That is a BEAUTIFULLY painted creation. Your use of colors is masterful & WONDERFULLY imaginative. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

AND WELCOME ABOARD! I hope your stay is a LONG & MERRY one!

• Like 1

Wow! Your hours of effort really shows in your results.  That is beautiful!

You might look at clear acrylic flight stands (for mounting aircraft using in gaming) to use as a base for the figure.

And welcome to the forum! You're off to a great start!

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 2

Welcome to our Asylum away from Home!!!!

And what an awesome introduction!

Feel free to ask questions around here, as we are a friendly bunch, and always willing to help!

If you see things in purple, just be aware that anything written that way is meant in sarcasm / teasing....

Can't wait to see what you post next!

George

PS we run a google hangout most evenings where you can talk to some of us in real time, and if you use a camera, can show us what you are working on!

Current link: https://hangouts.goo...3ogteaq4nokgdae

(I tend to be on from around 830pm to midnight (EST) nightly....)

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums!

You just started???

Wow, this is an awesome start then!

Love the colours.

Very, very cool start! That's one of my favorite minis, and I haven't touched it yet, because this is how I want it to look!

(it will not look that way if I paint it.)

Fantastic work! I like the eyes, the ribbing on the fins, and the really nice edge highlighting on his nose and beside the dorsal fin.

For a new painter, your off to a great start - your Goroloth is fantastic! Great work!

Re painting tips, there's loads of good advice on these very forums & everyone is very friendly & helpful. Try following some members "WIP's" (work in progress) topics/posts - they can give you an interesting insight into members working practices which you can maybe learn from & adapt to your own style. There's also loads of tutorials etc on Youtube.

Welcome to the forums!

• Like 1

For a new painter, your off to a great start - your Goroloth is fantastic! Great work!

Re painting tips, there's loads of good advice on these very forums & everyone is very friendly & helpful. Try following some members "WIP's" (work in progress) topics/posts - they can give you an interesting insight into members working practices which you can maybe learn from & adapt to your own style. There's also loads of tutorials etc on Youtube.

Welcome to the forums!

I have watched many hours of Youtube guides on miniature painting! They are very helpful!

• Like 2

great blends and dry brushing for a new painter - i struggle to do so well

love the Jules Verne vibe you have going on

congratulations you have every right to be proud!

Edited by kitenerd

Wow, that's s a fantastic job you did there! Welcome to the forums!

The most important thing to remember is: if you're having fun, you're doing it right.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MissNiki
      So guys. I repainted an old D&D mini, in the process learning that it is kinda rare I guess lol..oops! She looks pretty badass if I say so myself! 

But yeah! This sculpt is awesome and was super fun to paint.
      My husband runs a couple D&D games, I play in one every other week that is a MONSTER campaign and it is so fun! So in honor of tonight's game night, I wanted to share her! 
      I play a Ranger Drider, this is her!  (My other party members are a Rogue Gargoyle, Swashbuckler Rogue Mindflayer and a Cleric Shield Guardian, I can post those minis too, if ya'll like) 

I used some mystery reaper samples for some base coats and Folkart brand Coloshift paints for accent and omg, this stuff is awesome. I can get it for about $4 a bottle (2 oz bottles) here in Central NY. It is really cool to work with and semi translucent so I was able to layer and manipulate the tones. I wish I could really capture the scintillating nature of these paints! 
      Hope you love her as much as I do and no one hates me for repainting an old classic, hard to find mini! lol

Thanks!  C&C welcome! 

• By MissNiki
      These mini's are sooooo tiny! AND adorable!! 

I did have some trouble really picking out details on the Fairy and the one I am referring to as "Ragdoll". The soft edges were a little confusing at first and the way the Fairy's body is positioned, it was hard to tell what was leg or clothing! lol But I looked on google to get some reference from others that had already tackled these. That was super helpful! 
      After that I had painted these 3 up and set em aside for a while and worked on other things, not really sure what I wanted to do with them.

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a Youtube binge watching soooo mannny videos about basing and came up with some cool ideas! (Stay tuned for more on that!) 
      While cleaning up my bulletin board, a pushpin broke. The metal part, right off. I almost tossed it out, but I have a problem holding onto anything that might be useful later lol. But then I immediately imagined it as a spool of thread. *sketch idea, hold for later* Then I just had to figure out what mini to use and my husband suggested the ragdoll, I mean she is stitched together so ya! 

Then I did the Treant, those yellow bits on his base are foraged pieces of the invasive plant Virginia Creeper. We have some growing on our shed and as I was clearing it away I noticed how cool the little feets from their vines they use to climb look, so I snipped a ton of em, dried em out and hold onto them for neat terrain. These ones I chose to paint this yellow tone to accent the tree, without taking away or distracting from it! 

Lastly, was the fairy, I just felt her jamming out on top of a little pile of rocks would be cute lol. So I used cork as stone and little bits of clump foliage and some other cork stone and flock to decorate.

Thanks for looking everyone! C&C always welcome! 

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Yes, I know Captain Stern...

Kev!
      P.s. He should be torn into itsy bitsy pieces and buried alive!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

It's not my place to question what bear does or does not do in the woods...

Kev!
      P.s. But it DOES make a sound, though...
    • By Geoff Davis
      77041: Harpy by Julie Guthrie

This one was on my shelf of shame for quite a while, until my daughter told me off for having it lying around.  So I sculpted a shirt for her out of greenstuff which was a fun learning process.  I needed her for my D&D game last week, so she got the speed paint finish.  Her skin is the dusky flesh triad with some light grey added. 

• Who's Online   33 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)