Reaperbryan

ReaperCon 2017 Classes Preview

262 posts in this topic

MrM- yeah!  I've got to get out from behind my desk and be more social this year.  that's one of my goals and I'm hoping getting classes done early will help.

TS- Yay Andy will be my ride!!!  I'll buy you lunch!

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Corporea said:

MrM- yeah!  I've got to get out from behind my desk and be more social this year.  that's one of my goals and I'm hoping getting classes done early will help.

TS- Yay Andy will be my ride!!!  I'll buy you lunch!

I got a great mental picture of Corporea sitting on Talespinners's shoulder as he drives you guys to the event center like....

lotrmyside_0.jpg?itok=1zoA2y-R

12 people like this

15 minutes ago, Mr Melons said:

I got a great mental picture of Corporea sitting on Talespinners's shoulder as he drives you guys to the event center like....

lotrmyside_0.jpg?itok=1zoA2y-R

I don't bring THAT much stuff with me.  She can have a whole seat all to herself.

10 people like this

take us to Isengard!

10 people like this

See I was thinking of a better looking version of Master Blaster...

6 people like this

On 3/11/2017 at 4:46 PM, Sylverthorne said:

Ten AM isn't 'morning'. Eight AM is 'morning'. Anything before that is an unholy hour not suited to anyone but farmers and farm animals (and anyone who likes to watch the sun come up).

Hey now!! :lol: Been working graveyard shift for 23+ years & I'd like to keep that it that way! Just not a people person so it suits me just fine.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Hey now!! :lol: Been working graveyard shift for 23+ years & I'd like to keep that it that way! Just not a people person so it suits me just fine.

Wouldn't that mean that your six AM is my nine or ten PM, though?

Relative to what the clock says, I mean. ^^;

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Wouldn't that mean that your six AM is my nine or ten PM, though?

Relative to what the clock says, I mean. ^^;

Well for Reapercon I'm actually with everyone's schedule. Well maybe minus a few hours in the wee mornings but that is my own doing...::D:

My shift generally starts around midnight & goes till about 8 or 9, depending on the day. Of course I don't crash till about noon each day & usually for about 4 hours. So clocks/time is all over the place!!!

That said if I'm taking classes I'm much more to absorb what I'm learning in the afternoon vs the morning.

Edited by haldir
3 people like this

If I'm to go with personal experience, I know that mid-afternoon classes are the worst time for me. Unless I have a cup of strong coffee moments before, I'll be semi-comatose. Otherwise, morning is my thing!

In another thread, I saw you guys mention coffee at the PEC. I don't remember seeing any. Water, ice tea and soft drinks aplenty, but no hot beverages.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

If I'm to go with personal experience, I know that mid-afternoon classes are the worst time for me. Unless I have a cup of strong coffee moments before, I'll be semi-comatose. Otherwise, morning is my thing!

In another thread, I saw you guys mention coffee at the PEC. I don't remember seeing any. Water, ice tea and soft drinks aplenty, but no hot beverages.

It was there at the concession stand... when they bothered to make any.

It wasn't worth getting though.

I will make sure to mention the lack of (and low quality of) coffee at our next meeting.

8 people like this

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I will make sure to mention the lack of (and low quality of) coffee at our next meeting.

You are all just a bunch of coffee snobs.....

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, knarthex said:

You are all just a bunch of coffee snobs.....

Seeing as I would rather buy a $50/lb bag of high end coffee before i would drink say...a pot of Foldgers....yes I am a snob. :)  Not that I expect that premium of a coffee to be sold at a con...just that I prefer it and would pay for it if available.

4 people like this