Crowley

Green tinted black?

09270 Shadow Green is pretty dark.

Edit:  09236 Green Shadow is what I meant.  Part of 09779: Shading Colors.

Double Edit:  Apparently 09236 has been renamed Black Green, though its picture still shows "Green Shadow".  Maybe it was done to reduce confusion between the colors?

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
  • Like 2

I want to say Nightmare Black has a greenish tint.. I know one of them does but I'm not at home

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I want to say Nightmare Black has a greenish tint.. I know one of them does but I'm not at home

Nightmare Black is quite blue, not green.

In Reaper paints, the closest I can think of is 9175 Swamp Green, or 9412 Ancient Oak. Now wondering what green liner would do.

And now I'm suddenly made aware of my lack of dark greens.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

Could always try one of the above, then shade with <whatever> black mixed with <Reaper's darkest> green and highlight with that same very dark green, so that only when the light hits it just so is the green apparent.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

Could always try one of the above, then shade with <whatever> black mixed with <Reaper's darkest> green and highlight with that same very dark green, so that only when the light hits it just so is the green apparent.

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

09270 Shadow Green is pretty dark.

Edit:  09236 Green Shadow is what I meant.  Part of 09779: Shading Colors.

Double Edit:  Apparently 09236 has been renamed Black Green, though its picture still shows "Green Shadow".  Maybe it was done to reduce confusion between the colors?

Black Green is the one I have (and very rarely use).

I mentioned in the Randomness thread that Coal Black might, but unthinned it's pretty black. I've got Black Green, and it's a lovely almost-black green, I use it pretty frequently as a shade color.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Green Liner is nearly black. Not currently in production, but I think it's coming back once we get Bones 3. IIRC, Green Shadow/Black Green is the same color in a different base.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

ok.. maybe its R.A.M black which was a Heavy Gear license.. 

Okay, yes, this one is definitely green tinted! And should be just about perfect for what I need!

4 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Green Liner is nearly black. Not currently in production, but I think it's coming back once we get Bones 3. IIRC, Green Shadow/Black Green is the same color in a different base.

Green liner would work if I could wait for Bones 3... and I don't have Green Shadow or Black Green... *adds to list*

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I mentioned in the Randomness thread that Coal Black might, but unthinned it's pretty black. I've got Black Green, and it's a lovely almost-black green, I use it pretty frequently as a shade color.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Coal Black has a bit of a green tint too!!

• Like 1

I painted obsidian shards on the weapon of my Aztec Warrior Princess.

I used Scale 75 Inktense Green ( a dark green ink) and mixed a tiny drop of Scale 75 Decay Black in it.

I mixed till I got a green black Ink and I think that worked pretty well.

I guess with reaper you could do something like that.

Dilute dark green and black with water/glaze medium and you can end up with a nice dark black green.

• Like 2

peacock and forest green are pretty dark.  You could mix them with a neutral black like solid black to get a greenish tinge.  Or, consider using a black and then glazing some of you dark green over it to get the green sheen?

• Like 3