Good thing that's a cheap cloak option!  *** choke ***

I need to get back to finding a long red pattered scarf / belt and a black period leather belt.  I can fake the rest of it.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Good thing that's a cheap cloak option!  *** choke ***

I need to get back to finding a long red pattered scarf / belt and a black period leather belt.  I can fake the rest of it.  

Well, I'm sure you could do something similar with something faux.

• Like 3

Probably.  It's still a good option.  Actually, I have a rabbit fur that would be fun to add to some leather armor when I get it.  But not for this ReaperCon... it has a different purpose this time around.  But more on that later...

Besides... I'm not wearing a Cloak in Texas except maybe in February.

• Like 5

Okay jumping into this late... 

I've been a fire elemental for Halloween. No one really understood that one. 

Was a D&D accurate sorceress once, with the weaponry associated, reagent pouch, etc. 

I have a set of clothing in my closet that are normal wear items, but if I put them together and add a costume sword, I become a rad pirate. 

I've been Cyradis (the character from The Mallorean by David Eddings). I sewed the costume myself as my first project. It used 12 yards of fabric and still didn't have sleeves - the skirt's circumference was 15 ft and could spin out to a full circle around my waist. And I made a blindfold for it - that was awkward. 

I've been Zombie Barbie for the Denver Zombie Crawl and performing Thriller on Pearl St. 

To be The Zombie Queen I got all zombied up on a normal school day and hung my yanked out wisdom teeth from my bandana. I creeped out a lot of people with that. 

From Repo! The Genetic Opera - I was the bad guy's bodyguard. Blue lips, short satin shorts, fishnets, white turtleneck, black blazer. Was fun. 

My boyfriend and I cosplay as Jaime and Cersei from Game of Thrones. I made the costumes with help of his mom before there were patterns copying stuff from the show, so it isn't show-accurate. Still very recognizable, especially together. We like creeping people out. So someday I'll remake these costumes to be show-accurate. I also want to make a Star Wars/Cersei costume (her black dress, red wine, red light saber, vader mask). Boyfriend and I have a running list of creepy couples costumes to make, including Ed & Al from Full Metal Alchemist (I'd be Ed). 

Was a Level 50 Mage from WoW once - with the Black Mageweave tailored cloth look. 

And my new favorite for Denver Comic Con... The Questgiver. Boyfriend's mom tried to make me an elegant dress and it turned into a fairy princess dress. So she added LED light strings into the skirt, more floofy rainbow stuff, and a pink mask. I made a bright yellow ! and got it situated over my head. And I printed "congratulations, you completed a quest! +100exp!" tokens to give out. I would make up silly quests when people approached me, reward them with a token and some candy. It was AWESOME. Got one guy to sing an epic norse saga (his choice of song). Definitely doing that again sometime. 

• Like 7

Questgiver would be a big hit at ReaperCon... especially someone inside Reaper... except that would tie them down with quest bringers all day long... ok, so maybe one of our attentive Moderators would fit the bill.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Grayfax said:

Questgiver would be a big hit at ReaperCon... especially someone inside Reaper... except that would tie them down with quest bringers all day long... ok, so maybe one of our attentive Moderators would fit the bill.

If I was going to ReaperCon, I would LOVE to be the Questgiver there. I'd bring extra candy and tokens for it. Alas, I won't be making it. 

If someone wants to be The Questgiver, I highly recommend it for fun. And you can wear just about whatever, as long as you have the big yellow ! over your head. I recommend attaching yours to your head better than I did the first day. Wires on head with no padding. Ick. The cotton-balls helped a ton. 

• Like 4

Got part of the my costume in the mail the other day. It'll be going back in the mail tomorrow. It was cheaply made & i didn't feel like keeping it. I guess Take 2 on this part!

• Like 3

On 8/10/2017 at 0:45 AM, haldir said:

Got part of the my costume in the mail the other day. It'll be going back in the mail tomorrow. It was cheaply made & i didn't feel like keeping it. I guess Take 2 on this part!

WE WANT THE FLYING SQUIRREL!!!!

• Like 2

Yeah, probably just gonna recycle my Pokémon Halloween costume from last year. Sans weapons of course.

halloween.jpg

Here's a better pic of the patch on my hat.

safari.png

Edited by Valthorn_Illian
Pic added.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, knarthex said:

Is that an air soft???

The rifle is. Which makes it even funnier that my usual safety obsession meant that I never put a mag in all day without realizing it.

Edited by Valthorn_Illian
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

The rifle is. Which makes it even funnier that my usual safety obsession meant that I never put a mag in all day without realizing it.

Whilst watching Avengers with the kids tonight, I explained that Captain America's armor in the comics was Chainmail...

When I was asked what that is, it was fun to pause and he movie so that I could get my suit for them to try on...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, knarthex said:

Whilst watching Avengers with the kids tonight, I explained that Captain America's armor in the comics was Chainmail...

When I was asked what that is, it was fun to pause and he movie so that I could get my suit for them to try on...

Gotta start 'em young on the fantasy drip.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 5:43 AM, Cranky Dog said:

Full body vegan leather trench coats don't breath easy.

What sort of artificial abomination is "Vegan Leather"?

On 3/6/2017 at 6:00 AM, Pingo said:

Boy, don't they ever.  One great thing about real leather, it breathes.

And, buying real leather (**counterintuitively) saves a tiny few cows.

(**If a cattle processing plant were to find they couldn't sell the hides because the Vegans had convinced enough people to cease buying leather goods... The only practical way to make their profit projections is: kill more cows to sell more beef.)

Wear leather.. :upside: ..save a cow.