Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

World of Jean-Baptiste Monge (54mm)

Link to Live Kickstarter:

Don't know anything about this one other than what's pictured but it looks like something that would be a fun thing to paint despite its large scale.

image.jpeg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

I recognize some of the minis pictured in the blog from previous projects or just from around the interwebz but I'm not sure of their relationship to this particular project. I have a hard time hilighting the French text for translation on my mobile.

The Goblin superheroes and that large giantish ogrish creature with the rider on that platform he's carrying on his shoulders in particular are minis I've seen before.

Edited by Darsc Zacal

The blog post doesn't give any details about just what exactly they'll be offering in the KS (it's basically just the creator gushing about the folks he's inspired by and the people working on the project), but the artist's work does look really damn cool...

It's too bad I'm broke, cuz I'm pretty sure that I'd want at least something from this one...

ob_d06860_16730319-1191900784251273-6499

• Like 2

Oh my.

Lookit the wee little cricket on top of the doggies bowler.

And look! The doggies wearing a bowler. And a bell.

That goblin has so much character with his pocket flask and hat.

Look at that face!

Oh my!

The minis remind me of those from the Moonstone Fantasy Kickstarter from Goblin King Games that ran not so long ago.

I ended up backing that for a few minis, if these aren't totally out of my price range I'm going to be really tempted. Regardless of the scale.

• Like 2

Patrick Masson
Follow · 16 hrs · 

View on Instagram
Here is "The Keykeeper" sculpted for the upcoming kickstarter campaign of Blacksmith Miniatures, based on the work of Jean-Baptiste Monge.
37mm to top of the head. 
So great to work on such an iconic character. Hope you like the result. 

17159079_10210698638454437_7804463837521

• Like 5

Very nice sculpts from the look of it.

Good Fairytale Vibe!

Might be interesting.

• Like 1

Live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/444942847/blacksmith-miniatures-world-of-jean-baptiste-monge?ref=category_newest

About this project

c509a7b2c3ab985805d2ae94553ee586_origina

About Jean-Baptiste MONGE  

French illustrator, author, and painter since 1994, Jean-Baptiste Monge created his own universe across illustrated books, such as "Celtic Faeries." Now, he lives in Montréal (Canada) and works as a Character Designer and Visual Development Artist for CG Animations and Movies. Jean-Baptiste Monge is also a member of the Society of Illustrators (NY).

Customers: Entertainment: Walt Disney Imagineering, Sony Pictures Animation, Scarab Productions, The Zanuck Company, Sagatoon, Blue Bug Entertainment, Digital Domain, Digital District Montreal, Quad, Cinesite, Sagatoon Quebec, ... Video Games: Blizzard Entertainment, Spiders Publishing: Goblin's WAY (my own publishing Company), 3D Total Publishing, ImagineFX, Trinquètte Publishing, Insight Editions, Au Bord des Continents, Le Lombard, Daniel Maghen, Le Figaro Magasine, Elegy, Fleurus Presse, Milan Jeunesse, Vents D'ouest...  

About Blacksmith Miniatures

256eb31945639dedb0e33f9bf0e43818_origina

We are a miniature company based in Lyon (France).

We imagine and create high-quality resin miniatures from our original fantasy medieval universe.

With a solid experience of 5 years in the miniatures business with more than 20 different models marketed, our company relies on a dynamic team of demanding enthusiasts.

Quality and creativity are our main priorities.

Meeting and our project 

We have been fans of Jean-Baptiste's art since the very beginning, and we have been lucky enough to work with him for a long time,until one day the project to create together incredible miniatures from his own universe was born.

Now we let you discover the fruit of this teamwork entitled "World of Jean-baptiste MONGE," and we hope you will love it and contribute!

Why a kickstarter?

First of all because we are a small structure, but with both a valuable experience and a good professional reputation.

Indeed, thanks to a collaboration with incredible artists, we were able to advance the cost of sculpture of the miniatures and some pre-prints and now we need you to start and finish the production.

To thank you for your support, you will be able to choose among incredible and advantageous offers for the purchase of these miniatures.

f8ba5924071c4d685bfd073b5172ceed_origina

"World of J-B MONGE" is a collection of 54 mm (1 / 32th) scale miniatures of very high finish with incredible details.

Sculpted in a traditional way, these miniatures are sold unassembled and unpainted.

a5e115c0646543eef32409699e1bcbc1_origina

3fc357923d22086e36a4ae2c15d670e3_origina

f82888b845ea67b072989448f80713a1_origina

e4a88c4be900fadc5541664e137eec42_origina

3ddf4707d245cc893724fb314a17e876_origina

• Like 4

Wondering if i'm going to back or not.. the 3 first minis are awesome (not that much into the fairy).. but with KDM and VA... my wallet is starting to scream...

I may back this. I have been drooling over some of their stuff for a while and being able to add on other minis from their store is very tempting. 

• Like 1

Have it on reminder, these are very unique and cool! Something very different from my normal barbarians ::P: