Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharkbelly

Warhammer Marco Colombo

6 posts in this topic

I just finished this fellow to serve as the navigator for my fleet of ships. 

image_zpsgwjnhfw0.jpeg

12 people like this

Very nice!

LOVE the feathers...the rest of him turned out equally SPLENDID. A couple more photos at different angles would be cool. VERY NICELY DONE!

2 people like this

Looks very nice.. Wish there were more pictures tho.. 

I agree with everyone else, more photos! He looks really nice! I like your colors and the feather is well done.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:34 AM, malefactus said:

LOVE the feathers...the rest of him turned out equally SPLENDID. A couple more photos at different angles would be cool. VERY NICELY DONE!

i agree.

Good work on him!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pinkymadigan
      Just realized I never got around to taking show off pictures of this guy. I had some frosting issues which killed my momentum in my WIP (here) for him, and then he sat around waiting to be fixed. The fix mostly worked, but you'll see a few shots where the light is a little more direct where he ended up shiny. Not a big deal as in most lighting he looks fine. The last few shots will have an alternate rider's top half, I swapped the original Wight out for the top half of Reaper's Judas Bloodspire, sans cape.

• By Darkmeer
      So, as part of the figures that I sent to Malefactus, what I will call a treasure trove of classic 80's and 90's lead made its way northward from Texas to Nessus.  This figure is the first to actually see completion under my unkind brush.  There are more in the works, but this guy was so easy to paint. He's definitely in the tabletop category, but he feels finished.  The only regrets I have are the ends of his horns (which don't really look red IRL) and the mould line under the horn on the bottom that you can see in the rear view.  I am not going to fix it because I couldn't see it while I was painting it and he will most certainly see table time in the next few weeks (I have an adventure using this exact miniature!). 

• By Mehman
      Right then. If all goes according to plan, this will be my first post with pictures of something I've converted / built and painted for this site. It's funny because I'm actually nervous about this posting - wondering whether I've got the guidelines down, hoping the pictures will show up correctly, etc. Showing the model doesn't bother me in the least, actually.

For transparency, this model has been posted before on a different website. He was built and painted for a personal challenge that earned me nothing but glory and bragging rights - no money exchanged hands and nothing physical (or metaphysical) was gained. I'm just proud of him .

He was built using all Games Workshop products for nominal inclusion into Warhammer 40,000 games. I can't play the game anymore but building and painting what I have is still enjoyable - arguably more fun than the game. Anyway, here's the parts list:

Head - Age of Sigmar Freeguild Greatswords box Torso - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops box Legs - Age of Sigmar Flagellants box (a body was taken and sawed in half at the waist and also at both feet) Feet - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops box (feet were sawed away and glued onto the previous part) Right Arm with Shotgun - 40k Sisters of Battle Uriah Jacobus (Single Miniature) Left Arm and Hand with Missive - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Command box Backpack (Main Piece) - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops Vox-caster (which has been modified by removal of certain features), Imperial Guard Cadian Command Sheathed Knife, and AoS Flagellants Skull and Scroll Backpack (Mast) - Age of Sigmar Flagellants Board with Scroll and Chained Skull (for dangly skull) and 40k Grey Knights Strike Squad box for dangly Book with Skull Accessories - Age of Sigmar Flagellants box for Chained Hourglass (located on right hip), 40k Militarum Tempestus Scions box for ammunition holders (found along waist) and Grenades (left hip), 40k Space Marine Librarian Ammunition Feed for gun (cut and shaped for Shotgun Cartridge Bandoleer)  
      Whew! That's quite the laundry list of pieces for one guy but he's special to me for varying reasons so it's alright. I've got some backstory for him, too. I'll put it in 'Spoilers' so it won't inflate the post too much. Feel free to read it or disregard it completely and follow along for the pictures.

Here are the pictures of the Missionary Ajax Lux:

So, that's the end of that. Thanks for looking and feel free to leave comments and critiques. He may be completed but there's always another model I can improve upon!

Cheers,

Meh
    • By aku-chan
      Taking a break from working on my Kingdom Death stuff to paint this:-

Choose this one because I need to learn to paint without leaning forward so much, so a big, chunky dude seemed like the best place to start.

I'll make a start on the skin tomorrow, if I'm up to it.
    • By Coleford
      I have recently been invited to a Kings of War Escalation campaign. I looked around my hobby room and much to my dismay found hundreds upon hundreds of unpainted models because I am a bad, bad procrastinator.

As a result,I decided to do an Undead army, and have decided to use as many miniatures I already own rather than buying new ones, many of which come from the Bones Kickstarter 1, very very old GW models and some Mantic stuff I have had for years, the idea being that the undead army is a mishmash of former armies of ancient which all fought under the same banner, sworn to never rest until a great evil has been banished from the land.
      Plan is to work it up to 2500 points in a few months... We will see if I can keep my painting game strong.

Here's the startings of Lord Calder's Host...
      Pictures after the drop.
      --------
      "Before you sign this, you need to understand that swearing fealty to Lord Calder is no small measure. I've seen those eyes before. Dreams of adventure and romance, tasting the first blood on your blade, and helping slay the evils of the world. Maybe you're in it for the coin, dark knows I was.
      I know the rate of pay is high, and I promise Calder can pay it. Whatever your wildest dreams, you sign with us, you'll get it.
      But you gotta understand boy, Calder don't give nothing for free...
      This contract don't end with you toes up towards the sky, the ravens feasting on your soft bits, your family safe in the wealth Lord Calder pays after you take a stray arrow in the face. 
      No lad, this contract is binding. For today, tomorrow, and the hereafter.
      We all die. Maybe you'll die on the field of battle a month from now when some unknown evil claws its way out of the earths to tear apart every man, dwarf and elf across the realm, dying in a pool of your own entrails to protect whatever sweetness you keep at home. Or maybe maybe you'll die old and wrinkled in your bed, a legend among men, songs sung and glories burned into the histories.
      We all die. All of us.
      But son, you gotta understand that someday, he will call again.
      It don't matter how long you've slept.
      I swear you boy, You'll wake."
      ------
      Comments and criticism welcome!
      Promise Reaper minis will be included soon.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)