Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Quick DDM Repaint: Planetar Angel

So, was bored and wanted to paint something to take along for my GenCon trip as a Prize for some DDM Guild events. So, I saw the Planetar from the most recent DDM set and thought, it had a cool pose and a bad paintjob! So I decided to try and fix that. The Wings look a lot better in person. Also, whoever thought that style of Flying Post was a good idea should most likely be fired and never allowed to be in change of miniature anything ever again! Took about an hour and a half to paint it.

Planetar%2002_zpszqn19hwr.png

Planetar%2001_zps0bgas0p9.png

Planetar%2003_zpsoo0xj4mn.png

GF

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Inspiration came from the Reaper Quarterly Contest...

Kev!
    • By Brianuk
      Nearly done with these I think. I haven't had to do a big batch paint for a while but will do that to get all the orcs and goblins done from the Zombicide Green horde kickstarter. I started off with Army Painter spray paints, necrotic flesh with a light pass of greenskin, or vice versa. Then immediately did a wash of green and purple ink mixed together. This batch has dark red clothes with khaki leather. Will change that on the other batches. What I need to decide (c and c welcome) is whether to do another wash on top or much highlighting. 
      Bases will be an attempt to match/reference the board so flagstones, grass, broken wood. And blood. 

Also, why do I keep humming "I want it (that way)"? 

• By GodOfCheese
      SonOfCheese mentioned offhand that I would have to be "insane" to try to blend Cyan to Yellow, so I took this as a challenge.  :-)  Being Celestial and all, the Solar (IMHO) should have brightly colored wings.

I dithered on what to do with his sword. I wasn't too keen on the sword being just a sword, so I ventured into a little bit of OSL with it.  Suggestions/comments/criticism appreciated if you have it, as this is uncertain territory for me :-D

I did not want his MeatClaws(tm) to glow, because that would damage the delicate flavor of any celestial barbecue he chose to make with them.

• By Rob Dean
      A few 1/72 scale fantasy things to while away a rainy day. A few of the knights were from a recent business trip, but I finished three more to round out a commander stand yesterday.

• By pcktlnt
      Hordes of the Auld World - Orcs and Goblins, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/hordes-of-the-auld-world-orcs-and-goblins

Dont know how to share more information while on the phone.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)