pinkymadigan

GW High Elf lord king noble guy on Griffon

14 posts in this topic

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

1 person likes this

Haha, yeah. Been trying to cut back on coffee. It's clearly not working. Editing now... 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

I actually forced him to the front of the queue for storage reasons. I was afraid of losing, bending or breaking one of his bits. I had clipped all my Isle of Blood guys off sprue and stored them in a tackle box, but this guy didn't fit, so he hung out on my shelf causing me mild panic which built up over time until I had to paint him.

3 people like this

Awesome!

I like the pattern on the bird.

1 person likes this

Very nice, awesome job highlighting all those feathers.

I clicked for the amazing title....

I love that griffon!! And the NMM on the rider is great! ::): 

1 person likes this

He looks great. I fell in love with this model when it came out and had to have it.  He's hanging out on my shelf, half painted...

Very nice!!!

This is one of my fave models from that set, lovely job on him

Very nice! Espcially love the feathers and the NMM.

I love the smoothness you achieved on the feathers. They are so good! Nice mini and beautifully painted!

Beauty!!

Stunning! This figure's got a lot of different detailed textures going on (feathers, scales, smooth fur body, cloth, metals etc) & you've pulled it all together beautifully.

Fantastic job on him!!

I've got one of these I picked up second hand for a couple of dollars 'cause his lance was broken (and missing). I haven't repaired it yet, 'cause then that means I'd have to paint it, and I'm not sure I can paint it as well as I want to...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dai-Mongar
      I've started working on a classic Chaos sorcerer (variously known as Hutk'Nile, Hutk'Nke or Huth'Nke the plague priest) for a painting challenge at the local Warhammer shop. Basic challenge, paint a single GW character or infantry mini by April 1st and customers will vote for the best in store. I don't think there's even any kind of prize involved, but it's a good excuse to get something done and flex my painting muscles a bit.
      So, I started with some zenithal priming using spray cans:

Then started on the robes:

The base colour is Tausept Ochre, an old Citadel foundation colour, shaded with some RMS Russet Brown and highlighted with RMS Amber Gold and Ghost White (linen white probably would have suited better, but oh well) using wet blending. I've also added a bit of Clear Purple to the Russet Brown for the deepest shadows to try and get some more interesting colour contrast going on.
      I need to do a bit of tidying up of the highlights, but I'm pretty happy with the robes now and I'll move on to the flesh next I think. I'm considering a pallid flesh colour with some bluish tones, or maybe green.
    • By Guildenstern
      Just finished this up a bit ago - not on a base sadly because I lost it temporarily on my desk. It's done just not found quite yet.

this is for my son's Vampire Counts army, it's some sort of warmachine (I don't actually know what it does but I'm sure I'll find out soon!)

Here are the Crypt Horrors (a larger monster type)

Sadly these are really phone pics, so not the best, and the colour is a bit odd - the far left one is actually more purple than it appears in these pictures.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi all, 

so want to work on bronze, and doing it as NMM .  Any suggestions for base, shade and highlight colors? 
    • By fishnjeeps
      I'm BACK! Sorry for the long absence. But, I've still been painting and I give you a 200pt Ork Kill Team  I painted up and played. These won the best painted award nearly unanimously (I never vote for myself) and sadly went 0 of 3. I though I'd share them here and let everyone know I'm still ok.

Group Shot (sorry, camera was really dirty and didn't know it)

Some indiviual shots of some of the Orks (not all of them though)

• By Mehman
      Right then. If all goes according to plan, this will be my first post with pictures of something I've converted / built and painted for this site. It's funny because I'm actually nervous about this posting - wondering whether I've got the guidelines down, hoping the pictures will show up correctly, etc. Showing the model doesn't bother me in the least, actually.

For transparency, this model has been posted before on a different website. He was built and painted for a personal challenge that earned me nothing but glory and bragging rights - no money exchanged hands and nothing physical (or metaphysical) was gained. I'm just proud of him .

He was built using all Games Workshop products for nominal inclusion into Warhammer 40,000 games. I can't play the game anymore but building and painting what I have is still enjoyable - arguably more fun than the game. Anyway, here's the parts list:

Head - Age of Sigmar Freeguild Greatswords box Torso - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops box Legs - Age of Sigmar Flagellants box (a body was taken and sawed in half at the waist and also at both feet) Feet - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops box (feet were sawed away and glued onto the previous part) Right Arm with Shotgun - 40k Sisters of Battle Uriah Jacobus (Single Miniature) Left Arm and Hand with Missive - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Command box Backpack (Main Piece) - 40k Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops Vox-caster (which has been modified by removal of certain features), Imperial Guard Cadian Command Sheathed Knife, and AoS Flagellants Skull and Scroll Backpack (Mast) - Age of Sigmar Flagellants Board with Scroll and Chained Skull (for dangly skull) and 40k Grey Knights Strike Squad box for dangly Book with Skull Accessories - Age of Sigmar Flagellants box for Chained Hourglass (located on right hip), 40k Militarum Tempestus Scions box for ammunition holders (found along waist) and Grenades (left hip), 40k Space Marine Librarian Ammunition Feed for gun (cut and shaped for Shotgun Cartridge Bandoleer)  
      Whew! That's quite the laundry list of pieces for one guy but he's special to me for varying reasons so it's alright. I've got some backstory for him, too. I'll put it in 'Spoilers' so it won't inflate the post too much. Feel free to read it or disregard it completely and follow along for the pictures.

Here are the pictures of the Missionary Ajax Lux:

So, that's the end of that. Thanks for looking and feel free to leave comments and critiques. He may be completed but there's always another model I can improve upon!

Cheers,

Meh
  • Who's Online   54 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)