Reaperbryan

ReaperCon 2017 Classes Preview

281 posts in this topic

... AUGH!

I cannot do everything, and yet I wish to do all the things. o.O

4 people like this

For some reason, the program is turning all commas in our class descriptions into hyphens.  Please investigate and fix....

Thanks,

Derek

3 people like this

You may refer to 10am as "morning person" but I consider that sleeping in. 

4 people like this

More than I am allowed to attend, more than I could possibly assimilate ... but less than I would like to sign up for.

Looks very good this year.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Auberon said:

You may refer to 10am as "morning person" but I consider that sleeping in. 

:) I'd teach earlier if I could!  I like the 10 AM slots since I can get my setup done first thing in the morning and still have plenty of time for breakfast and general relaxation.  I know last year I'd start at 8:30 or 9 with the setup and not feel rushed to be on time. Plus I think better in the morning!

I love the setup and website this year, btw.  kudos to the web coders!

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Corporea said:

:) I'd teach earlier if I could!  I like the 10 AM slots since I can get my setup done first thing in the morning and still have plenty of time for breakfast and general relaxation.  I know last year I'd start at 8:30 or 9 with the setup and not feel rushed to be on time. Plus I think better in the morning!

I love the setup and website this year, btw.  kudos to the web coders!

mmmmm bacon memories.

3 people like this

On 3/10/2017 at 4:11 PM, Reaperbryan said:

Thanks for the assist!

Yeah, this kind of shocked me. I had expected more "slot 2" and "slot 3" action. But this is the first 13 artists to reply, so they got priority - everything they requested is what they get. Others who submit now have to work around these!

It's like a chart that confirms I have way too many morning people among my friends. I'm pretty lonely there over in the right hand timeslots. ;-> 

11 people like this

1 hour ago, Wren said:

It's like a chart that confirms I have way too many morning people among my friends. I'm pretty lonely there over in the right hand timeslots. ;-> 

Morning people are just weird ....

Ten AM isn't 'morning'. Eight AM is 'morning'. Anything before that is an unholy hour not suited to anyone but farmers and farm animals (and anyone who likes to watch the sun come up).

7 people like this

I'm up by 7:30-8 am every day at reapercon regardless of time I go to bed. So I like those "early" classes ::P:

8 people like this

Gotta get that free Bacon!!

5 people like this

14 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Ten AM isn't 'morning'. Eight AM is 'morning'. Anything before that is an unholy hour not suited to anyone but farmers and farm animals (and anyone who likes to watch the sun come up).

QFT. I'm usually up between 6:30 and 7:30am. 20 years in the military will train your body that that is the proper time to be getting up. If I'm still in bed at 8am, that's 'sleeping in', or I'm sick.

13 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I'm up by 7:30-8 am every day at reapercon regardless of time I go to bed. So I like those "early" classes ::P:

Same here.

6 people like this

It's not so much that I can't be up earlier in the morning (although I will avoid that when possible), as that it takes me several hours of being up before I'm fully alert and coherent. So I aim for later slots when teaching to maximize the chance of me being able to string together the correct words in an assemblage that has some hope of making sense. I just had my annual physical, where I was stumped by such questions as name of my allergist, my brain strenuously dislikes mornings. (I live in a top 10 allergy city, I see that guy more often than many of my friends. ;->)

This is also part of the reason my classes have hand-outs. If I'm not at peak coherence in person, you go home with a pile of words that were carefully put together on days past when I was making sense. ;->

15 people like this

I prefer morning classes as well.  For the last 5 or so years, I opened the hobby room at GenCon with my 8 AM Beginner's Toolkit classes on Thursday and Friday.  They always sold out too though after the first year, I learned that attendance dropped way off after Friday.  ::D:

Ron

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I really want to take Rhonda's hair class!!! ::):

Edited by Kuro Cleanbrush
8 people like this