Doublesix66

Destroyed Cav's terrain (Image Heavy)

Hello All,

Newbie here I though Id share a project that I've been working on to use when we play Talon Games Combat assault vehicle (CAV) when being shown the game I wasn't sure about lying the metal figures on there side to show they are destroyed or just removing them from the table I wanted something to represent them on the table as obstacles for troops and vehicles.

So here it is as it stands

4_ruined cav 1

I took a metal unmade Cav  and positioned it on some putty added a few rocks and used the Oamaru to made a mould

after moulding I painted it up (not finished yet) but you get the idea

4_ruined cav 2

4_ruined cav 3

Edited by Doublesix66
Updated pictures from photo bucket to flickr
  • Like 21

This is a second one I did this time a dictator again painting not finished but look reasonable

4_ruined cav 4

4_ruined cav 10

4_ruined cav 11

4_ruined cav 5

4_ruined cav 64_ruined cav 7

3rd one being done this time a different pose also making the gun separate to add to the finished base

4_ruined cav 8

4_ruined cav 9

Edited by Doublesix66
updated pictures from photo bucket to flickr
  • Like 16

Very cool terrain pieces!

For wrecks that have been laying there longer you can also add more rust colours.

CAV Bones will make this a cheaper way to do this.

• Like 2

Given the way you're doing this, it looks like you aren't actually consigning metal minis to a permanent use as wreck markers, right? You're just embedding them in clay for the molding process? After you've made a cast of it, I would recommend doing more than just removing bits. Add some holes or other noticeable battle damage. Blasted out pilot canopies would be a good one.

• Like 6

Disclaimer : No Cavs were harmed in the making of these tokens :blink:

2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Given the way you're doing this, it looks like you aren't actually consigning metal minis to a permanent use as wreck markers, right? You're just embedding them in clay for the molding process? After you've made a cast of it, I would recommend doing more than just removing bits. Add some holes or other noticeable battle damage. Blasted out pilot canopies would be a good one.

Hi David yep I have added a bit of Damage bullet holes to them but maybe a bit more substantial holes need to be added ::D:

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Very cool terrain pieces!

For wrecks that have been laying there longer you can also add more rust colours.

CAV Bones will make this a cheaper way to do this.

nice idea i have made these as current battle casualties but a few overgrown ones would be nice just to litter the battlefield 

• Like 5

Just now, Doublesix66 said:

Disclaimer : No Cavs were harmed in the making of these tokens :blink:

Hi David yep I have added a bit of Damage bullet holes to them but maybe a bit more substantial holes need to be added ::D:

nice idea i have made these as current battle casualties but a few overgrown ones would be nice just to litter the battlefield 

Definitely add more damage! Scorch marks especially. Anything that does enough damage to blow of arms/legs of a CAV is gonna leave more viable damage to both the CAV and the landscape.

Maybe toss in a few bits of broken trees or building ruins too?

• Like 5

Updated photos from Photobucket to flickr, I'll post some more with finished  painted figures soon will add a few things as crowley said broken bits will also do a couple really broken up... Also handy for trying out a couple of test paint schemes for new forces :poke:

Edited by Doublesix66
  • Like 2

Brilliant use of Instant Mold!  :D  The warping and distortion caused by Instant Mold is just fine for wreckage because ... it's WRECKED!  :D  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

Brilliant use of Instant Mold!  :D  The warping and distortion caused by Instant Mold is just fine for wreckage because ... it's WRECKED!  :D  

Exactly well thats my excuse anyhow ::D:

• Like 2