45 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Dark Horse
The new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is now available for PUBLIC BETA TESTING at the url included below. As of this moment there are still model images that need to be completed and uploaded, but the tool should produce any roster that the older tool could do with a few enhancements.
1) The builder page (and all other pages) may be zoomed in your browser without destroying the page layout.
2) The Database now includes all available models and equipment for each faction, including the expansion armies and beta factions Razig and Halflings.
3) A Roster Name may be added for every army build.
4) Troop names can be used for each troop section (or you can leave empty for the default).
5) Game Points have been added and are optional unless you choose to use a Battle Totem. (Battle Totems appear on the roster with a strikethru if no GPV was added during the build.)
6) Number of Troops per Row can be configured for the output. (The default of 4 is odd given 9 total troops but fills the page better.)
7) Faction Doctrines have been added along with a display of each doctrine in the datacard window using the datacard format.
8) Models and Equipment within any given troop may be re-ordered within that troop via drag-n-drop with your mouse (does not work with touch devices).
9) A "mini" instructions block was added as a footer to the troop build area/column.
10) Army Creator 2.0.1 can be "skinned" with a color theme - though the ability for the user to change the color theme has not been implemented, maybe in a future update.
The Roster Output (Printout) now contains the following additions/enhancements:
1) Roster Name (optional - faction name is used if no roster name is supplied).
2) The full Faction Doctrine (if selected) is included as a section on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster.
3) A Warlord Benefits section (if a warlord is in the army) is included on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster and after the Doctrine section (if it exists).
4) Innate Spells are now included on the 1st Roster Page after the Warlord Benefits (if any models have innate spells).
5) Special Abilities summary for all models in the army are now more clearly broken down by ability class.
6) The Battle Totem is included in the equipment list of the output.
7) Equipment items are italicized in the roster to more easily distinguish them from the actual models.
8) Spellbooks are now essentially a one page reference for spellcasters by providing all of the stats and spells in one place for each caster.
The Support Site currently provides:
1) A datacard spreadsheet with a quick-overview of model stats.
2) All current official errata for Warlord 2nd Edition.
3) Reference Pages for gameplay, such as Model States, Magic Tomes & Spells (independent of spellcasters), and Special Abilities, with more game reference material to come. (Note: You will ALWAYS need at least one of the books to play the game.)
The Support Site will eventually contain a tournament support tool, campaigns, scenarios, free downloads and other useful information to help you recruit new players and just plain have more fun!
And the current home of the new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is: http://warlord.miniaturegameworks.com
Please report any data discrepancies or functional issues to my inbox in the reapermini forum - thanks!
Also, we should probably extend a Thank You to the folks at Reaper for granting permission to use all of the data and materials necessary to build this tool.
My latest. I base coated with Army Painter matte black then dry brushed with Citadel Astorath Red. A wash of Citadel Carroburg Crimson to finish off the red. I then trimmed with AP gold. The base was just some simple Citadel texture paint.
kinda turned out pretty Khorne-ish.
Let me me know what you think.
This is the mini that I painted for Fanguad for the Spring Exchange. Got it out late due to life interfering and had to be satisfied with a more simple paint job then originally planned. Please excuse the photo quality, I had no time to get everything out to take proper ones.
Thought I would Try my hand at something different. My dad ordered the Band of Brothers learn to play bolt action set, Knowing him it would never get built or painted so I took it apon myself to expand my painting portfolio and get some amazing historical miniatures under my belt. The plan was to shoot for right around tabletop standard and once I do a little more weathering and get the decals on I'm going to call that my tabletop +. As always feed back is both appreciated and encouraged. If you see something you like feel free to ask how I did it, I'm usually good at getting back to people. If you liked this and would like to see more work like it please feel free to follow me here or on my Facebook page facebook.com/TabletopGlory
Who's Online 43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Doug Sundseth
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Xiwo Xerase
- Froggy the Great
- Arc 724