Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NomadZeke

March and April RPChallenge!

12 posts in this topic

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

March and April 2017

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
Given that (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) spring starts in this time frame - Modify (if necesseary) and Paint a figure (doesn't matter what) in a jumping/springing pose

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
April 22nd is National Jelly bean day. Paint a mini in tribute to your favorite flavor jellybean (bonus* points if you choose tutti fruttti)
*The game is made up and the points don't matter.

Hard Mode Challenge!
"Disrupted" Light source (from any direction but above.) Paint any mini you choose in any scheme you choose, but the lighting must come from the sides or below, as if it was filtering through some other opaque object to disrupt the lighting. Ex: The character is standing close to a chainlink fence, so it casts a 'shadow grid' on them, or perhaps through an old window with thick beams so the there's a large + shaped shadow being cast on them.  Again please refer questions to the main thread.

Not like there's ANY chance for something on April 1st...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Posted (edited)

thought I put in a placeholder????

:huh:

Migration time....

From February, / and new stuff....

Currently working on:

1. 3d Printed 15mm Bridge (no WiP yet)
  2. Homer Simpson Statue for Frostgrave WiP
  3. Burger King Pyramid For Frostgrave Wip
  4. Reaper Treasure Hoard 1 (02313) WiP
  5. 4 BattleFront M1 Abrams Tanks  WiP
  6. Reaper minis 77381 Nathavarr from DDS 2  WiP
  7. Reaper Goblin Shaman (02876) Hangout mini of March Wip
  8. Reaper Goblin Leader (02876) Hangout mini April WiP
  9. Oathsworn Circle and Stele WiP
  10. Buglips *the* Xvart Reaper 02481 WiP

Finished list!

1. Reaper Goblin Shaman (02876) Hangout mini of March Show Off
  2. 4 BattleFront M1 Abrams Tanks  WiP  (Task Force Show Off)
  3. Homer Simpson Statue for Frostgrave Show Off
  4. Reaper Treasure Hoard 1 (02313) Show off
  5. Oathsworn Circle and Stele Show Off

Like I really needed more stuff to do.... :blink: 

I am going to consider each vehicle, and each base of Infantry as 1 28mm mini....

.(After all 27x15= 405, 405mm/28mm=14.4, so I think that's fair!)

What is the Circle worth???

Edited by knarthex
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

March started slow   ...  first 2 were both stared in Feb, and finished over the first 3 weeks. 

it wasn't until paint day on the 3rd Saturday that I started moving forward again. 

1 Sir Conlan  for reaper FB group painting contest 
2 beastman with axe

3-4 more beastmen

5. Scaven - Stormchaser 

6-7. spring exchange minis

8-10 WizKids kobolds

11-12 WizKids griffon

13. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74288-dragoth-off-my-shelf-of-shame/

Bonus:

Spring over a log:  Mi-Sher  (NOPE) 

X+1 Wyrmgear . (in box) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

March/April Goal: 9

#1-2: 14132: Yagun Oog, Revan Mage  2017 Spring Exchange (Complete.  Show Off to be revealed after delivery)

#3: Talisman 4th Edition Thief

#4: Talisman 4th Edition Monk

#5: Talisman 4th Edition Elf

#6: Talisman 4th Edition Warrior

#7-8: Ral Partha Crucible Ogre w/ Ballista

#9: Reaper Bones 77209: Arran Rabin

#10: Reaper Bones 77224: Rogan, Half-Orc Rogue

Bonus:

The First

#11: Mantic Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarf Gargoyles

Current Cycle: 11

2017 YTD:  24 / 52

Edited by hdclearman
1 person likes this

Let's play a game, shall we?

Can you paint a mini in the dark? It's a simple premise really, set up your pallet and workspace like normal, but before you put brush to paint and paint to mini - lights out. If you can barely see your hand in front of your face? Probably a tad too bright in there. It can be done, just not easily.

2 people like this

On 4/1/2017 at 4:27 PM, NomadZeke said:

Can you paint a mini in the dark? It's a simple premise really, set up your pallet and workspace like normal, but before you put brush to paint and paint to mini - lights out. If you can barely see your hand in front of your face? Probably a tad too bright in there. It can be done, just not easily.

Invisible Stalker.  Painted in the dark!  ::D:

Spoiler

IMG_20170402_225342.thumb.jpg.172da5fe0540d6766f07a522023ccf10.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

nothing to see here.

Edited by Chaoswolf