Jump to content
Reaperbryan

ReaperCon 2017 Classes Preview

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kuro Cleanbrush said:

I really want to take Rhonda's hair class!!! ::):

Gonna get a new doo?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hers was the first class I ever took.  It is most definitely worth it!

 

I took a class from Rhonda (on blending) at my first-ever RCon back in 2012, and that may very well be the single most important class I have ever taken!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, do whatever it takes to get into one of   Rhondas' classes; got it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question from the classes showing up so far in the list; the Bobby Jackson/Gene Van Horne Combo on Saturday from 4-6, is that more of a lecture or will there be hands on practice in Zbrush for that set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classes!! Friends!! I'm all aflutter with excitement. ^_^ 

2 minutes ago, Okari said:

Question from the classes showing up so far in the list; the Bobby Jackson/Gene Van Horne Combo on Saturday from 4-6, is that more of a lecture or will there be hands on practice in Zbrush for that set?

 

Last year, it was a lecture with a big TV for us to see, and they took turns showing us different tips and tricks, and gave us plenty of time to write notes down. They make digital sculpting look so easy! ::D: I'm not sure how it will be this year, though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Okari said:

Question from the classes showing up so far in the list; the Bobby Jackson/Gene Van Horne Combo on Saturday from 4-6, is that more of a lecture or will there be hands on practice in Zbrush for that set?

If you have your own laptop, the software, and the appropriate interface devices, I'm sure you can follow along and turn it into a hands on course.

 

We will not be providing 24 computers with licensed software and input devices at a cost of over $2000 per setup for each student.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

If you have your own laptop, the software, and the appropriate interface devices, I'm sure you can follow along and turn it into a hands on course.

 

We will not be providing 24 computers with licensed software and input devices at a cost of over $2000 per setup for each student.

Lol, I didn't think so but I wasn't sure so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should point out also that i checked the class description and it does specify "Demo", not "Hands On" Hands on courses have students replicating the instructions, demo is demonstration only.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reaperbryan said:

I should point out also that i checked the class description and it does specify "Demo", not "Hands On" Hands on courses have students replicating the instructions, demo is demonstration only.

Ah okay, Thank you! That is actually really useful to know. This will be my first Reaper convention and only second convention ever, so I'm still figuring out how to interpret a lot of the information for things.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ok, do whatever it takes to get into one of   Rhondas' classes; got it.

 

That's what I'm hearing.

 

I'm really going to have to focus and nail down my schedule plus alternates before classes go live.

Edited by Aryanun
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and remember, we're all available outside of class for questions a general fun times.  Speaking personally, but I'm pretty certain it translates to everyone, I love helping out; so if you have questions or want a demo of something, come find me (Erin Hartwell) and I will do whatever I can to make things make... er... more sense.  If I'm using my words correctly that is!  Words are hard.  Paint brushes are much easier.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 9:31 AM, Corporea said:

:) I'd teach earlier if I could!  I like the 10 AM slots since I can get my setup done first thing in the morning and still have plenty of time for breakfast and general relaxation.  I know last year I'd start at 8:30 or 9 with the setup and not feel rushed to be on time. Plus I think better in the morning!

 

I love the setup and website this year, btw.  kudos to the web coders!

 

So, 8:00 am instructor car-pool again? :B):

 

 

14 minutes ago, Corporea said:

and remember, we're all available outside of class for questions a general fun times.  Speaking personally, but I'm pretty certain it translates to everyone, I love helping out; so if you have questions or want a demo of something, come find me (Erin Hartwell) and I will do whatever I can to make things make... er... more sense.  If I'm using my words correctly that is!  Words are hard.  Paint brushes are much easier.

 

Yep, me too (Andy Pieper).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Corporea said:

and remember, we're all available outside of class for questions a general fun times.  Speaking personally, but I'm pretty certain it translates to everyone, I love helping out; so if you have questions or want a demo of something, come find me (Erin Hartwell) and I will do whatever I can to make things make... er... more sense.  If I'm using my words correctly that is!  Words are hard.  Paint brushes are much easier.

Hopefully you can spend time in our circle this year :-P 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×