Sign in to follow this  
primeval

Grenadier Barbarian

This is one of the harder to find Grenadier Fantasy Warriors Barbarians as he is not currently in production - I gave him a club and shield instead of the halberd he inexpicably had in the USA pack (he had a sword in the UK pack). I used the Reaper Ruddy Flesh-Barbarian Flesh-Warrior Flesh triad, along with some Olive Skin Shadow as a glaze over the basecoat and mixed in the first few layers. The pictures are a little overexposed I think, but I am pleased with the skintone results! This is also an example of how well Tamiya Smoke can work as a glaze over metal - I really like the tone on the shield.

Grenadier Barbarian5611  1.jpg

Grenadier Barbarian5611  2.jpg

Edited by primeval
  • Like 15

Good work on him!

I like the effect you got on his shield.

• Like 1

Loving the old school mini.  Great qork!

• Like 1

Excellent work, I like both the shield and the skin tone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Having a hard time getting started back up on my keeper's sanctum diorama... I think I need to purposely take a break from it and work on some other stuff to get my creative juices flowing again. I have this idea in my head for a 75mm diorama featuring black sun miniatures' "Barbarian and the Lost Princess" (Conan) vs SC75's "Brock the Wanderer" 

I'm thinking in this piece that it will have Conan carrying the princess through a dungeon type setting and then Brock standing there in front of a doorway. I'm going to really pull from artwork that I admire in regards to barbarians such as Frazetta and Patrick J. Jones.

Right now I'm cleaning off the flash and mold lines, as soon as I do that, I'll wash everything and start to assemble as much as I can without causing issues during painting. 

Mood and color scheme inspiration pic from Patrick J. Jones -

• By Pochi
      Not as crazy about these as the wizards. Not a big fan of painting metal. Oh well, they turned out fine for table top. Her nose doesn't show up very well in the photos. Her metal bikini top reminds me of disco balls haha!

I will have to get up early in the morning and try and get the last two finished before game time. Ugh! It is almost 2:30 am here.

• By Glitterwolf
      WARNING NUDITY so LINKS.

EDIT:
       Since Photbucket got Evil I linked my Putty and Paint Page here:

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/15073

This is my first take on a bust. It's from Kabuki 1/6 scale.
      Since she's a Not Red Sonja, I gave her warpaint like Conan has.

I tried a freehand tattoo, it's supposed to be a stylized Dragon/Snake eating his own tail.

I had loads of fun painting her.

Here Is my WIP if interested.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/62241-ky-ra-bust-16-kabuki-by-xherman1964/

• By jonaas33
      This is the very first fig that I ever bought, 8 or 9 years ago.  It was for my first D&D session with some close friends, and I fell in love with the game on the spot.  This character has gone through a lot: demonic armor possession, lost both of his eyes, had a hole punched through his chest, died 3 times, came back as a zombie, body taken over by a lich, and currently resurrected in the body of a half-ogre.  I have a new fig for the character and his new body, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.  I finally got around to painting him over the weekend.  His eyes are a little googly, and the attempt at highlighting didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I'm glad he turned out OK.  Tips on highlighting would be most appreciated, as that's what I was trying out on this one.  Thanks as always!

• Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)