Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Quick DDM Repaint: Planetar Angel

So, was bored and wanted to paint something to take along for my GenCon trip as a Prize for some DDM Guild events. So, I saw the Planetar from the most recent DDM set and thought, it had a cool pose and a bad paintjob! So I decided to try and fix that. The Wings look a lot better in person. Also, whoever thought that style of Flying Post was a good idea should most likely be fired and never allowed to be in change of miniature anything ever again! Took about an hour and a half to paint it.

Planetar%2002_zpszqn19hwr.png

Planetar%2001_zps0bgas0p9.png

Planetar%2003_zpsoo0xj4mn.png

GF

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Felltyde
      Didn’t really turn out as well as I hoped, my lack of skill and weak facial features didn’t help. Might revisit at some point. They can’t all be winner! 

• By Disciple of Sakura
      So, I went to Origins this weekend and entered the Reaper Speed-Paint. I was only supposed to be at the con on Friday and Saturday, but I paved on Friday and won my Saturday semifinal, so I called in sick on Sunday so I could compete in the finals, where I managed to pull off a win. Friday was the scarecrow, Saturday was the hobgoblin, and Sunday they gave us the Jungle Titan. I'd already painted two of the three before, which certainly didn't hurt when it came go time.
      I didn't get a chance to get pictures in my photo studio before heading out on vacation, so these are the shots I took with my phone at the convention. 

We had 45 minutes in round 1, 50 minutes in round 2, and a whopping 60 minutes in round 3.
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've never been much of a fan of GW.  I mean the first fig I ever painted was GW, but that's because my friend (who was also the store owner) gave it to me for free (Come on, try it, the first one's free....).
      And I played some Bloodbowl back in the day (should really finish my Chaos Dwarf team one of these days...only been a decade or two).
      But I never really got into anything GW was making. Style wasn't what I was looking for, or the price point, or whatever.
      So then last week I was in Montreal for the GP (great time, too bad the race itself was soooooo boring). Was visiting a friend who lives up there and we wandered into the rather impressive GW store in the Eaton Centre.  Took a look around and caught sight of this:

Apparently a new edition of Age of Sigmar is coming out this week, and these guys are a faction.  Or whatever the different groups are called.
      I thought, "Those are pretty cool!  Flying stuff.  Steampunky.  I like."

Then we left.  And I went and marshaled for 3 days (the support races were better, btw).
      Then we met back up on Monday.  And I was still thinking about the cool steampunky flying ships.  So we went back and I picked up the starter. (they have 2 bigger flying ships too, but ouch, not cheap).

So, this is what they look like when you open the box:

Oye! Lots of bits.  Looks like everything has options (they have a very detailed assembly guide, quite impressive).  Options that presumably follow rules.  Rules I'm not sure I'll ever read, let alone play. 
      But I may check with the local store; I think they had some folks playing something GW.

So that's all I've done with them so far, but figured I'd post and get the WIP started. These may take a bit to get going.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

DDM Unhallowed 6/60 common...

Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

DDM Unhallowed 3/60 uncommon...

Abracadabbra,
      Kev!
      P.S. Presto!
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)