Doublesix66

UTF Possible paint Schemes?

Hello Everyone,

newbie here to the game and history.

I've finally sat down to start my Cav's from the KS I piggybacked a friends KS and bought a UTF force as I just liked the look of the Cavs basically rather than any force ideas and was wondering on possible paint schemes, I've searched the forum and thanks Cavboss for the recent links to gain some inspiration as to how to proceed.

I've done a couple of test colours as i always do when starting off on a new project like this I also write down the colours on the paper for future reference or if I add to the units at a later date

IMG_3758.jpg

I am leaning towards the Purple & blue scheme at the moment that or the dark green with blue.

I previously used this scheme on my 6mm brigade games Eurofed for for FutureWar Commader

Eurofed_group1.jpg

and was wondering if it would work well on the slightly bigger scale figures, will probably try it out on a tank 1st

Eurofed_Gamlins.jpg

Also on the Stars I won't be buying the fighting piranha ones as it will cost a lot with international postage so I was wondering if I used WWII US white stars and added some blue strips buy hand would be acceptable.

Do UTF forces tend to have numbers on there Cavs for recognition?

Thanks for any tips/ideas in advance

'66'

• Like 4

Hello and welcome to the forums and to CAV:SO. Basically, any paint job you can dream up is cool. each Legion/ army unit can be as different as each of us. You want orange with pink polka dots, go ahead. Some of us may snicker at the colors, but we all, do enjoy a good paint job. So what ever you decide on a paint scheme, go for it, however we request pics.

• Like 1

Double,

In CAV most units are equipped with Adaptive Thermal Camo that effectively mimics the surrounding environment, changing as the model moves from one area to the next. This same system allows the model to program its "skin" to whatever it wishes to display, which is helpful when displaying their unit paint schemes. SO you can really use whatever you wish.

With that being said the "house" paint schemes used by the Terrans has a lot of Greens, browns and such like you see with most modern earth militaries today.

We are working on putting up "official" paint schemes for those units that have so far been detailed in the universe.

As far as numbers and logos yes those would work well on the minis.

• Like 2

Yup, what CAVBoss said!  Most legions might have a parade program they type in for that sort of thing (or for quick recognition on the field of battle by both opponents and friendlies) As an example, the 25th Legion uses a tan (think US Army/Marines desert tan tanks/vehicles) color scheme with teal/turquoise highlights as it's "standard, default" scheme.  But on the fly they can punch in whatever, though have a habit of leaving the teal highlights just because they can.

I LOVE the army you have there and think your scheme would look great on CAV's!  Before I saw the army I thought the darker purple with turquoise/green highlights and brown splotches in the upper left paper.  Thats the same scheme right?

Hi all thanks for the replies I'll start a WIP thread on the main Painting threads with a link here.

Thanks for the complements on the scheme I was after something different when I came up with the idea originally, yes Savage Coyote they have been done with the dark Purple & blue with brown patches test piece 

they were the opposing force to my chinese CDSU which are a lot more basic in colour just 2 colours

CDSU_group-1.jpg

CDSU_Artillery.jpg

Ok which me luck hopefully it will transfer well onto the larger figures

• Like 2

Saw it. Looks good. Never thought about creating molds for dead CAVs.

3 hours ago, Maredudd said:

Saw it. Looks good. Never thought about creating molds for dead CAVs.

I have a few and they really add to a game. Great job on 66s, though I might of saved the metal ones for play and used plastic CAVs :)

• Like 2