12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been on a bit of a Sci-Fi kick recently, so I'm going to be converting and painting up the Bones version of the Nova Corp troops.

The original head on this guy has a horrible mold line, so I swapped it with a GW Dark Eldar.  

IMG_1238.thumb.JPG.1b0a36c5df5f856b735f09b9745da7b0.JPG                                                                                                               

Nothing wrong with her head, I just don't like having a bunch of clones, so I'll be giving her a bare head.

IMG_1239.thumb.JPG.0697108e24e01d21410fcf5c9cd27b79.JPG

With new head (from GW Wood Elves).                                                                                

IMG_1240.thumb.JPG.8742b515b9725e729e50b17024fc221e.JPG

These are the same figure. The one on the left has the head from the female trooper added. The one on the right is the original head; as you can see the detail is lousy, so it got cut off.

IMG_1247.thumb.JPG.ec1d0616b6af3555eca7edf960d6f15c.JPG

The head/helmet with the lousy detail from the guy above is now hanging on her belt.        

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.b8be35e65b7a2f1daf11be1f94a4afa9.JPG

These guys have some extra equipment added.

IMG_1250.thumb.JPG.b54f1acc442291b8bd84efcb4c8cbfaa.JPG

One of the guys from above is going to become a sniper.                                            

IMG_1254.thumb.JPG.2ae54b82c3160940f784b9097a0be515.JPG

And his rifle, courtesy of a GW Tau.

IMG_1255.thumb.JPG.73f405a397562fc254792399e90137f5.JPG

That's all for now, but I have a few more conversions to do before painting starts.

Edited by Chaoswolf
wonky formatting
15 people like this

Great work!

1 person likes this

Fantastic!

Good way to make them unique!

1 person likes this

Clone syndrome is one of my biggest pet peeves in minis, great mods!

1 person likes this

Excellent tweaks!

1 person likes this

Excellent work!

1 person likes this

Of course now that they're unique their widows will grieve when they die on the tabletop...

6 people like this

All the more reason for them to fight harder; now they have something to live for!

Thanks, everyone. I did a little more work last night, but nothing terribly picture worthy. We'll see what happens today/this evening.

1 person likes this

Nice conversions.  Looking forward to more.

I used some GW wood elf heads to convert some GameZone Dark Elves into high elves.  They are nice heads. 

3 people like this

Thank you; sorry to keep you waiting so long. Here is the rest of the squad finished. (Well, the conversions are done, I'm working on paint as we speak)

The sniper. I added some detail to his helmet where the gun was attached previously, and fixed the gap in his arm with some greens stuff.

IMG_1259.thumb.JPG.09a98d38ea5ea24d7036828f3a9b6ef8.JPG

Head swap; I used an old GW Necromunda head that has been in my bits box for a while now.

IMG_1261.thumb.JPG.65f80eb1021289ac24a3148ccaaf3036.JPG

Another head swap; this time with an old GW Dark Eldar head. I cut off the top knot, and added a spec ops type headset from green stuff.

IMG_1262.thumb.JPG.c7b661b25d42729c27cd5e901afbdcd1.JPG

Headset from the other side.

IMG_1263.thumb.JPG.6514999f8de2382ef4a1a1d1ed4924f0.JPG

Special weapons trooper; she was given a grenade launcher made from a gun barrel and random gun handle, again from the bits box.

IMG_1264.thumb.JPG.5fc60dda5c9c0642b2cacd7684ae15a6.JPG

These guys got some extra pouches on their backsides, and had their heads turned.

IMG_1265.thumb.JPG.c5d762db6e1369b7c461d9cd107f8b4d.JPG

This is what those guys looked like originally (no conversions here).

IMG_1266.thumb.JPG.22d4a6ca48e1dc155240693e5b56701c.JPG

Sarge got a hand grenade and a properly bad-arse looking head, complete with stogie (both GW again)

IMG_1267.thumb.JPG.822d68096325a5ccf851b049580526b7.JPG

Special weapon trooper, he got a grenade launcher added to the bottom of his weapon, and a little GS work to fix up a detail on his helmet that got damaged.

IMG_1272.thumb.JPG.fe32918e029019cde10c52d760a71473.JPG

Special weapon trooper; this guy got a flame thrower added to his weapon. The flamer came from Wargames Factory Great Coat troops kit.

IMG_1273.thumb.JPG.95264197d973eb076189d9cc596cbf7e.JPG

As of this writing, they're actually primed, and have some paint work on them. Pics of that in a while; I had to modify my original paint scheme for them. The first figure I did was waaaay too dark. Experimentation is in progress...

8 people like this

Good weapon additions.

1 person likes this

Thanks, Xherman!

Quick update to these guys; all of them at this level right now:

IMG_1283.thumb.JPG.d81ab10799df4d7d5daf564e2a1851ce.JPG

Yup, not much to look at right now, the clothing  and armor are basecoated. I still need to do his weapon, boots, gloves,straps, and other little details.

5 people like this