SamuraiJack

Funded
Relic Knights 2nd Edition

60 posts in this topic

I'm just happy there's a second smaller cat bot in the stretch goals

1 person likes this

there are several Darkspace models i want and a couple others for painting purposes.. 

2 people like this

I really want to go all in on this {and may once the pledge manager is up), but for now I'm in for just the updated rules, and unit cards. 

2 people like this

And predictably I cave and am now backing.... :down:

5 people like this

so many space wizards of various themes.

2 people like this

So the difference between the questing knight and the relic knight pledge appears to be the void break expansion rulebook, does anyone know what is in the book?  More than anything I just think the models look really cool so I'm not sure if I would need the book.

Where are the SDE chibi crossovers?

I think the void break book is all the characters that weren't in first edition, but they haven't been very clear on that.

The Void Break book will primarily contain more fluff.  The story lines that were started in the main book (Black Diamond attack on Doctrine, Malaneach(sp?) invasion, etc), as well as blurbs about the new characters and units.  There may also be a hobby section, etc.  Although it will contain rules for models not found in the 2.0 rulebook, you'll have cards for those models so you don't necessarily need the book.  The only exception might be for new unit types or keywords, like Avatar.

If you only care about models: get questing knight

If you like fluff: get relic knight

If you're a gamer: either is probably fine

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Screw it, I'm glad to see Sodapop Miniatures putting out an actual miniatures game as opposed to yet another board game with miniatures.  Relic Knights has never been my favorite as a gaming line (a bit too "bunch of random stuff" to feel like a coherent game), but who needs a reason to paint minis.

I don't think I'll go all in though, probably just Enforcers squad, Diamond Corps squad, and a few other items.

Edited by Jeneki

So, I am out (at least for now). I went through all my Relic knights 1st edition stuff. I got Noh, Circi speed circuit and Black Diamond, as well as some Void and Prism stuff. I actually got 2X Black Diamond and 3X Noh stuff... All great stuff. But.... I have not touched any of it since assembling when I first got it... So I really cant justify getting any more. I may look for some of the core box minis (Bang Bang and the Starburst guys...) and may cave again if the unlocks get better or are more aligned with my tastes... but for now... No, no for now.

1 person likes this

the question for me is "can I justify making this a triple marie-claude kickstarter?"

I might back for the Pin-Ups..

To be fair, I don't think it is often reasonable to go "all in" on any tabletop minis game.  Prices get unreasonable much faster than with a non-Kingdom Death board game.

I don't know if this was mentioned before- but the Upgrade deck is being very inclusive- they're going to have the Penny Arcade characters and the Kingdom Death crossovers as well as all the promo RK minis (I think this means that we'll have rules for the Candy with the huge cannon.  The pinata list gets larger).

2 people like this

There are a couple minis I want that are only part of the new Cadres and not for individual purchase.. ah well.. that might keep me from pledging completely.. 

1 person likes this