SamuraiJack

Fulfilling
Titan Forge Dragon Empire

39 posts in this topic

So far, I've just backed by a $1. I really like the look of the Tienlung, but it sort of depends on how CMON's Rising Sun kickstarter is priced. The price for that single dragon in this Kickstarter just isn't quite what I'd want to pay for a single miniature if I can help it.

I've made a small pledge to get myself into the pledge manager.  I'll reevaluate when the time comes, but there are certainly some I know I want.

wow sad that I missed this KS completely - minis look really good :o(

I picked up Hori Mizu & Tianlong.  I though about a few others, but decided against a larger purchase as I had not seen the resin in person.  If they are nice I may wish I'd picked up the others, but it's not like my unpainted pile is getting any smaller.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:08 PM, Auberon said:

I picked up Hori Mizu & Tianlong.  I though about a few others, but decided against a larger purchase as I had not seen the resin in person.  If they are nice I may wish I'd picked up the others, but it's not like my unpainted pile is getting any smaller.

I wasn't sure about their resin either so I just went in for Hori Mizu. She came in today! Haven't gotten to examine it much yet but it looks very nice at a glance, although the umbrella top looks almost impossible to attach to the shaft at my skill level. Hope there's a trick. 

On 6/29/2017 at 6:39 PM, CorallineAlgae said:
On 6/27/2017 at 5:08 PM, Auberon said:

I wasn't sure about their resin either so I just went in for Hori Mizu. She came in today! Haven't gotten to examine it much yet but it looks very nice at a glance, although the umbrella top looks almost impossible to attach to the shaft at my skill level. Hope there's a trick. 

That is a tiny little shaft.  Had my mini come with an umbrella I'm sure it would be tricky to get it on there.

Tianlong is a cool and dynamic piece.  Unfortunately I see a lot of imperfections in the cast, mostly in the main body but a few others here and there.  It is going to take a lot of prep work if I want to paint it to a high standard. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but I'm not a fan of how they did the cut for the dragon's head either. 

2 hours ago, Auberon said:

That is a tiny little shaft.  Had my mini come with an umbrella I'm sure it would be tricky to get it on there.

Tianlong is a cool and dynamic piece.  Unfortunately I see a lot of imperfections in the cast, mostly in the main body but a few others here and there.  It is going to take a lot of prep work if I want to paint it to a high standard. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but I'm not a fan of how they did the cut for the dragon's head either. 

Did your Hori Mizu figure not come with the umbrella top? Mine came in 4 parts: the main body, one arm and head on a bit of sprue, and the umbrella top (loose in the bag). 

18 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Did your Hori Mizu figure not come with the umbrella top? Mine came in 4 parts: the main body, one arm and head on a bit of sprue, and the umbrella top (loose in the bag). 

It did not.  We shall see how their customer service is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By etherial
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spirit-island

In the most distant reaches of the world, magic still exists, embodied by spirits of the land, of the sky, and of every natural thing. As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further and further, they will inevitably lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power - and when they do, the land itself will fight back alongside the islanders who live there.

Spirit Island is a cooperative, settler-destruction strategy game for 1 to 4 players designed by R. Eric Reuss and set in an alternate-history world around A.D. 1700. Players are different spirits of the land, each with their own unique elemental powers, forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders spreading blight and destruction. Work with your fellow spirits and the native islanders to increase your power and drive the invading colonists from your island in this strategic area-control game.

This game was playtested at some of my Fourth of July parties, and though I haven't had a chance to play it yet myself, the game comes highly recommended.

The interesting bit here is that you play neither the Invaders nor the Inhabitants of the island, but the spirits trying to alter the balance of power in defense of the Inhabitants themselves.
    • By Gadgetman!
      If you only buy one T-shirt this year... 

Fair warning:
      There may or may not be IP issues with this one.
    • By Darsc Zacal
      From a new sculptor.
      The Kickstarter is now live!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/242681928/30mm-female-pirates/description

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
       Most people move through their day ignorant of their surroundings. Foolishly, humans believe they are alone in their struggles… but there are worlds out there, different from our own, where the struggle of good vs evil is real.
      Welcome to Hedgerows and Heroes!
      Badger Lord Hedgerows and Heroes is a fast paced, easy to learn fantasy strategy game based on the Mighty Armies game engine. Featuring 28mm scale fantasy animals, designed by Bob Olley, players wage the ultimate battle for good and evil.
      Which side will you choose?
      Cover to Hedgerows and Heroes Game Contents and $75 Pledge
      Rulebook- Each game comes with a rulebook that describes gameplay as well as illustrations depicting movement and army lists for both armies.
      Miniatures- Each game contains 60 (That’s Right 60!) 28mm Scale woodland creatures in a variety of poses and uniforms in metal, supplied unpainted. Sculpted by Bob Olley!
      Bases- Each game contains 20 bases to mount your armies on.
      Rulers and Dice-  Each game contains 2 Rulers and 2 Dice.
      Pledges and Goals
      A Peek into the HedgerowsYou just want to support this project! Thank you!
      Neutral Party $5
      You will receive a PDF of Hedgerows and Heroes. Look at you being all tech-savvy!
      Enter the War $75
      The Game. With this pledge you get the Hedgerows and Heroes ruleset, 1 Evil Army, 1 Good Army, dice, and rulers. This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals! Huzzah! 
      Shipping is free in the US.
      ALL In Pledge!- $300
      With this pledge you get 206 Heroes and Villains of the Hedgerow! 206 unpainted metal animal warriors with bases. This pledge level is also eligible for all stretch goals!
      The All In Pledge gives you all of the woodland creatures we create in one massive army. Besides the Basic army in the $75 Game Pledge, you get Foxes, Raccoons. Mice, Shrews, Squirrels, Foxes and More! The set contains multiples of each type of creature, so it will be easy to build additional units. You get a total of 206 Minis Supplied unpainted and 60 bases. Below are some of the minis you will get. What a deal! Shipping is free in the US.
      206 Metal Minis!  

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1201812263/aradia-miniatures-the-divine-comedy-dantes-inferno?ref=category_newestLinked for borderline conflict with forum nudity rules.

About this project

1 CHF = 0.92 EUR = 1.09 USD
      Through this project we want to launch a new series of collectibles miniatures inspired by The Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's poem, the book that recounts about the mystical and fabulous journey that the italian poet Dante Alighieri accomplished through the three realms of the afterlife: INFERNO, PURGATORIO and PARADISO.
      At Aradia Miniatures we are all estimators of the great poet Dante so we have decided to dedicate a series of miniatures to his masterpiece.
      The first figures of this special series are ready thanks to the help of extremely talented sculptors of our team: Roberto de Meo, Ali Jalali, Joaquin Palacios, Pedro Fernandez Ramos and Alfonso Prieto. All the figures have been designed by our concept artist Stefano Moroni.
      Kickstarter is the best place where you can get these new fabulous miniatures at a special price!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)