Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

Aliens Warrior boxed Set

Not Reaper minis, but with the upcoming Alien Covenant movie I thought these would be appropriate.

Long out of production 25mm Miniatures 20300, Alien Warrior Boxed Set #1. They were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi in the early 90's for Leading Edge Games.

I went with three diffrent color just for a change. I added acid saliva in the mouth of one of them and a big wound on another one.

58ba19f34f41d_Aliens01.jpg.fff5cb2dffef682b09f5918e6281924d.jpg

58ba19f42b819_Aliens02.jpg.23c23357be0b24b4171708499a3e3aed.jpg

58ba1a851ad0d_Aliens04.jpg.e6a65196693da79fc1d36c0528572fdf.jpg

58ba1a85bc94d_Aliens07.jpg.9250c09bd3baea9a2fe055634501bd33.jpg

58ba1a865ece5_Aliens11.jpg.3efb3fc201cf9db6ef0cd84c29b40531.jpg

58ba1a878d2f1_Aliens15.jpg.e11a49bf7c47fa84e70c10038cbc7b9f.jpg

58ba1a882a462_Aliens19.jpg.a462ad72536d49aa11327b422fe4a998.jpg

58ba1a88ba078_Aliens20.jpg.554c1b5a0fe5283107d32c5e9b6d0e21.jpg

58ba1a8980c03_Aliens25.jpg.5ce2979f1c09ff43c1aaa42c82335d28.jpg

• Like 19

Neato!

I remember seeing these boxed sets way back when.

I wish I'd bought them then. Finding decent Aliens figures now is a pain.

• Like 1

Nice touch to use different colours.

I like the saliva/acid wound.

• Like 1

I heartily approve of these cheerful dancing xenomorphs. 

Colonial marines invading? Challenge them to a dance off. 

Got a gaping neck wound? Not a problem, just dance your cares away. 

• Like 5

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate. For some of you who may be wondering, green and red Aliens were featured in Aliens Genocide, a four-issue limited series published by Dark Horse Comics. The story was also adapted into the novel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buglips*the*goblin
      Want more WIP threads like this one?  Check these out!
      01614 Con Crud 

Hello again, friends and neighbours! 

Several years ago, after the Bones I kickstarter, I made a thread to help people who had just signed up for a ridiculous amount of Bones minis get used to painting and encourage them to just jump right on in!  This thread was even more successful than I thought and, much to my astonishment, brings new people to our hobby even today.  I thought it was time for a fresh update that might be just as helpful, and maybe give us something to point new people to when they first decide to pick up a brush and become One of Us.

Often when new people come by and have no idea where to start, the first general question is: what are your aims and requirements?  This basically breaks down to: do you need pieces done for a game, or do you want to paint just to paint?  The idea behind this WIP is to give us something to show people the difference in practice.  So with the able assistance of Guindyloo, I will be painting Thanis in my usual fast-but-decent method and she will show us how nice things can be when you spend some time on them. 

There are, of course, many ways to paint a mini so this thread is just an example of our present working methods and by no means serve as the only way to do it, or the final word on the matter.  Those of you just joining our hobby may have your own ideas about how to do things, and by all means you should use your own best judgment!  All we do here is just give you some things to think about.

So on to the mini you came in here to see, and I hope this thread proves useful! 

Here's my Thanis, fresh from her blister pack:

• By Guindyloo
      This little lady has been kicking around my desk for a while. She’s a really fun little figure and I’d been putting paint on her here and there and I finished her up tonight. 

• By 72moonglum
      So it's been forever and a day since I've painted a Reaper figure, and I've never painted a Chibiesque mini before.  On Facebook though, my wife saw a painted version of this delightful little big headed mummy and told me how much she liked the figure so that got me to hunt it down and paint it for her.  It was nice because being a face and rags, it really didn't take too long to do, I think from beginning of painting to end, not including the base was probably five hours.  I went more green on his face than the greys I've seen in most of his renditions just for something a little bit different and I didn't want to make his bandages too, too dirty, so tried to still leave them with a linen or cream color.  Anyhoos,  here he is, enjoy!

• By Chris Palmer
      Ok, just came across this bizarre trailer on Youtube of  Russian Fantasy Movie produced by Disney.  I think it's a real thing, at least according to this Hollywood reporter article:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-russia-local-language-movies-885954

Anyway if you want to see Baba Yaga in her flying mortar, plus a great shot of her hut running, check it out... 

• By korimar
      Townsfolk of Dreadmere: Mercenaries 03793 by Bob Ridolfi

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)