Pragma

WIP: Halfling riding a gryphon

77 posts in this topic

Looks Outstanding!

Just a minor thought...

The tree stump is grey and kind of blends in to the greys of the stone...

Maybe a glaze or 2 of brown to help differentiate it a bit more?

Not to much, as we know that tree trunks tend to be more grey than brown.....

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Looks Outstanding!

Just a minor thought...

The tree stump is grey and kind of blends in to the greys of the stone...

Maybe a glaze or 2 of brown to help differentiate it a bit more?

Not to much, as we know that tree trunks tend to be more grey than brown.....

Good call! Also a little more brown will tie it nicely to the rest of the piece. Now I just need to decide on a brown. I have HD umber brown and muddy brown, but they are a little on the grey side. Ruddy leather might be too red, and blackened brown is perhaps too dark. Hmmmm ....

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sirithiliel
      77386: Andriessa, female wizard
      77387: Lanelle, half elf rogue
      77389: Highland Heroine
      77203: Alastriel
      77208: Anwyn
      77210: Sarah the Seeress
      77217: Mi-Sher
      77218: Woody Stumpwimple, Halfling Ranger
      77223: Kristianna
      77225: Ingrid, Female Viking
      77165: Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Rogue
      77079: Isabeau Laroche, Female Paladin
      77070: Aviriel Tellerion, Female Elf
      89012: Lem, Iconic Bard
      77078: Astrid, Female Bard
      89006: Seoni, Iconic Sorceress 
      77164: Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard

• By canuckotter
      I posted an orc barbarian a few days back that I was working on. He's one of the characters in the Fantasy AGE campaign I'm running. I bought other models for the other characters but couldn't find anything quite right, so I got as close as I could and figured I'd modify them later. Apparently tonight's the night to start that work...  I'd already put brown liner on them before deciding I really was going to modify the figures, in case you're wondering what's going on with them.

(Sorry for crummy pictures, I was experimenting with using my webcam... Man I really need to find that digicam that I know should be kicking around the house somewhere...)

Anyway! First up - 77165 - Hellakin Gorecutter, Halfling Rogue. This is the model I've chosen for the party mage, who for some reason has decided he wants to run around with a morningstar. It's worth noting that the mace is his arcane implement - he channels his magic through it, including healing magic... The most terrifying healer ever. (Actually the healing spell doesn't need to be channelled through it, we just thought it would be hilarious if his way of healing his friends was to hit them with his morningstar.) I cut off the sword in his right hand and attached a short brass rod, which'll be greenstuffed into a morningstar shortly.

Next is 77218 - Woody Stumpwimple, Halfling Ranger. This is our party rogue. Except he doesn't use a bow, so I've chopped the bow out of his left hand, and I'm in the process of cutting the arrows out of the quiver on his back. The character is in love with his arquebus, and I'm still deciding whether he's going to be holding that in his left hand or if I'll have him holster it on his back (in what used to be the quiver) as if he's Ash or something.

The final member of the party is 77021 - Lindir, Elf Archer. He doesn't require any modifications, so I don't have him with me right now to take pictures... If you want to know what he looks like, go look at the link.
    • By Melkavar
      The hunter tightened his grip on his bow, preparing to draw his arrow to his ear. He had followed the trail of his quarry, a mighty wild boar, into the clearing ahead. A sudden crunching sound, like breaking bone, made him freeze in his tracks. He cautiously crept forward and peered around the trunk of an ancient oak. The vision of pure majesty he saw within the clearing stole his breath. There, a mighty golden griffon was finishing its meal of wild boar. The hunter slowly, deliberately relaxed his hold and returned his arrow to its quiver. He clasped a hand over his heart and bowed his head toward the regal creature. He would find other game elsewhere, for this meat had been claimed by the King of Beasts and the King of Birds.

Only have the base work left to do, figure paint is essentially done unless I find something that needs touch-up.
    • By Grim
      I haven't gotten my Bones II Kickstarter yet (tomorrow afternoon, according to UPS,) but hey, I still have plenty of minis to paint.  I haven't posted anything in a while, sorry about that.  I just finished this guy last week, it is the Bones Griffon.  I wanted to paint the eagle portions to look like an actual eagle, so I did some hunting and decided on the Steller's Sea Eagle - sure the beak on the real bird is kind of goofy-looking, but I love the coloration.  Since I was going with black and white, I continued the coloration to the lion portions.  I am aware that black lions are a hoax (they're photoshopped white lions,) but I rather liked the idea anyway. :)  Pictures are very high res, feel free to click on them for a closer view.  Comments welcome!

• By uncas
      Hi all, 

A friend kept admiring my Bones KS 1 Griffon and demanding I do a good paint job on it, so I bought a second to paint two up and give her the choice of one as a gift. I've been meaning to post them, and the flurry of activity on Griffon related posts has provided the extra push.

The one with the purple wings is going to get a metallic gold coat on it's shoulder like the other one, per request from the recipient. 

I welcome comments. The purple one is the second I painted.  
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)