Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper takes on a PzKpfw IV H

28 posts in this topic

Making "progress" doing what I'm best at: shopping!

Ordered the Scalecolour German Late War set last night (been wanting to try out their paints.....).

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Making "progress" doing what I'm best at: shopping!

Ordered the Scalecolour German Late War set last night (been wanting to try out their paints.....).

the Feldgrau set is awesome!!!!!

(I have all the SC75 and Fantasy and Games lines....)

2 people like this

I know this thread title is a real thing, but every time I see it I imagine Jasper_the_2nd starting to type and then faceplanting on the keyboard.

5 people like this

Well technically he should have said auf H. ::D:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Heisler said:

Hey now, I was just copying the package label. ::P:

My military history rates just slightly worse than my German (which is boosted solely by having heard 'du hast' a number of times....) :wacko:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Heisler said:

Technically, technically, that would be Ausf. H ("Ausführung H" -- don't forget the umlaut, and since "Ausführung" is a noun, it needs to be capitalized -- which is "Model H", more or less.)

:poke:

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Hey now, I was just copying the package label. ::P:

My military history rates just slightly worse than my German (which is boosted solely by having heard 'du hast' a number of times....) :wacko:

Brauchen Sie hilfe?

Ich möchte dieser Panzer gerne fertig sehen!

Grüsse aus Holland!

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Brauchen Sie hilfe?

Ich möchte dieser Panzer gerne fertig sehen!

Grüsse aus Holland!

Trust a Chair Force guy to try and muddy the waters when we are discussing Panzers.....

2 people like this

3 hours ago, knarthex said:

Trust a Chair Force guy to try and muddy the waters when we are discussing Panzers.....

I'll have you know I love panzers!

I almost became a Tank Commander instead of joining the Air Force, Thank God I didn't.

We sold all our Tanks,,

3 people like this

Progress!! (of a sort)

paints.jpg.61e0fd337f43c0801fbfc0502e738c67.jpg

I has paints....that I'm hoping will thin out once they warm up a bit.  It was above freezing today, but only a couple of degrees, and they sat for a couple of hours.  Hopefully alright.  They are liquid, just very thick....

4 people like this

I don't have that set, but the Feldgrau set is awesome!

1 person likes this

Jasper! You're doing a tank too! I've been off the forum forever, but I'm working on a 1/72 Tiger for grins and giggles. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on what you're doing here...

Hey Kharsin, welcome back!!

This has unfortunately been on the back burner for a bit.  I'm playing catch up on my exchange project.  

And I had to get replacement paints from Scales Games. Something happened (presumably in transit) to my whole order and the paints were unusable.  Just got my replacements this week, so I'm hoping to get this back on the paint table as soon as my exchange is done.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Well then,

Let's go on. As written in my WIP thread ->Check Here<-, the first few Gallian infantry units for my Valkyria Chronicles scenario ->Check Here<- are done.

That means: First few units are ready to be shown.

As I wrote, those are units I made over a time frame of almost 4 years now, so I guess a constant quality improvement is clearly visible. Still - even if they are not perfect to the last, every of these figures is quite dear to me.

As you can see, on the first two I tried to apply eyes, but it looks weird, so I am currently thinking of repainting their faces.

Some details:

And just to give an idea of the scale - here's Reaper's Troll Slayer Sophie for comparison:

Next units are already on their way.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm

This will be the Gallian forces build-up thread for the Valkyria Chronicles scenario I am creating here: Let’s Make … Gallia to Arms! A 20mm Valkyria Chronicles Scenario

I haven't started that totally ill-prepared - as I normally do - so here we start with the Gallian Forces.

Unlike the Imperial Forces, the Gallian forces have never been designed to fulfill a greater combat role other than defend their homeland. As the Principality of Gallia is a rather small country, its vehicles and units rely on weaker armor for the sake of speed and agility.
      Still they can bring a suprisingly heavy amount of firepower to bear, which allows them to strike fast and retreat as soon as possible. Like vikings. Just a bit nicer.

For the scenario setting, the Gallian Forces will consist of

1x Light Tank
      6x Scouts
      6x Shocktroopers
      3x Lancers (Anti-Tank)
      1x Mortarer (Anti-Personnel)
      2x Engineers (Repair and Refill)
      2x Snipers

Well then - let's go

The Gallian light tank:

Gallian light tanks are rather old combat vehicles. Having been in service for almost 20 years, its armor can easily be penetrated by most of the available anti-tank weaponry in the game.
      Still - with its 75mm gun, a co-axial machine gun and a mortar, this tank is a vital support unit for its accompanying infantry. It also can combat light and medium Imperial tanks, but is severely outclassed by heavier imperial models.

Starting with nothing much than the game design book and a few unbuilt tank kits, this work can be considered my first real "scratch" build, though not everything is completely scratch.

Messy, but not dirty!

Having checked the main parts I needed, I cannibalized the tank kits I had arround, using parts of a Panzer 38(t) and a Panzer III as main elements for the chassis and wheels.

The front body was created using styrene plastic. To stabilize the whole construction, some poxy putty was used and put on the inner side of the vehicle.

There are still some gaps to fill and mishaps to be corrected. But we are making progress!

Time to contine with the turret. As one can see, the turret equals that of a Panzer III from WWII, but its main gun is rather positioned to the right side as it was on the Hetzer and the Panzer II. Well then - let's cut it into place.

Let it dry for a moment and then continue next time

• By SisterMaryNapalm

Hello everyone,

I’ve been asking myself if this is the right place, but as this project has been the one that kept me busy for most of my recent time and is very dear to me, I would like to present it to you.

The whole idea to this was born during the time when I nearly stopped painting miniatures and doing wargaming.
      I had some pretty bad experiences with some guys and communities in Germany and my overall motivation to do some painting and building stuff was down to almost none. I even stopped writing which normally is my preferred method of relaxing. In short: A midlife miniature crisis.

Read some more about the background over here:

Gallia to Arms - original blog entry

During that time a friend of mine bought the miniature kit of the Edelweiß tank that became available just then and later also purchased the kit of the Shamrock tank. That was the moment I decided to also make a small miniature project within the world of Valkyria Chronicles which I had known and liked since I first came to know the original game (or rather … its soundtrack).

I had a lot of 20mm figures left and some 1/72 scale tanks, which I figured to be perfect for my plan to recreate the equipment and figures of the game in small scale. They don’t need much space, are easily convertible and they don’t cost as much as 28mm figures and vehicles.

As some of my friends continued to do wargaming on WWII and I had so much stuff left, I soon decided to create a small force of Gallian troops for WWII skirmish games. Unfortunately it turned out that the game rules they were using rendered the Valkyria Chronicles scenario almost useless (due to balancing issues).
      So I continued creating models just for fun, using the whole anime scenario to set up the amusing story of a guy doing weird stuff.

It somehow got out of hand …

My little builds caught the attention of some guys organizing an annual local tabletop event called “Do or Dice” – and they asked me if I’d like to present some of my miniatures.
      I thought – wow – what an honor – but … it’s a tabletop event, not a miniature showcase event. So … hm. What to do?

Right! Create an own scenario.

Luckily I had acquired some left-over scale train terrain from my late uncle – and there were two grass mats measuring 100cm x 70cm.

Perfect for a small skirmish game. Reason enough for me to tackle that challenge.

Fortunately I’ve like 8 month or so left.

Well then – Let’s Make … Gallia to Arms!

Creating a scenario set in the Valkyria Chronicles universe requires certain elements.
      As I plan to use this thread as the main thread and create threads for the single elements of the game – Gallian Forces, Imperial Forces and Terrain – consider this as some kind of register for the different threads. I will frequently update the different sections, so stay tuned.

What do we need?

Gallian Forces

Gallian Army WIP Thread

Imperial Forces

Terrain

Game rules and scenario setup

Game supplies

Well then

Let’s make this:

Into this:

Or at least something that looks like it …
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      And here we are - after 48 hours of building time and another 20 or so hours of drying, our beach diorama is finally done. Check here for the WIP Thread ->Let's Make a Present! Combat divers on the beach<-

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      When my first present - please check here ->Let's present a ... present! Owl Mage<- was received pretty well by our female colleage, my boss asked me to do more.

This time the task was to make a present for another colleague who left us. As he was in the military and also is a passionate diver, I thought of something military.
      What would be a better fit than German combat divers (Kampfschwimmer)? Luckily I found a bunch of German frogmen miniatures and ordered them immediately.
      When I told my boss what I had in mind, she asked me to include the following elements:

1st: Frogmen
      2nd: An owl (of course)
      3rd: an exit
      4th: a sign that links the colleague to our work.
      Everything else was free for me to develop.

As Frogmen often use beaches to infiltrate or exfiltrate an area, the overall idea was to create a beach setting.
      So I went down to the beach, spent some hours there swimming, enjoying the sun and making sketches, until I finally had an idea what I wanted the diorama to be like.

The owl should be sitting on a sign that warned of mines - but instead of a mines warning there should be an inside joke written on the board we often did at work.
      The exit should be between two dunes and be marked by another sign. And the Kampfschwimmer unit should be astonished by what they witnessed.

So I started painting the combat divers.

After that I assembled the owl, used plastic styrene to cut out two signs, assembled them an started painting.

Still I had one problem - the showcase I ordered ... *chuckles* didn't show up. That sounds funny at the moment but should be a problem later on. And as I was doing a second diorama at the same time, the pressure increased ... *Insert creepy music here*
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)