Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Iron Crows and other dwarves of Kazhuk Izril 3/20

About this project

f919fec397627b1644647b773256d92a_origina

In 1973, a study carried out by researchers from the University of Borghetto San Nicolò elaborated the "Scale of happiness" (or De Carli's Scale, by its creator's name), an order of magnitude which measures the happiness of a person on the basis of certain factors. Without going into details, the various studies correlated the proportion between the income of an individual and the extent of his collection of Dwarfs: in 94% of cases, it has been demonstrated that those who spend at least 42% of their income in Dwarf miniatures are on average happier than others.This discovery shocked the scientific community at that time, generating fierce debates and disputes, but everything was soon hushed up by the lobbies of fashion which saw in Elves a model of beauty more functional to their business. In defiance of the system and the standards imposed from above, we of the Durgin Paint Forge have worked hard for more than two years to realize a collection of Dwarfs that can allow you take a leap forward in your personal De Carli's Scale. This project is an act of love: we know how important it is for you to have awesome miniatures with which to widen your collection of dwarfs, and precisely for this reason we have endeavored to give you only our best. A spontaneous, visceral, loud and often inappropriate love: typically Italian, indeed. You will soon find that only a temporary restraining order may prevent us from loving you. In the meantime, sit down comfortably and enjoy excellence.

Have an awesome Kickstarter!

ffc0536981b360691a234af2ed793561_origina

This project was born to finance the production of a range of élite Dwarfs, in wargame scale (our standard Dwarf is about 25mm tall). All our models are carved digitally, prototyped at a resolution of 15micron and made of high quality resin by Grx Créations. The range includes an initial set of 16 characters and the mascot of the group: a hunting bulldog (well, at least when he doesn't sleep!).

bf22f092f8af69cb26d155b11ef109dd_origina

Resin copies sample by Grx Créations:

e060b19c892cc9743f72f9c6a9699383_origina

3d Masters (15micron res.):

a474311ee3b7c25b554952266623b6ae_origina

"PEOPLES OF INNEATH: VOLUME I"

Behind all our dwarves there is a story, such as behind each hero there is an epic origin. And Dwarves are heroes (at least, female ones, which have to give birth to such big-heady creatures!). This booklet contains everything you need to know about the Dwarves of Kazhuk Izril, a little gem entirely illustrated with a beautiful ink art, and written by one of the most famous adventurers of Inneath: Inigo da Lucci! The first version of this booklet is planned to have approx. 60 pages (A5 format), but if this project goes well, more pages will be added to keep on telling this tale!

5cab15b27a1c69de4bf1786d19242815_origina

1fa238364d001ee3da58eccac82392f0_origina

There are three ways in which you can recruit our Dwarfs: the bundles, the purchase of individual miniatures of your choice and the mixed salad (bundles + the addition of individual miniatures). To prevent you from any form of stress, incompatible with the objectives of the De Carli's Scale, we forced our gnome slav -er, employees, to create some specific tutorials so you can manage your rewards without problems.

BUNDLES:

bd27242d7ceec2a76b669d0fd93cb5bb_origina

96b4253e852e6ec58e75214c4207a7cf_origina

8bc91ac574991f0addcf05b297dab6eb_origina

58ceeea7ea63e7095fce3e222cc70ccc_origina

824af3b41daae55a23c7e9222f3d41e9_origina

bba91a97fd336203ff9287f453013415_origina

a0d47dd6b810d1e7df966d18ee416c9c_origina

Edited by SamuraiJack
Tag updated.
  • Like 1

Add-ons are a great strategical element, in a Kickstarter campaign.
In few words, Add-ons are products that the creator makes available during the crowdfunding, when reaching determinate funding objectives. 
Despite stretch-goals, that are supposed to be free, a sort of gift by the creator to the mighty backers, add-ons are a sort of "level-up" of the project: "wow guys! your support is so incredible that we are able to do MORE!".
I thought about add-ons deeply in these last weeks, and I really hope to be able to produce them all, but I see them as the "cherry on top of the cake" (even outside Italy do you say so?) , instead of the "filling of the cake": "The Iron Crows" project is planned to be already a stunning range with lot of tasty stuff. But why deprive us of some extra-cuddles?!

At the moment, the Add-ons I have planned are thought to be the more "useful" to the project is possible:
1) the first Add-on will be the 1/24 scale version of our Iron Crow Veteran. Lot of people asks us to make also miniature in bigger scale, and after lot of debate, we decided to give it a try. Why the Veteran? Cause it seems to be the most favorite character, till now, and its sculpt is very adaptable (even by a manufacturer point of view) to the scale-changing. 
2) new characters: it's simple. I think that if we may succeed with this project, it would be all about the dwarves themselves. So we will keep on making new characters, completing as well all this already wide range. I'm thinking about two dwarf adventurers (male and female) and a blacksmith: characters that were originally planned, but that we benched for a simple matter of numbers.
3) democracy's dictatorship: the last add-on will be decided by the community (between a range of our proposals, so I'm sorry for you: there will be no dwarf putin on bear, or stuff like that).

16601701_1483304128368413_60112461876020

If only they didn't look like the ugly old football headed Rackham sculpts that Confrontation players loved. You know, the ones without moustaches so they basically looked like Pacman with tiny little arms and legs. Good grief those figures were hideous (so why did I paint so many?).

I got the elf from the first KS and I like it a lot.. their dragon was oddly posed so I'm sure it's their style thats not what we're used to.. 

updated with Live tag, link and details

I was in on their last crowdfunding for the Dragon and had a pretty good experience

I don't know why I'm even posting this. Beagle doesn't even stop by here anymore, but here's a link to another Dwarven Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/durginpaintforge/the-iron-crows-and-other-dwarves-of-kazhuk-izril/description

I only wish that bearded chubby men with large noses were as popular in the real world as they are on Kickstarter.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/willy-miniatures/willy-miniatures-chaos-team-2o/description

About
      We are raising funds to create the Chaos Team 2.0, an upgrade for our classic Chaos Team. The new team will be produced in resin and will include new models, with 3 mutant beastmen to make a 15 players team and new Star Players and Staff members. We have adapted the models to make the mounting process easier, with less pieces and better joint parts.
      Chaos Warriors Beastmen We have a special offer, for the first 48h you can get the Chaos Team Pledge or the Chaos Deluxe Pledge and get some extra FREE miniatures
      If you pledge in the first 48h you will get the Tentacleman Star Player for FREE You get 2 free miniatures (Tentacleman Star Player and Chainsaw Star Player) if you pledge in the first 48 hours If you take an Early Bird, each extra Chaos team you get will have the same conditions You can choose Ratmen, Chaos Pact, Wood Elves or Chaos. Each Deluxe Box includes a 2 sided pitch, 2 reversible dugouts and a foam tray to storage and carry your miniatures.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresylab2/heresylab-scifi-heresy-girls-miniature-set-12?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery

About
      Over the past decade I have directly assisted multiple miniature companies achieve success with their projects. I have both broad and lengthy experience in the miniature industry. My previous work has covered all aspects of miniature production from design to manufacturing, and ranges from working with metal to resin and also plastic materials. Now I am creating my own line of high quality figures and am asking for your help to meet my goals. 
      This project is an extension of the Heresy Girl Kickstarter and will expand to add more figures, add-ons, and freebies. After the first KS my warehouse was left only with a few figures and need to make a new order. As prices go by quantity this KS hopefuly will allow me to get a betetr price make backer happy and get new stock. 
      If a picture is worth a thousand words than these images should speak for themselves. The Heresy Girls Kickstarter feedback will confirm what said above, just look at all the positive comments I got about the look and quality of the figures.   

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/424735907/cabor-miniatures-fantasy-miniatures?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery

About
      Hi Guys, welcome to my Kickstarter campaign! My name is Carlo Borella and I am long time miniature painter, sculptor and player of several wargames. I decided to produce my own fantasy miniatures range in order to share with you my passion for this wonderful hobby.
      You can use my miniatures in order to personalize your armies with unique pieces, enrich your role-playing experiece of tabletop games with new hand-crafted characters or add them to your miniatures collection!
       These are the miniatures I am presenting for my Kickstarter campaign!
      All miniatures are hand-crafted in greenstuff by myself and casted in fine high quality white metal. Most of them fit perfectly with existing 28mm wargames such as D&D, Lotr/The Hobbit and many others I guess
      The miniatures are already sculpted and casted, I am using kickstarter in order evaluate if it makes sense to cast some other miniatures in the future!
      Desert Watcher Desert Watcher 2 Desert Watcher 3 Fire-Caller Mage Wintry Orc Wintry Orc 2 Half-Troll Half-Troll 2 Half-Troll 3 The Nanny Barbarian Warriors Sleeping Giant
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152909942/3d-printable-tombstone-models-tabletop-gaming-28-3?ref=category_newest&ref=discovery

About
      I am creating Game Assets for different Game Engines like Unity3D and Unreal Engine. I love tabletop fantasy and war gaming miniature gaming. And because 3D Printing is the future of Tabletop gaming I want to help you to get an easy start in that future. Here I bring you a set of 24 Tombstone Models for your tabletop gaming. 
      Tombstone Set Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set Destroyed Tombstone Set  Additional Rewards for the Graveyard Diggers

As a Graveyard Digger you will receive additional 5 Models as shown in the image.
      Grave Digger additional Tombstone Set Additional Rewards for the Graveyard Keepers
      As a Graveyard Digger you will receive additional 10 Models, the 5 of the Grave Diggers and exclusive Graveyard Keeper Tombstones as shown in the image.
      Graveyard Keeper additional Tombstone Set  --- YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FILES ONLY FOR 3D PRINTING IN STL, NOT THE PHYSICAL MODELS ---

• By SamuraiJack
      these look strangely familiar

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasyfootball/fantasy-football-starbowl-ii-chaos-dwarf-team?ref=discovery

About
      Dear Friends
      Welcome to starbowl for fantasy football game
      Starbowl for fantasy football is a project that began more than 5 years ago with the idea of expanding the fantasy football world with new possibilities adapting the current teams inspired by the Tolkien universe with new races adding more range of miniatures and characters.
      The creators and developers of this project are passionate lovers of fantasy football for many years and with starbowl we only seek to expand the current Multiverse of Fantasy Football with new teams that we consider can be very interesting and funny to play for face against the current teams on the field
      We hope you like and enjoy this project so you can decide to support us, we invite you to join so that the project can finally be financed (really this would be a great motivation for we can continue developing in the future more teams for starbowl )
      this campaign presents from 2 to 3 teams to be adapted to the skills of the Chaos, ratmen , and chaos dwarf teams.
      So we start by presenting:
      Stuntytroopers Team  as Chaos dwarf team
      Basically it's a Chaos Dwarf team consisting of 16 players and 1 Big Guy ,these would be :
      6 stuntytroopers , 2 centaurs , 8 Hobdroidlings and Mino AT as Big guy
       Stuntytroopers /Chaos dwarf  Mino AT Big Guy
       Alternative starplayers
      alternative starplayers for starbowl these are: Dwarf with chainsaw, Dwarf champion, dwarf with bazooka
      The Brood Team
      For this team, 21 miniatures  have been sculpted, combining the positionals (20 players and 1 Big guy ) .These can be used as skaven team or as Chaos team.
      Brood Team as ratmen version
      as skaven team these would be:
      2 throwers ,2 Blitzers ,4 catcher/runners ,8 linemans and Big Guy
      Brood Team as Chaos version
      as Chaos team version these would be:
      4 hunt warriors ,12 brood beastmen and 1 Big Guy *(as chaos team all broods are considered as positional beastmen )
      The Big Guy for Brood Team (ratmen or Chaos version)
       Blockdice and D6
      for starbowl fantasy Football for now 5 different sets of dice have been designed, these would be :
       Dice for Tronik team
       Dice for Razor Team
       Dice for Chaos team
       Dice for Brood Team
      each set of dice is composed of 3 blockdice (symbols) and 2 D6 (numbers)
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)