pinkymadigan

GW High Elf lord king noble guy on Griffon

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

I actually forced him to the front of the queue for storage reasons. I was afraid of losing, bending or breaking one of his bits. I had clipped all my Isle of Blood guys off sprue and stored them in a tackle box, but this guy didn't fit, so he hung out on my shelf causing me mild panic which built up over time until I had to paint him.

• Like 3

I clicked for the amazing title....

I love that griffon!! And the NMM on the rider is great! ::): 

• Like 1

He looks great. I fell in love with this model when it came out and had to have it.  He's hanging out on my shelf, half painted...

I love the smoothness you achieved on the feathers. They are so good! Nice mini and beautifully painted!

Stunning! This figure's got a lot of different detailed textures going on (feathers, scales, smooth fur body, cloth, metals etc) & you've pulled it all together beautifully.

Fantastic job on him!!

I've got one of these I picked up second hand for a couple of dollars 'cause his lance was broken (and missing). I haven't repaired it yet, 'cause then that means I'd have to paint it, and I'm not sure I can paint it as well as I want to...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      I've been collecting minis for almost 30 years and finally getting around to doing what I've been wanting to do which is actually paint them.  Started a couple months ago with a few Dark Sword Critter Kingdom minis and an old Grenadier dragon.  And now this, which is my first Reaper mini and an attempt at NMM.

C&C welcome.
    • By TheOldGuard
      Hi All!

I've just been rearranging my display shelves & have noticed that I actually have a few minis that I have never shown on these boards. They are the first ones that I painted a few years ago when I returned to the hobby after many, many years. I will show the others soon but to begin with, here's GW's Gandalf The White & Shadowfax.

The actual paint job is essentialy me getting back in the swing of things by copying the image on the miniatures' packaging, I made the base terrain(s) using air drying clay, gravel & sand & added some grass clumps to finish.

Gandalf on foot

Gandalf mounted on Shadowfax

Back soon with something "big, ferocious & wingy" - thanks for looking!

• By Guindyloo
      I painted this lovely lady over the last week as my first project post-Reapercon. I wanted to apply some of the things that I learned but also have fun with her. 
      She was a really great learning experience, thanks to everyone who gave me great feedback in my WIP thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77557-01450-all-hallow’s-eve/&page=1

This was my first experience “flying blind” with NMM, as on previous attempts, I’d followed the highlighting of other painters’ examples. There is no painted example in the store yet, so I had to just wing it. @Kuro Cleanbrush gave me some much appreciated advice that I’m definitely going to keep using moving forward. 

This was was my first attempt at OSL, it’s not perfect by any means, but I’m pretty pleased with it. 

Let me know what y’all think, criticism is always very much wanted - it helps me learn and improve! 

• By KingMob
      For your consideration: Reaper Bones miniature Female Anti-Paladin.

It wasn't until I started on my idea for the shield that I realized that *it* was the Main Character. Not exactly a daemon-possessed sword, but a symbiotic relationship none-the-less. Extravagant tone with bright, decadent colors. She-Hulk for the hair.  Massive Voodoo for the dots. (More dots!) My cat Zen for the eyes. (He's a Tom.) Lots of non-textured areas to tell a story. Great player character or reoccurring NPC. 
      A lesson of extreme - in Color and form. The armor was protective but the clothing was tattered like a torn mesh bodysuit. Heavy straps encircled limbs and the armored boots formed like hooves. Toothy maw adornment on the armor hints at hunger. A very introspective Pin-Up.

I hope you enjoy. :)

• By Chaoswolf
      https://wizkids.com/...games-workshop/

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I'd be pretty shocked to see GW allow Wizkids to produce miniatures, unless they're way out of scale with GW's stuff, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of board games they come up with.

I'm also wondering if they're not looking for someone to take the place of the recently expired partnership with Fantasy Flight Games.
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)