SamuraiJack

Paizo and Ninja Division Announce Pre-painted Miniatures for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game

8 posts in this topic

Monday, 09:00 pm

Ninja Division Publishing LLC. and Paizo Inc. are proud to announce the Starfinder Miniatures collection—the first officially licensed miniatures for the epic campaigns and adventures that players, worldwide, will start experiencing with the launch of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game.

Set thousands of years in Pathfinder's future, the Starfinder RPG is a stand-alone science fantasy game evolved from the Pathfinder RPG rules in which players take on the role of a ragtag starship crew exploring the countless mysteries of a weird galaxy. Starfinder is also designed to integrate easily with the Pathfinder RPG, allowing players of either game to port over monsters, items, and adventures with a minimal conversion effort.

Ninja Division is proud to announce a partnership with Paizo Inc. to bring fans of Starfinder an exciting range of pre-painted miniatures to accompany players on their Starfinder adventures. With painstaking detail and coloring, these pre-painted miniatures bring the heroic crews and explorers from Starfinder to life. The range of pre-painted miniatures will include both adventurers and the ships they use to traverse space, both scaled appropriately to use as gameplay pieces for their unique roles in the Starfinder game system.

Ninja Division Creative Director John Cadice comments: "Ninja Division has been working hard with Paizo to create a line of pre-painted miniatures for gamers. We are all fans of miniatures here, and lovers of Paizo's fantastic RPG worlds. Starfinder has not disappointed in the richness of the races and designs we get to help bring to life for players."

Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, announces today the initial product line-up for the highly anticipated Starfinder Roleplaying Game, the new science fantasy RPG set in the world of Pathfinder, ready for blast-off at Gen Con Indy August 2017.

Starfinder Creative Director James L. Sutter says: "The sculpts that Ninja Division have been creating for both characters and starships have been blowing our minds with their artistry and obvious love of the genre. I'm especially excited about the ships—I can't wait to see the looks on my players' faces the first time I pull out a bunch of the starship miniatures for a space battle!"

1 person likes this

Aside from reading the title as 'Paizo's Ninja Division', which prompted a momentary vision of PF's golem in ninja jammies ..

if these are even half as good as what Paizo's been getting from Wizkids, I'll be keeping an eye out. Although.. I don't know if I need bitty space ships. ^^;

3 people like this

odd choice of company for prepaints, given paizo's existing relationship with wizkids and reaper for pathfinder, and that ninja division has never done prepaints as far as I know.

1 person likes this

Hrrrm... well. Paizo has a history of not putting up with crap; so ... I'll wait and see what happens.

Patience usually pays off.

Looking forward to seeing what will come out of this one. Thou I wonder with Wizkids doing spaceships in other lines, why they didn't go with them? Unless they didn't want to bog em down with too many projects going.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:05 PM, kitchen_wolf said:

Ninja Division.  That sounds familiar...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrpgt/robotech-rpg-tacticstm/description

Oh.  Those people.  No, thank you.

As a backer of that Kickstarter...and still waiting for the rest of my product...I think they are far less to blame than Palladium for the train wreck that is the Robotech KS.

As an aside, I hope they scale well with my other ships...been looking at my Starmada stuff again with their announcement of a forthcoming new version.

Yes, I agree. The RTT kickstarter is a disaster which IMHO is mostly Palladium's doing. There is a LOOOOONG history there that I won't belabor the forum with, but one which I FAR more suspect is Palladium's doing than it is Ninja Division's. Which is too bad because I am also a RTT backer (2nd wave) and always wanted a Macross-based minis game (not necessarily Robotech...)

Damon.

1 person likes this