Kuro Cleanbrush

Warden of the Wasted West (01524: ReaperCon Sophie 2014)

She looks great. I especially love the leather on the hat and boots. The barbed wire on the base is also a nice touch.

• Like 1

Wow! This mini turned out to be one of the best that I have seen.. Your attention to detail and patience to match works wonders when coupled with your brush control and sense of art...

I can not praise it enough. This is a masterpiece!

• Like 1

Jawdropping good!

And I love that base.

I'm also very happy she gave up hunting (were)wolves! Poor creatures...

• Like 2

Wow, she's absolutely beautiful. The wings, the hat, the chrome,  the pale skin tone and clothes, the base... I like everything about it.

• Like 1

Looks great as always Ian.  Now, I want to challenge you.  Your next piece--I want grimy, weathered, rusty.  I want used armor.  I want to see dirt, saliva, tears, blood.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      So, I'm working on the Reapercon 2017 Sophie. I want to paint her to competition level, or at least to the best of my ability. I've already decided several things about her color scheme. 

Her dragon mate is going to be a gold dragon. This is to emphasize my primary choice for her wings and clothes, purple. Her skin is going to be utilizing the golden skin triad. The ground is going to be a red brick, going with the brick carved for it. 

So, here's this far. At this point, I'm blocking in primary colors for the base, since Sophie blocks several parts of the base once she's added.

Advice as I go along would be appreciated. I'm going to try to update this with each step. Colors used:
      -09074 Palomino Gold to basecoat the dragon
      -09401 Dragon Red to basecoat the ground
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

Finally got around to her...

Thank you,
      Kev!
    • By Gadgetman!
      So, being bored I went through and sorted out my Sophie collection...

I know there's an 'alternate' version of the 1408, and I also skipped Bones. this is metal only. 
      And of course, it also skips the 12" Resin version used as an award in the Reaper Masters painting competition. 

Did I leave any out?
      (Not asking if I OWN all yet. I'm still looking for one or two in the list)

• By JackMann
      I recently got my ReaperCon goodies from my convention buddy. Since I caught a cold right before coming home from Kuwait, this mini felt especially relatable to me.

I looked over Buglips' and Guindyloo's versions of the mini, and they informed how I went a bit. Guindyloo's eye in particular was something I wanted to try replicating. I think I did an okay job. I should have picked a lighter color of blue, though. The pupil doesn't really stand out from the iris. 

My tissue box's lines ended up not being quite as clean as I would've liked. I need to practice my freehand more.
    • By Hyjynx
      As my second mini I started the Masterbox World of Fantasy Lizard Mount/Sci-Fi girl combo (previous WIP post) but when I saw pictures of this mini online I just had to get one and drop everything else.
      Played Tomb Raider from the first one so this one pushes my buttons. Found one for sale and snapped it up. Assembly is finished. I didn't like the look of the Whip, so I replaced it with some braided wire.
      The Base I will expand to add a pit full of spikes. Can't wait to start priming/painting!

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)