Reaperbryan

ReaperCon 2017 Classes Preview

Heya folks. We're starting to gear up for ReaperCon (It's only 7 months away!!) and we've gotten our first round of class submissions in from a handful of our artists.

Every couple of weeks we'll add more artists and classes to the schedule, as more are submitted, but we wanted to start everyone thinking about their class schedule, so we're doing something we've never done before - we're releasing a preview of the schedule as a Work-in-Progress, with only about 50 of the over 140 classes we're going to able to offer filled out! In year's past, we've waited until 80% of the schedule was filled out before releasing it, but we're pretty excited and we failed our "be patient" saving throw.

Expect these to be updated at least once a month (early April, and again in Early May) in preparation for classes (and admission) to go on sale in June!

Enough babbling - here's what we've got to tease so far!

https://reapercon.com/classes

• Like 18

Looks good so far! I definitely see some things I want to take.

Though on Friday you have Michael Proctor double booked for Shaded Metalics in two different rooms.

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Looks good so far! I definitely see some things I want to take.

Though on Friday you have Michael Proctor double booked for Shaded Metalics in two different rooms.

Oops. typo. One of those was supposed to be Wet Blending with Lovejoy. It is now fixed.

Thanks for the assist!

20 minutes ago, Corporea said:

It's so much fun to see all the "morning people" snag the AM slots!

Yeah, this kind of shocked me. I had expected more "slot 2" and "slot 3" action. But this is the first 13 artists to reply, so they got priority - everything they requested is what they get. Others who submit now have to work around these!

• Like 6

One almost definite is Crazy Colors with Michael Proctor.

I'm getting three or four, so I have to be choosy. I would like one on basing and one or two on beginning sculpting. Going to wait to see what else is put up.

Though that wet blending with Lovejoy or the portraiture with Jessica Rich...

I fear taking anything with Rhonda Bender as I think we'd get into far too many hijinx, especially if Mori was also in the class. :lol:

Edited by Aryanun
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Aaron Lovejoy     
NNM 101

should this be NMM 101?  Description uses NNM too

Well spotted. We put that in there deliberately to test if you were reading.

• Like 9

Oh good, there's two Bones with Bryan classes; this increases my chances of getting a spot in one. ^_^ I haven't forgotten my promise to Bryan last time I went that I would take his class next time! :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aryanun said:

One almost definite is Crazy Colors with Michael Proctor.

I'm getting three or four, so I have to be choosy. I would like one on basing and one or two on beginning sculpting. Going to wait to see what else is put up.

Though that wet blending with Lovejoy or the portraiture with Jessica Rich...

I fear taking anything with Rhonda Bender as I think we'd get into far too many hijinx, especially if Mori was also in the class. :lol:

Just a heads up that the portraiture class is more expensive than the usual class due to its length and depth of material.

• Like 4

I love morning classes.  That way I get the pre-teaching jitters over early and then relax and enjoy the Con the rest of the day.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Oh good, there's two Bones with Bryan classes; this increases my chances of getting a spot in one. ^_^ I haven't forgotten my promise to Bryan last time I went that I would take his class next time! :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

It took me 3 days to get the Reaper Bones glue off my fingers! It was a complete blast.  My only gripe (a minor one as i still had tons of fun) was that by the time it was Bryan's turn at the tubs, most of the larger pieces were taken and we were kind of left with a lot of repeat pieces and clippings.  Still immense amounts of fun though.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I love morning classes.  That way I get the pre-teaching jitters over early and then relax and enjoy the Con the rest of the day.

You're a great instructor! I had a lot of fun in your tattoos class last year. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

Just a heads up that the portraiture class is more expensive than the usual class due to its length and depth of material.

Not so much worried about that as I am about having time to do other things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hdclearman said:

Already too many choices!!!

QFT

My (hypothetical) schedule is already full.

• Like 4