Margara, Dwarf Mage

Nicely done!

I'd suggest that you try to use a dark to neutral background for final pics, something like a grey or black. I'd also suggest that instead of painting the base a color like gold rim it in black. The reason being that black shows and end to the base for our minds and when you paint it a shiny color it distracts the eye and pulls it from the focus of the miniature itself. 

You're really doing a great job though, some constructive criticism so that you can up your game a bit more next time ::D:

• Like 4

What's that in her left hand?

It looks like a chisel, though the brass or gold it appears to be made of is a terrible material for such a tool, unless it is of ceremonial or magical nature.

She looks great.!

I second Ub3r's advice.

For me I paint the rims either earth or green depending on the terrain the mini is supposed to be on.

A little neutral background will provide better pics.

Keep up the good work and have fun!!!

In general I agree with Ub3r, but with this mini I think the whole color-scheme fits the golden base really well..

Normally i would agree with the black base... but here, i REALLY like the golden pedestal - Every sorcerer is a bit of an ego maniac, and this lady is definitely flaunting the bling!

Beautifully painted and very flashy - i love it

i predict you never pick up another characters mini by mistake!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      I just realized that I'd been painting but had not posted any of them. :-)
      I like this mini, but I often struggled with the impression that she was putting her head on for the day. :-)
      Painting her was fun, but I had a lot of problems with her mold lines, and she came out very muddy in some ways.  

• By Inarah
      I needed a bunch of female figures for an RPG set in the 1920s, and I needed them fast and cheap.  Sunday I ordered some Heroclix for a buck each, and by Wed  evening they were in my hands.  I need to modify the figures to have longer dresses appropriate for the period when the game is set. 

First thing I did was cut them off at the feet.  I found a hobby knife worked well. A sharp hobby knife would work better. 

I used two part epoxy putty to make skirts.  I just smooshed it on and smoothed it out.  I should have started with a blob between the legs and let it dry overnight for stability. 

Next: primer, paint and bases. 
    • By Silvervane
      I finally decided to call her finished.  Sana is, as usual from Hasslefree Miniatures, a great sculpt.  I really enjoyed painting her.  Hope you enjoy my paint work on this figure.

Her WIP is here.
    • By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.
      After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.
      I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
    • By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.
      I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.
      All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.
      Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.
      This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.
      I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)