18 posts in this topic

I decided to start painting up minis for my various PCs

-An unidentified Grenadier Halfling fighter (chain & shield) as Lvl 7 Rogue, Magnus Perrywhimple (soon to be con only)

-Mystic Theurge as Lvl 1 Monk/ Lvl 1 Rogue Stede Blackthumb (Acolyte of Candlekeep),  on an acquisition mission to atone for learning and copying ritual magic without permission

-Juliette, as Lvl 1 Half Drow Sorceress, Grz'zilda (the Ghastly Gourmet) who was rescued from Hillsfar and while hiding her heritage is now adventuring.

I've done a few passes at a few things. But not full base coats yet. Photos later.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Stede wears robes that are a base of Creamy Ivory, and his pouch and shoes are made of Snakebite Leather.

tmp_29139-IMAG1972_12025565800.thumb.jpg.abfb81e398c3ad2d519ed75f282104cc.jpgtmp_29139-IMAG1973_1-2107435671.thumb.jpg.071010ca3df0b7813255db933e0c54e6.jpg

Magnus carries a steel shortsword, steel chain, and a steel shield, because he's a professional adventurer, don'tcha know?

tmp_29139-IMAG1974_12115152523.jpg.cc0c8595584cf2d9888de70f4e8ec371.jpgtmp_29139-IMAG1975_1960517865.jpg.12536e17e674c3b4e1fa8a671f59c72f.jpg

Juliette's robe is a lovely mix of Breonne Blue and Spectral Glow. Her skin is a shade of Dark Elf Shadow with a layer of Tanned Skin makeup. Her shoes and pouch are also Snakebite Leather.

tmp_29139-IMAG1976_1118523215.thumb.jpg.3a41c572af16b8f3324a265dc895b539.jpgtmp_29139-IMAG1977_1409430543.thumb.jpg.a1b79b2eb988a8f9e490d1b1d6fb3301.jpg

All are lined with Brown Liner.

Edited by lexomatic
Added photos
7 people like this

I read the title and wondered why you would want several Personal Computers during Spring...

Your version is of course better!

Looking forward to see the painted party.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I read the title and wondered why you would want several Personal Computers during Spring...

Your version is of course better!

Looking forward to see the painted party.

Can you really have too many PCs? I mean you get one for work, one for home, one for gaming . . . :P

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Brown leather pants to come for Magnus. Skin & metal highlights too.

tmp_23637-IMAG1983_1-887413713.jpg.4e63d32b8a03f9c389c4b831e33ecde3.jpgtmp_23637-IMAG1982_11011388098.jpg.c7a5a7059d358f1c99d2d72f071317c2.jpg

Shading not too visible for Grz'zilda's clothes. How do I fix her half-drow skin?  Palomino gold girdle? Hair is dark brown with a lock of white.

tmp_23637-IMAG1984_12137844824.jpg.22a786a58fb47a382befaa10b8176c97.jpgtmp_23637-IMAG1985_1513600934.jpg.deaebd8334461adbc9015baf7ff80094.jpg

Stede has a lot of junk I'm going to try and ignore. My linen recipe is not showing any of the highlights up to linen white. I hope the shadows next do the trick. Anybody know what that hafted weapon on his belt is?

tmp_23637-IMAG1986_11655825180.thumb.jpg.c10f10a754f3a04fd3edc4bbf0fc3de4.jpgtmp_23637-IMAG1987_1147612719.thumb.jpg.0b4140b4144c944f27cc11b615f3e455.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
8 people like this

Magnus has been identified as Grenadier FP823 (Halfling Scout), though the base lists PF23. Julie Guthrie sculpt in the Fantasy Personality line.

More info here.

1 person likes this

Cool party. What do you think needs fixing for the half drows skin? It could use some deeper shadows and higher highlights but over all, I like the tone. It looks nice with that pretty blue. Palomino gold for the girdle would look nice. For the white on Stede, glaze some of that palamino gold into the shadows and reclaim your highlights. I can't find the tutorial I always reference when doing white...I'll share when I find it. It's a great tutorial. 

1 person likes this

Stede is wearing linen, so I wasn't planning on it being super bleached. I still haven't done the shade from my usual, which is bone. I may try the palomino mixed in- I have done that before.

I feel like Juliette's legs don't have much definition, so highlighting them realistically  will be weird. I did find a version in show off that I can copy. I'm going to do a wash next then build up... see what kinda shadow needs reclaiming. Things got s bit slopped on when my dollar store go to brush finally died. Just won't repoint.

I see, I hate when detail is soft on minis. So frustrating. I suggest giving them a wash like you planned. See what happens. get yourself a new brush. You deserve it. :poke:

I have plenty of brushes. I pulled one of the good ones off the shelf because I'm going to have to do eyes soon. It's weird that the equivalent to #3+ cheap brush held out longer than all but my best quality brushes. Better point, better snap, bigger belly. Of course, if I was having a bad day with brush control... guaranteed tabletop, but whatever. Mostly I paint for stress relief and to try one new thing.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Paint done this morning.

Magnus is mostly done. I need to fix his base, touch up his skin and face. I'm not sure about eyes, they're about half normally too small.

Everybody has hair now too, and got a flesh wash. Stede's robes look a bit better - not sure how stuff will show up in photo.

No pics because I'm doing more later.

Edited by lexomatic
2 people like this

I went to see Get Out with the wife, and stuff won't be ready for tomorrow and Con use so... Maybe I'll a get a bit more done and post some pics in the afternoon.

1 person likes this

Where I left off

tmp_14854-IMAG1990_1-946288419.jpg

tmp_14854-IMAG1991_11011388098.jpg

tmp_14854-IMAG1992_1-887413713.jpg

tmp_14854-IMAG1993_12137844824.jpg

tmp_14854-IMAG1994_1513600934.jpg

tmp_14854-IMAG1995_11655825180.jpg

5 people like this

Nice!

1 person likes this

A little bit of work tonight - pics in the morning.

Fixing the weird dirty bits on Stede, doing some more basic coverage (Stede's cudgel and book, Grz'zilda's scroll case and component pouch, and other stuff), highlighting hair, attempting eyes. Magnus is basically done now. I just need to finish up his base.

2 pair of eyes worked out as minor level ups, one pair looks like googly-eyes.

I still don't know what that thing is on Stede's belt... a cudgel? I don't care. I'm painting it metal.