Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Iron Crows and other dwarves of Kazhuk Izril 3/20

About this project

f919fec397627b1644647b773256d92a_origina

In 1973, a study carried out by researchers from the University of Borghetto San Nicolò elaborated the "Scale of happiness" (or De Carli's Scale, by its creator's name), an order of magnitude which measures the happiness of a person on the basis of certain factors. Without going into details, the various studies correlated the proportion between the income of an individual and the extent of his collection of Dwarfs: in 94% of cases, it has been demonstrated that those who spend at least 42% of their income in Dwarf miniatures are on average happier than others.This discovery shocked the scientific community at that time, generating fierce debates and disputes, but everything was soon hushed up by the lobbies of fashion which saw in Elves a model of beauty more functional to their business. In defiance of the system and the standards imposed from above, we of the Durgin Paint Forge have worked hard for more than two years to realize a collection of Dwarfs that can allow you take a leap forward in your personal De Carli's Scale. This project is an act of love: we know how important it is for you to have awesome miniatures with which to widen your collection of dwarfs, and precisely for this reason we have endeavored to give you only our best. A spontaneous, visceral, loud and often inappropriate love: typically Italian, indeed. You will soon find that only a temporary restraining order may prevent us from loving you. In the meantime, sit down comfortably and enjoy excellence.

Have an awesome Kickstarter!

ffc0536981b360691a234af2ed793561_origina

This project was born to finance the production of a range of élite Dwarfs, in wargame scale (our standard Dwarf is about 25mm tall). All our models are carved digitally, prototyped at a resolution of 15micron and made of high quality resin by Grx Créations. The range includes an initial set of 16 characters and the mascot of the group: a hunting bulldog (well, at least when he doesn't sleep!).

bf22f092f8af69cb26d155b11ef109dd_origina

Resin copies sample by Grx Créations:

e060b19c892cc9743f72f9c6a9699383_origina

3d Masters (15micron res.):

a474311ee3b7c25b554952266623b6ae_origina

"PEOPLES OF INNEATH: VOLUME I"

Behind all our dwarves there is a story, such as behind each hero there is an epic origin. And Dwarves are heroes (at least, female ones, which have to give birth to such big-heady creatures!). This booklet contains everything you need to know about the Dwarves of Kazhuk Izril, a little gem entirely illustrated with a beautiful ink art, and written by one of the most famous adventurers of Inneath: Inigo da Lucci! The first version of this booklet is planned to have approx. 60 pages (A5 format), but if this project goes well, more pages will be added to keep on telling this tale!

5cab15b27a1c69de4bf1786d19242815_origina

1fa238364d001ee3da58eccac82392f0_origina

There are three ways in which you can recruit our Dwarfs: the bundles, the purchase of individual miniatures of your choice and the mixed salad (bundles + the addition of individual miniatures). To prevent you from any form of stress, incompatible with the objectives of the De Carli's Scale, we forced our gnome slav -er, employees, to create some specific tutorials so you can manage your rewards without problems.

BUNDLES:

bd27242d7ceec2a76b669d0fd93cb5bb_origina

96b4253e852e6ec58e75214c4207a7cf_origina

8bc91ac574991f0addcf05b297dab6eb_origina

58ceeea7ea63e7095fce3e222cc70ccc_origina

824af3b41daae55a23c7e9222f3d41e9_origina

bba91a97fd336203ff9287f453013415_origina

a0d47dd6b810d1e7df966d18ee416c9c_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
Tag updated.
  • Like 1

Add-ons are a great strategical element, in a Kickstarter campaign.
In few words, Add-ons are products that the creator makes available during the crowdfunding, when reaching determinate funding objectives. 
Despite stretch-goals, that are supposed to be free, a sort of gift by the creator to the mighty backers, add-ons are a sort of "level-up" of the project: "wow guys! your support is so incredible that we are able to do MORE!".
I thought about add-ons deeply in these last weeks, and I really hope to be able to produce them all, but I see them as the "cherry on top of the cake" (even outside Italy do you say so?) , instead of the "filling of the cake": "The Iron Crows" project is planned to be already a stunning range with lot of tasty stuff. But why deprive us of some extra-cuddles?!

At the moment, the Add-ons I have planned are thought to be the more "useful" to the project is possible:
1) the first Add-on will be the 1/24 scale version of our Iron Crow Veteran. Lot of people asks us to make also miniature in bigger scale, and after lot of debate, we decided to give it a try. Why the Veteran? Cause it seems to be the most favorite character, till now, and its sculpt is very adaptable (even by a manufacturer point of view) to the scale-changing. 
2) new characters: it's simple. I think that if we may succeed with this project, it would be all about the dwarves themselves. So we will keep on making new characters, completing as well all this already wide range. I'm thinking about two dwarf adventurers (male and female) and a blacksmith: characters that were originally planned, but that we benched for a simple matter of numbers.
3) democracy's dictatorship: the last add-on will be decided by the community (between a range of our proposals, so I'm sorry for you: there will be no dwarf putin on bear, or stuff like that).

16601701_1483304128368413_60112461876020

If only they didn't look like the ugly old football headed Rackham sculpts that Confrontation players loved. You know, the ones without moustaches so they basically looked like Pacman with tiny little arms and legs. Good grief those figures were hideous (so why did I paint so many?).

I got the elf from the first KS and I like it a lot.. their dragon was oddly posed so I'm sure it's their style thats not what we're used to.. 

updated with Live tag, link and details

I was in on their last crowdfunding for the Dragon and had a pretty good experience

I don't know why I'm even posting this. Beagle doesn't even stop by here anymore, but here's a link to another Dwarven Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/durginpaintforge/the-iron-crows-and-other-dwarves-of-kazhuk-izril/description

I only wish that bearded chubby men with large noses were as popular in the real world as they are on Kickstarter.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About
        Hail Commander!,  
      Welcome to COLONIAL SPACE WARS: ARMOURED WARFARE 3. The goal of this crowdfunding is the creation of new vehicles for the wargame CSW. This KS is the continuation of CSW: ARMOURED WARFARE and CSW ARMOURED WARFARE II, which were successfully funded. With your support to this campaign we will expand the range of tanks, mechs and buildings available, making the CSW experience even cooler!.
      Despite CSW ARMOURED WARFARE models are designed for the wargame COLONIAL SPACE WARS, they can be used in other sci-fi game systems that use 15mm and smaller scales.
      Terran battleloids ready for action!. These models were 3D sculpted by José Méndez. They are produced mainly in resin, but white metal is used for thinner components. Round 50mm DF bases, required for CSW gaming, are supplied with the vehicles. 
      Size comparison of some CSW AW models.  The project is developed by Vedra Games, a Spanish game publisher that has released the board games "Colonial Space Wars", "Dragon Rush" and "Golf´n´Roll". Our two previous CSW Kickstarters were managed professionally and efficiently, and thus we can guarantee the fulfillment of the project.
      Finally this campaign is just a little fraction of a rich sci-fi universe. In time, we want to reproduce that same range of units in miniatures that it is available in the boardgame CSW version. And with your support we will achieve it!.
      This Kickstarter campaign will last only 10 days. During this period, backers are invited to join by pledging with different perks (see below). Each perk will require the compromise of investing a certain amount of funding; the higher is this level, the greater amount of additional Tactical Resources (rewards) to choose from. 

In any case, backers should remember that no charges would be applied in case the minimum required for funding the campaign was not reached.
      To our most committed backers (Commander pledge) belong an awesome exclusive Kickstarter reward: the centauri Polemarch Minotaur!

• By SamuraiJack

About
      The campaign purpose.
      The purpose of this campaign is to get the funds to produce these new  miniatures and also expand the range with new models and allies for them, such as more orcs, trolls, characters , etc.
      So, we will have a new cool race to add into the Greenskin Wars universe, the Orcs!

My main goal is to be able to complete a unit of Orcs boar riders and prepare a regiment of orcs on foot too, for this campaign or a close following one if the funds allows me to do it.
      Material: All the miniatures are made of lead free white metal and are supplied unnassembled, unpainted and without bases (bases can be supplied at request for a small extra cost) I decided not to include bases because there's a wide variety of clients who want square bases for regiments , some round or hex for skirmish games... so we better avoid the extra cost of adding bases that you might not use in the end. 

The white metal is an awesome and very durable material able to keep very sharp detail, but while I check every order personally before sending, keep in mind the copies are not "perfect" and some complex or multipart models might need some pinning, cleaning or small adjustments.
      Most of this HUGE range of greenskins and related creatures are sculpted by the legendary ex GW sculptor Kevin Adams, who has an awesome taste for this kind of creatures. Most of the Trolls are sculpted by me.
      This are the main pledge options for the campaign. The system allows you to pick ONLY ONE, but thats not a problem at all, just select one want, and then if you want more just go to "manage my pledge" and increse your pledged ammount acordingly with the ones or items from the store you want to add. A survey will be sent after the campaign asking you which models has you paid for.
      The Orcs boar riders:
      This orcs are a delight for the oldschool lovers, with those "long face" features and their gnarly limbs. They come with detachable shields and the boars will have interchangeable heads.
      Orc boar riders! Hill Goblins regiment:
      Hill goblins are the most common of all the goblin races and so they are the most powerful faction too.
      Hill Goblins regiment Goblin Knights: Famous goblin heroes to command your troops.
      The "brave" Goblin Knights! The Bugbears: 
      Brutal creatures who live inside the northern caves, they usually follow their hobgoblins cave neighbours to war.
      The powerful Bugbears The Feral Goblins:Feral Goblins are sneaky and quiet, they hide in the forest becoming one with the inviroinment.
      Feral Goblins Doom Goblins:
      The doom goblins are creatures of the dark, they are more active by night and tends to live in caves and shadowed forest areas surrounded by lethal fungi .
      Doom Goblins  Black Goblins:The biggest and stronger of all the goblin factions, they see the other goblins as puny creatures they don't want to mix with.
      Black Goblins
    • By SamuraiJack

About
      Maki Games and Royal Art Games are raising funds to start the production of a resin version for our chaos teams. Both Chaos teams are a collection of amazing miniatures made previously in high quality white metal and soon in high quality resin. 16 different miniatures per team, including a Big Guy (Bloodthirsty Beast or Minotaur, depending on the team). Don´t loose the chance to support this amazing project!
      Given the constant increase in the price of metal and the growing competition for fantasy football teams, we felt the need for more affordable yet top quality products. For these reasons we decided to switch the production line from metal to resin. For this project we partnered with Royal Art Games for the manufacturing of resin teams since they have proven to be able to manufacture resin teams for fantasy football at the highest standards. The metal teams will soon be discontinued so this is the best chance to get a team in metal, if you like your players to "hit like solid metal".
      The Blood Demons Team includes 9 Pit Fighters, 4 Blood Demons, 2 Blood Demons Heralds and 1 Bloodthirsty Beast.

Ares Blood Demons were designed by Macs Gallo, sculpted by Jin Vi and painted by AXIA.
      Ares Blood Demons Team  

• By SamuraiJack

About
      Jungle Fever! Includes a full expansion to our successful Blood Ball Pitch scenery Kickstarter. Featuring resin cast models and a host of themed printable 3D files all OpenLock compatible.
      We've designed and hand-crafted a complete new stadium scenery set for this expansion. The scenery is compatible with the new(2016) and old 'Blood Ball' pitch sizes. These sets are molded in high detail resin and include multiple modular components which are easily assembled / disassembled with the OpenLOCK system.
      Fantasy Football Scenery Bundle

PLAY Expand your pitch with printable scenery
        Digital Media Models
      2€ Tiles Starter and Add-On 

6€ Tiles Pack 

8€ L Type Walls Pack

4€ Walls Pack
        6€ Door Pack

5€ Pitch Outside Corner Pack 
       9€ Decor Pack
      12€ Quetza' Al Itza 
       5€ Throne

12€ C'Abawil lx Temple of The Moon
        5€ Temple Pack

• By SamuraiJack

About

We are Bad Seed and, for the past couple of years, we’ve been developing INSIDIA, a video game of turn-based mayhem. INSIDIA has its roots in our love for board games and wargames, a passion that was a constant inspiration during the whole development process. Buried somewhere in the depths of our studio, it is still possible to find the very first INSIDIA mock-up: a squared sheet of paper crowded with cardboard figures.  
      During these two years, we created many unique characters and a virtual world for them to fight for. It was an extremely rewarding task and yet, after each day of work, we couldn’t help to say “Wouldn’t it be amazing to have REAL miniatures of our heroes?”
      So here we are. After having printed our very first prototypes, a small army of 75mm Gunthers, we are ready to create miniatures of the most iconic champions INSIDIA has to offer.
      Thanks to their details and their unique post-apocalyptic-fantasy aura, our miniatures will stand out both on a shelf and in a battlefield!
      All miniatures can be 28mm or 75mm. Both sizes require assembly.  
      The Core Set includes the following champions: Gunther, Infestus, Naima, Shiryo, Trauma, Jaril. Additional champions will be available if we reach the appropriate Stretch Goal.  
      If you pledge for anything different from the core set, you will be able to choose which miniatures to receive, between those that have been unlocked, after the campaign has ended. For now just add to the pledge total the combined cost of the miniatures you want.
      The campaign will last 30 days. The miniatures will be only available during this campaign and will be casted for Kickstarter backers only. They will never be sold in stores. 
      All pledges starting from 20€ will include a single Add-on for each type unlocked through the Stretch Goals. To receive multiple Add-ons, increase your PLEDGE TOTAL by the reward's amount. You will confirm your choices with a post campaign pledge manager. 
      Shipping fees are NOT included in the pledge amount. Shipping date will be around October 2018.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)