Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Ase Arvidson, Red Box Games

Ase Arvidson from Red Box Games. Another miniature that had to suffer before I've settled (kind of) for a sealing method. 

Ase was a quick, and rather painless, paintjob. I have decided to try and speed up things (since I'm at the time of writing 229 finished miniatures short of having painted all my RBG minis....). This means having to settle for less (one sacrifice is way less time trying to paint eyes on small minis), but with how Ase turned out I'm quite OK with that. The original sculpt had a rather ugly arrow running down the leg, which I cut away and replaced with part of a metal paper clip. I'm not a sculpter so that's the best I could manage (I have since though about using needles but the paper clips are way cheaper :D). 

post-6964-0-46530100-1487884214_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-00739900-1487884216_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-38895800-1487884218_thumb.jpg

post-6964-0-92641200-1487884216.jpg

• Like 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By quidamcorvus
      Ezren, Iconic Male Human Wizard from Reaper Miniatures.
      More on my BLOG.

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree HFD104 Drya Lafhelgasdottir, sculpted by Tre Manor, and not, as I identified all through the WIP thread, a Red Box Games dwarf. I think I was confused because she was by Tre Manor.

She is also the last, the seventh, of the dwarves I painted for the project "Jade Green and Seven Dwarfs," an effort both to get some dwarves painted up for general gaming use, and to make a group of Jadeborn for a game of Exalted.

This is a photo of all the project's figures together:

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      Surprised this hasn't made it here yet.
      Tre is at it again, this time with an Aenglish based warband.  Sitting at 10 figures for $55.  A full-figured female mage with her male apprentice, a female thief and 7 semi modular men-at-arms.  End date is 8 days away (KS just went live yesterday), and he has several stretch goals planned.  Just about funded now.

Sorry for no picture, my work computer doesn't like to cough up links.
    • By Adrift
      Friends! Here are 23 additional figures I painted in September. The results are largely for tabletop, or slightly better than tabletop quality.

The Dreadmere Hunter was a free miniature at ReaperCon...I hated it but got it for my son, he loved it and his little 8-year-old heart decided that it was to be his DND ranger 
      I also painted the Barrel Mimic which Galladoria Games gave away as a new attendee this year. I painted a DGS miniature named Jhenkar (a small version of the Neverending Story dragon). I also painted two Red Box Games miniatures, Derek the Dim and Hvitarnor (first time doing a 5-o'clock shadow). Lots of experimenting with TMM and NMM. Just having fun, trying things and enjoying making progress...

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)