Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metalchaos

Aliens Warrior boxed Set

5 posts in this topic

Not Reaper minis, but with the upcoming Alien Covenant movie I thought these would be appropriate.

Long out of production 25mm Miniatures 20300, Alien Warrior Boxed Set #1. They were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi in the early 90's for Leading Edge Games.

I went with three diffrent color just for a change. I added acid saliva in the mouth of one of them and a big wound on another one.

58ba19f34f41d_Aliens01.jpg.fff5cb2dffef682b09f5918e6281924d.jpg

58ba19f42b819_Aliens02.jpg.23c23357be0b24b4171708499a3e3aed.jpg

58ba1a851ad0d_Aliens04.jpg.e6a65196693da79fc1d36c0528572fdf.jpg

58ba1a85bc94d_Aliens07.jpg.9250c09bd3baea9a2fe055634501bd33.jpg

58ba1a865ece5_Aliens11.jpg.3efb3fc201cf9db6ef0cd84c29b40531.jpg

58ba1a878d2f1_Aliens15.jpg.e11a49bf7c47fa84e70c10038cbc7b9f.jpg

58ba1a882a462_Aliens19.jpg.a462ad72536d49aa11327b422fe4a998.jpg

58ba1a88ba078_Aliens20.jpg.554c1b5a0fe5283107d32c5e9b6d0e21.jpg

58ba1a8980c03_Aliens25.jpg.5ce2979f1c09ff43c1aaa42c82335d28.jpg

19 people like this

Neato!

I remember seeing these boxed sets way back when.

I wish I'd bought them then. Finding decent Aliens figures now is a pain.

1 person likes this

Nice touch to use different colours.

I like the saliva/acid wound.

1 person likes this

I heartily approve of these cheerful dancing xenomorphs. 

Colonial marines invading? Challenge them to a dance off. 

Got a gaping neck wound? Not a problem, just dance your cares away. 

5 people like this

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate. For some of you who may be wondering, green and red Aliens were featured in Aliens Genocide, a four-issue limited series published by Dark Horse Comics. The story was also adapted into the novel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      Ok, just came across this bizarre trailer on Youtube of  Russian Fantasy Movie produced by Disney.  I think it's a real thing, at least according to this Hollywood reporter article:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-russia-local-language-movies-885954

Anyway if you want to see Baba Yaga in her flying mortar, plus a great shot of her hut running, check it out... 

• By korimar
      Townsfolk of Dreadmere: Mercenaries 03793 by Bob Ridolfi

• By Pingo
      I speed-painted these over two afternoons to be a party of NPC adventurers for an eclectic mash-up of Exalted and the World of Darkness.  They are 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke).

WIP thread here.

• By Pingo
      My GM needed a party of NPCs fast for a game of Exalted set in the World of Darkness (think fantasy characters popping up in a modern day world, more or less).

There was no time to order anything, but we had the handy new Bones III core and Mythos sets.

These are the Bones minis 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and as a free bonus 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke), who was simply a "Vale Swordsman Elf Grunt" in metal (she was the first character picked for the one represented by Kassandra of the Blade, and I painted her up anyway as an extra and useful figure).

I painted these really fast -- for me -- in two afternoons, one to prime and paint faces and one to paint the rest of them.  It's not quite my one-hour robot speed paint, but for me it was super fast and the results are more tabletop-quality than my usual run.

First I washed and primed all the Bones with Reaper's Brown Liner.  I did not clean flash up as much as normal owing to the tight deadline.

Skin work, using simple mixes of earth pigments plus white: Burnt Umber (for the darker skin tones), Burnt Sienna (for the pinker, lighter skin tones), Red Iron Oxide (for really pink skin) ,and Yellow Ochre plus Titanium White. Hair was laid in with the same palette plus Carbon Black.

Rough shading with ruddy Burnt Sienna-Titanium White shadows and greyer Burnt Umber-Titanium White shadows.

This character, a former Fae, has dramatic blue-streaked hair.  This is a classic mix of Phthalocyanine Blue and enough Titanium White to make it opaque.

• By OneBoot
      A little backstory:

At PaizoCon, there's a fella named Cosmo who runs a TTRPG survival game, where you have to last at least 20 minutes against...killer clowns. Yes, that's right, you get mobbed from all sides by wave after wave of malevolent, monstorous clowns of all kinds.

@Reaperbryan paints at least one clown mini for him every year. And if it wasn't originally a clown, he MAKES it a clown. Last year, he and a few forum members (myself included) painted up a whole nightmarish Ronald McDonald clown crew. It was glorious and terrifying and a whole lot of fun.

But this year, Cosmo had a special request: he'd gotten Hecklemeyer and Styx, and asked Bryan if he could paint them up. Being a good management type, he delegated the job to me, since he was already working on turning a giant into a rubber chicken-wielding clown (which came out amazingly).

I had originally planned on purple and gold, with perhaps some red or green accents.

Instead, purple and teal happened. It's almost as though it was inevitable. 

(pardon my fingers in the picture; it was the only way my camera would show the correct colors. Since I was at the con, I didn't have access to my normal photo-taking setup)

Here's a shot that shows the puppet hanging off of his belt. I gave it a clown nose too, of course.

Group picture!

Cosmo was a very happy Cosmo when I gave them back. He did, in fact, squee loudly (followed by maniacal giggling). It was extremely gratifying.

EDIT: I should clarify that when I say Speed Paint, I mean that I painted it in 3-4 hours, not during an actual speed paint event.

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)