.  I think I will simply add a new finger (looking at Mad Jack's picture) right below the pointer and just above the middle finger.  You can see there seems to be a rather large gap there, and I can sculpt it so the tip looks folded under the bent thumb.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Conversion board, where folks to post photos of things they stuck odd heads on! 

I would fully support this, I'm currently working on a GW Cadien with a fish head for a friend's birthday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I tell you, this gluing different heads on bodies is addictive! ::P: I'm now looking at figures in my Bones box, pondering what kind of head i could give them!   I wonder if I should start a specific open-to-all head swap thread on the Conversion board, where folks to post photos of things they stuck odd heads on! :lol:

I went through all my Bones once and started randomly pasting tops and bottoms together. I ended up with four really cool conversions. There's a couple of Bones threads in the Coversions forum.

FYI: The head of the Bones hell hound is just the right size to post on any slightly-larger-than-human body: bugbears, hobgoblins, the clay golem... Especially if they're hunched over. A little extra fur sculpted on the back of the head and it fits perfectly...  ::D:

Hell, I've bought like four copies of the clay golem so far because I keep chopping him up, lol.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rat13 said:

I would fully support this, I'm currently working on a GW Cadien with a fish head for a friend's birthday.

Ok, thread started!

19 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I went through all my Bones once and started randomly pasting tops and bottoms together. I ended up with four really cool conversions. There's a couple of Bones threads in the Coversions forum.

FYI: The head of the Bones hell hound is just the right size to post on any slightly-larger-than-human body: bugbears, hobgoblins, the clay golem... Especially if they're hunched over. A little extra fur sculpted on the back of the head and it fits perfectly...  ::D:

Hell, I've bought like four copies of the clay golem so far because I keep chopping him up, lol.

Sounds like an amazing amount of fun!   It is one of my favorite aspects about Bones.

So, I think it's time to return this thread to the intended Topic.  I will see you all on the Conversion forum.  ::):

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Normally I would agree with you and just let it be; but I have to get the greenstuff out anyway to blend the head and do the ears, so I might as well give him the finger :lol: anyway.  

...or you can find a spot that you can slightly fiddle with to make it look like one just got cut off

• Like 4