Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NomadZeke

March and April RPChallenge!

6 posts in this topic

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72577-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2017-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Due to the revised format, there will be more than one bonus challenge available for this month. Including a "Hard mode" which Is some combination that may or may not have a source behind it.

March and April 2017

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
Given that (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) spring starts in this time frame - Modify (if necesseary) and Paint a figure (doesn't matter what) in a jumping/springing pose

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
April 22nd is National Jelly bean day. Paint a mini in tribute to your favorite flavor jellybean (bonus* points if you choose tutti fruttti)
*The game is made up and the points don't matter.

Hard Mode Challenge!
"Disrupted" Light source (from any direction but above.) Paint any mini you choose in any scheme you choose, but the lighting must come from the sides or below, as if it was filtering through some other opaque object to disrupt the lighting. Ex: The character is standing close to a chainlink fence, so it casts a 'shadow grid' on them, or perhaps through an old window with thick beams so the there's a large + shaped shadow being cast on them.  Again please refer questions to the main thread.

Not like there's ANY chance for something on April 1st...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

All my painting seems to be in spurts these days

March target: 31

April target: 30

1 Bonus #1 (Jumping): Mantic; Ronnie the Bard

1 Reaper Bones 77330 Derro Leader

5 Mantic Dungeon Sage Infernal Crypts Tortured Souls

1 Mantic DreadBall season 6 Crystallan MVP Crypt aka Ben "The Thing" Grimm

10 Mantic DreadBall season 6 Crystallan Team

1 Mantic Mars Attacks! Flaming Cattle 

1 GW Hobbit Great Goblin of the Misty Mountains

1 Harlequin Minotaur

Painted so far this month: 21 / 31

Edited by Maledrakh
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

thought I put in a placeholder????

:huh:

Migration time....

From February, / and new stuff....

Currently working on:

1. 3d Printed 15mm Bridge (no WiP yet)
  2. Homer Simpson Statue for Frostgrave WiP
  3. Burger King Pyramid For Frostgrave Wip
  4. Reaper Treasure Hoard 1 (02313) WiP
  5. 4 BattleFront M1 Abrams Tanks  WiP
  6. Reaper minis 77381 Nathavarr from DDS 2  WiP
  7. Reaper Goblin Shaman (02876) Hangout mini of March Wip

Finished list!

1. Reaper Goblin Shaman (02876) Hangout mini of March Show Off
  2. 4 BattleFront M1 Abrams Tanks  WiP  (Task Force Show Off)
  3. Homer Simpson Statue for Frostgrave Show Off

Like I really needed more stuff to do.... :blink: 

I am going to consider each vehicle, and each base of Infantry as 1 28mm mini....

.(After all 27x15= 405, 405mm/28mm=14.4, so I think that's fair!)

Edited by knarthex
2 people like this

March has been a slow start for me ...  top 2 were both stared for last month.

it wasn't until paint day on the 3rd Saturday that I started moving forward again. 

1 Sir Conlan  for reaper FB group painting contest 
2 beastman with axe

3-4 more beastmen 

5. Scaven - Stormchaser 

X. spring exchange minis 

X+1 Wyrmgear . 

Edited by Evilhalfling
1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So this pre cut, MDF outhouse came to me through the Box of Goodwill, Euro / UK edition....
      Didn't feel much like hobbying last night, but when a couple folks joined me on the hangout, I thought I needed to do something, and my eyes fell on this....

And here is the lovely Astrid the Chronicler, much relieved.....

I still don't have a painted Sir Forescale...

Thanks for looking!
    • By knarthex
      The project that my friend asked me to paint in January 2016 is now done!
      (I actually started the week after Reapercon 2016....)
      WiP

Pics of the Full Force (Less the 2 Cobras, that I forgot to include!)

They are sitting on a special tray that my friend gave me for my birthday at Historicon, 2013. He has one just like it....
      (The patch is one that I actually wore as a tanker in Germany from May 1984 to may 1986....)

Situation: August 1st, 1985
      "We interrupt this program for a special announcement. Unconfirmed reports from Brussels, headquarters of NATO, state that the NATO nations have ordered their armed forces to mobilize and commence deployment to their wartime positions."

2 days prior, we see the small German hamlet of Sinntal, all is very quiet on the pre dawn of a Wednesday morning...
      Nothing seems out of place....

(This is a 6' by 4' terrain table that I set up to take pics for this show off. These are all piece from my WW II collection, as I have not purchased any of the new 'modern' buildings....)

0400 hrs 4 August 1985
      Task Force 'Meatball' C Co, 1-33 Armor, 3rd US 'Spearhead' Armored Division, Captain Calvin 'Meatball' Albondega, commanding, has occupied it's wartime deployment fighting positions....

The HQ Platoon, consisting of C66 and C65, has co located with 2nd platoon, C Company, 1-48th Infantry. This platoon was exchanged for C co 2nd plt, in the normal Army doctrine of combined arms.

1st plt has deployed to the left, 3rd plt to the right.

(The company was finishing up transition training from the M60A3 tank to the new M1 Abrams tank at Grafenwoehr / Hohenfels training areas, where 1st platoon was the only platoon to have the chance to finish painting their tanks from the base color that they came from the factory in...)

The Battalion mortar platoon has occupied its position in the rear are of the task force. With it's M577 Fire Direction Center. The objective at the back of the church.

With a forward observer in the bell tower of the town church, his M113 waits at the base of the tower for when they need to displace...

A plt of PIVAD air defense 'tracks' happens to be in the are, swapping 'pogey bait' and parts (Pogey bait is food the troops buy and bring to the field on their own nickel. Poptarts were always a good seller!)
      (The 4 Gatling gun equipped 'tracks behind the the 3 platoons)

A pair of Cobra Tank killer tank hunters is also transiting the area when the hammer falls....

Some pics of what the Soviet Forces would see....
      (wish the door mat that the fields  are made from had settled down....)

(I placed the camera on the table to give a 'mini's eye view')

And here they are all packed up for shipment to Charlotte, NC to my friend....

Thanks to all those folks that followed along in the wip to give encouragement!
      TC Complete!
    • By Evilhalfling
      painted in 2 days. 
      this guy was fun, a refreshing low stress paint job. I primed 3 other beastmen but this guy got all the love. 

• By knarthex
      So I added some MSP Sparkling Snow to the 'sprinkles', and am calling this done!

The Ivy is to stiff to really mess with, so I am leaving it alone....

WiP here

Thanks to those that followed along and commented!
    • By knarthex
      So, tonight the base got tufts and snow effect, and aside from the need to cover the specks of snow on the black rim of the base, I am calling him done!

He was lots of fun, and I am finding myself eager to paint more Xvarts!

Thanks for following the WiP!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)