34 posts in this topic

Doing good so far on March, I finished my lion pride consisting of 6 + 1 lionish mini.  And since it's still the first week of March, I think I can handily finish a few more this month.

6 people like this

My hobby goals for this month:

Finish up a car kit I started last month, just one of those kits that is taking longer to finish then I thought it would. Start prep work on the Iron Maiden Boeing 747-400 BoS tour plane & figure out what my next car kit will be. Kinda lost the urge to build as the last kit I was working on (along with the one I started last month) met a untimely but righteous (at least I think so) death.....by a hammer no less...at least I felt better afterwards. :B):

Try to work myself back in miniature painting. Finish up my Vday "entry" that I started last month. Work on some ReaperCon games minis that need to painted up & such.

5 people like this

Business and home repair projects have kept me from painting so far this month. Hoping to get some brush time in tonight.

4 people like this

10 hours ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Business and home repair projects have kept me from painting so far this month. Hoping to get some brush time in tonight.

Yeah that didn't happen. Laundry and passing out from exhaustion won out.

2 people like this

On 3/1/2017 at 6:57 PM, SparrowMarie said:

In no particular order:

Paint:

• Shadows of Brimstone Trun Hunters
  • Khanjira's Base
  • Goldar the barbarian (no later than the 26th)
  • Kar Drakir
  • DDS2 fighter and dwarf cleric

Assemble SoB Swamp Raptor (may need to acquire new sprue cutters first)

Get organized (at this rate this may never happen)

I've completed the DDS2 fighter and dwarf cleric. Making it final that I've completely finished DDS2. Goldar is also finished. Kar Drakir is on my table to be painted next. I'm slowly getting things more organized though it looks worse than it did before things are moving along. I will also need new sprue cutters since I've searched high and low and cannot find mine.

3 people like this

Been in a serious painting funk lately.  Just painting every day for the rest of the month would be the best goal I could keep.

5 people like this

In keeping with my yearly goal I plan to:

• Paint three Migo scientists for my Call of Cthulhu game
  • Paint two character minis for the Call of Cthulhu game
  • Paint one Carneval patrician for the Call of Cthulhu game
  • Finish my female fighter-mage from last month
  • Finish my Mithril Tom Bombadil figure from last month
  • This Month's Mithril miniature Elven Princess

> My 2017 goals are:

• To paint enough Sci-fi miniatures to play the game Future Tales. ( none so far)
  • To paint the remaining figures to fill out my Frostgrave base forces. ( 2 so far)
  • To paint character figures for the remaining characters in my Call of Cthulhu campaign. ( 4 so far)
  • To paint mythos creatures for my Call of Cthulhu campaign.  ( 6 so far)
  • To paint the graveyard terrain from Reaper's Bones 3.  ( when I get it)
  • To paint three entries for painting competitions this year.  ( I painted one for a contest that didn't happen. Doh!)
  • To paint one Mithril figure each month. ( On track with three)

buckyball

buckyball

2 people like this

So, Goals this Month in no real order...

#1: Make progress on the Mini-Minions for the Minionworks Podcast Network.

#2: Put Paint on my Spring Exchange Mini.

#3: Paint at least 1 D&D Mini for GenCon DDM Guild Prize Support.

#4: Have Fun!

GF

1 person likes this

So far I have done everything on the painting front aside from the Trun Hunters. I still need to assemble the Swamp Raptor but I've now ordered new sprue cutters that should hopefully be here by the end of the month. I've added the Mousling Druid that I'm going to attempt some OSL on. I've also figured out most of a list of things I need to do first when Bones 3 gets here and it consists of ~41 minis.

So far for the year I've painted 22 of my goal of 150. I think I'm off to a great start.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 3/3/2017 at 6:00 PM, Guildenstern said:

I've not been doing very well this year, getting goals started, let alone achieved so here's to trying to get it together!

Projects in Progress:

son's VC Crypt Horrors Completed!

son's VC Mortis Engine Completed!

Frostgrave Warband! (some are sadly still unpainted, my poor mouslings)

My spring exchange mini!

So to update! For this month:

- Spring Exchange mini - WIP

- 5 Iron Hand Space marines - basecoated

- Frostgrave Warband (err I bought more minis to put in it? /me wince)

Edited by Guildenstern
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Halfway through the month, time to check on goals!

On 3/1/2017 at 8:34 AM, David Brawley said:

Happy March everyone!

Bunch of rollover goals this month for me:

Finish D&D Chainmail Orc Druid (85% done)

Finish TARDISReaper's Phone Box (95% done)

Finish Goldar and his teddy (70% done)

Adding to the list:

Goblin Shaman - Hangout Figure of the Month (75% done along with 3 goblin warriors)

Frostgrave Troopers TBD (I need to sit down with my list and figure out what the Doctor's are going to want going forward)

**Picked the knight for this month. Roman soldier in progress, built, based, and converted - added a cloak

Scatter Terrain

Should be able to finish off the goblins and the knight. Goldar is a maybe. The scatter terrain... we'll see. Depends how wrapped up I get in Iron Fist.

Oh, and forgot to include the Lich Lord OSL project...

Edited by David Brawley
4 people like this

Right then, an update. I've been working steadily on my solo game for the past month with much dedication. The internet, as of now, is merely a tool for me to use in reference - no longer do I wither away on social media all day in a depressive funk. Huzzah ^_^!

Also, in other news, I have started painting a model just for giggles. She was the only model I had primed when I picked up a paint brush earlier in the month. You can tell she was one of my first models as I missed a few mold lines and some minor gate flash. When I selected her off the shelf, I didn't too much care about that and they're not bothering me badly as she's just something fun to get back into the hobby.

It feels good to be getting back on track with life again.

5 people like this

Let's see current DnD character has lived for 5 sessions so he may make it (1),  my buddy wants me to kit bash him a mini (2), doll up a large fire elemental (3) and water elemental (4), find out what the actual color of my painting desk (?) ... I have a drawer full of unpainted stuff to paint.  Don't judge me I have only been at this for a year or so and haven't had time to accumulate truly impressive amounts of swag like many of you ; )

2 people like this

On 3/1/2017 at 6:57 PM, SparrowMarie said:

In no particular order:

Paint:

• Shadows of Brimstone Trun Hunters
  • Khanjira's Base
  • Goldar the barbarian (no later than the 26th)
  • Kar Drakir
  • DDS2 fighter and dwarf cleric

Assemble SoB Swamp Raptor (may need to acquire new sprue cutters first)

Get organized (at this rate this may never happen)

I've finished everything on my list except for the Trun Hunters. My to do list, which all of certainly won't be done this month, currently looks like this:

Seelah, Iconic Paladin
Valeros, Iconic Fighter

Frank Buck
Shadow Tentacle Spell Effect (2)
Pathfinder Goblin Pyros (4)
Trun Hunters (3)
Swamp Raptor
SoB resin heroes (20)  
SoB resin villains (3)

6 people like this

Figure as there's only about a week left in the month it's time for another update!

Bunch of rollover goals this month for me:

Finish D&D Chainmail Orc Druid (85% done)

Finish TARDISReaper's Phone Box (95% done)

Finish Goldar and his teddy (70% done) No Change.

Adding to the list:

Goblin Shaman - Hangout Figure of the Month (98% done along with 3 goblin warriors)

Frostgrave Troopers TBD (I need to sit down with my list and figure out what the Doctor's are going to want going forward)

**Picked the knight for this month. Roman soldier in progress, built, based, and converted - added a cloak. Now Primed

Scatter Terrain Not yet started.

Lich Lord OSL Challenge 90%+ done (not including base)

My prediction is that I will finish the goblins and lich, and make good progress on the roman. I have some ideas for scatter terrain I want to make, but haven't actually sat down to start carving up foam yet.

2 people like this