Matbar

Help ID'ing this mini?

13 posts in this topic

So this mini has been passed along through 3 people before getting to my husband who said only "I think it's a RalPartha ogre."  I've found nothing in my attempts to identify it.  Unfortunately it was already black primered, so the pictures aren't grand.  There appears to be 2 rats on (or coming out of?) it's back, and there's a fish hanging off the belt in the back.  Anybody have a clue on this guy? 

Ogre1.jpg

Ogre2.jpg

1 person likes this

Is that a slotta tab? I don't think Ral Partha ever did that. 

1 person likes this

It's really hard to tell with the black-on-black images.  I can't even tell if it's holding a weapon.  Has it been re-mounted?  That looks like a slotta base, and I don't recall Ral Partha ever having used those.

Consider giving it a light dry brushing of white then re-photographing it.  Maybe with something nearby for scale.

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Is that a slotta tab? I don't think Ral Partha ever did that. 

Dangit, scooped!

2 people like this

looks like punch daggers and shields? looks sort of like a ghast, but I have no idea who's

On a different monitor now, which makes it a little easier to see. That looks like a narrow integral base glued to a round base, so RP is still a possibility.  That shield looks a lot like the way Games Workshop/Citadel used to do shields, but they would use a true slotta base.

1 person likes this

I would be tempted to just pop it off that base and see what markings are underneath the metal base. Ral Partha does narrow bases like that but that looks like there is some detail on the base which would be somewhat unusual.

1 person likes this

It could also be Grenadier.  I agree, though - popping it off the base and looking for marks may be your best bet.

A fish?

That was a recurring thing in Mordheim.

Does it look like a conversion up close or a solid / original one?

we have that guy at home.  he falls over a lot, makes sense to put him on that base. He is not a slotta fig.  I'll try to remember to look at the underside.

the kids looked, it is from WOTC 1999, is a ogre or half ogre.

15 people like this

I just got to a computer to confirm this.  I have this mini, too.  I love the silver anniversary minis.

1 person likes this

Thanks everyone!  Have a house full of kids this weekend, and by the time I checked and was going to respond it wasn't a true slotta base, Ladystorm had found it.

2 people like this

This is exactly why I love this community. Elapsed time 2 hours, 53 minutes for partial identification, 7 hours and 26 minutes for confirmation.

6 people like this