Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Quick DDM Repaint: Planetar Angel

So, was bored and wanted to paint something to take along for my GenCon trip as a Prize for some DDM Guild events. So, I saw the Planetar from the most recent DDM set and thought, it had a cool pose and a bad paintjob! So I decided to try and fix that. The Wings look a lot better in person. Also, whoever thought that style of Flying Post was a good idea should most likely be fired and never allowed to be in change of miniature anything ever again! Took about an hour and a half to paint it.

Planetar%2002_zpszqn19hwr.png

Planetar%2001_zps0bgas0p9.png

Planetar%2003_zpsoo0xj4mn.png

GF

• Like 6

Nice work!

I definitely see what you mean about the flying stand, though.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym

As I stated, I am working on a lot of projects involving the various Joten Horde I command and so I managed to acquire this one on Black Friday at my FLGS, Millennium, in Rochester, NY.

Wizkids :: Troll :: Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures™

This appears to be a direct response to Reaper's Bones line.
      It comes pre-primed with Vallejo Grey Primer and that wafer thin base AND the integral base.

As you can see this is a classic Dungeons & Dragons portrayal of a troll.   I've always enjoyed this kind and have a couple of classic trolls from TSR in the same vein.

As I mentioned, I above, he came with a really thin base to put him on and the integral base.  Wasn't a fan of either so I cut the integral base right off and glue him to a piece of shale to add some weight to the miniature.  I also glued that to a architectural tile sample.  Then added some bark.  One piece to represent a log coming from below the rock he's standing on and the rest to increase the uneven terrain feeling.  I added the course and fine sand to give the whole thing some texture.

Afterward, I sealed the whole base with a quick coating of Testors Dullcote and then primed it by hand with some Reaper Grey Primer.

Some points about the model...

It says high-definition and it certainly seems to be of very good detail.  You can see a nice definition with the knuckles and veins on his hands and wrist.

That said, what annoys me is the mold line through his left cheek and his hair.  The rest of them are in the usual spots, along his chest sides and either side of his limbs.

The price point for the Bones Trolls compared to this troll at the store ($5) are roughly the same.

I look forward to adding him to the crew and I think I might continue my Abomination style skin on him that I used for the Mountain Troll, The Skull Collector. 

Enjoy and Stay Tuned!

• By Ghool
      This was an experiment in HQ speed painting using thinned, semi-opaque paint over zenithal priming.
      In all it took about 8 hours including the base (damn chipped vase already!). Pretty happy with the results, and now onto the other 30 big monsters...

• By Sushiroll
      Hey all, I looked for a thread about this but didn't see one. Anyway, what do people prefer to paint, metal or plastic minis? I just started painting and have only done plastic. I've seen pictures of some metal ones and they seem to have crisper details. I see they offer both options for a lot of minis on the reaper store, wanted to see what people think? Thanks!
    • By odinsgrandson
      One of the minis that first got me into gaming was the old Lord of Change.
      This was a good while back- in those days, a Lord of Change was mounted on a square 40mm base, and wasn’t much larger than the ogres of the day and they fit into a blister pack.
      The new Lord of Change may very well be the best mini Games Workshop has in its lineup. A very fine piece indeed, and I’m happy that I’ve gotten to paint it a few times now.
      Here are two of them (for the same force).

• By PurpleLlama
      Here is my next project I'm trying to focus on while filling in with the hill giant.  This is a birthday present for a friend.  I'm thinking of going for a dark angel look with reds, purples and blacks.  I'll attach the wings after I get most of the upper portion painted up.

• Who's Online   48 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)