Grefven

Black Scorpion Miniatures/Tombstone Kickstarter 5th april

"I've set this folder up to start showing the previews for the Tombstone kicksarter. We expect to launch on April 5th, over the next couple of weeks I'll be previewing the new miniatures.. all 110 of them over 7 factions! Probably a faction every few days. Also previews from the book, details about the game and kickstarter etc.. Tombstone is an old west skirmish game, rulebook (available in English, Spanish, German and French) and miniatures launched via Kickstarter. For now I've added some photos of the scenery we used for scenic shots for the book and some play testing. 1f642.png:) I'm extremely proud of the work that has gone into this project and book and can't wait to share it with you."

Live Kickstarter link

17349872_10155891589763976_8882611806531

17309480_10155891592688976_7109492811243

17353167_10155891592253976_3262424420295

I am usually a bit reserved over what projects I really hope hits big, but I really like the old western theme, so here's one I hope will do great. :) Just look at those factions; lawmen, outlaws, indians, mexicans UNDEAD zombie cowboys! Holy cow! :D

17389223_10155906750473976_3957176637464

17359018_10155906750498976_6877607641606

17359174_10155906751383976_5994669690192

Edited by Grefven
  • Like 8

I don't know about the game, but their miniatures are excellent.  I just hope all the females don't look like whores. I'm encouraged by the cowgirl in the 2nd image above, (the one that says "coming soon") would like to see that one on the game table. 

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't know about the game, but their miniatures are excellent.  I just hope all the females don't look like whores. I'm encouraged by the cowgirl in the 2nd image above, (the one that says "coming soon") would like to see that one on the game table. 

I have some of  their previous female minis from back when they were producing metal minis and they did provide a mix of "sexy" and "sensible" female sculpts. Hopefully they'll continue with that and not overdo it.

2 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I've been waiting for this one.  I have a bunch of their western (and pirate) minis already and they are excellent!

I've a bunch of the their western and pirate minis too, all back from when they were still casting them in metal. Some of my favourite minis for those genres. Don't own any of their resin pieces though.

• Like 1

I've got several of their resins and the quality is pretty decent. While the sculpting style is a bit "simplistic" there are a lot of sculpts that have a ton of character, still. Every year when I head over to Salute, their booth is always one I make sure to visit to pick up a gunslinger or a swashbuckler. :) And with them going to release 100+ miniatures for this campaign, there will for sure be a lot of variety for individual preferences for those who'd rather cater to that.

I bought some of their resins during a sale last year.  And I have to agree completely with Grefven.  The sculpts themselves are not overly detailed, but they have enough, and they do have a ton of character and the style really works for me.  I'm sure I'll pick up something, but not likely to go overboard on this either.

Are there going to be any civilians as part of this? Some regular townsfolk including children would be nice.

2 hours ago, Heisler said:

Are there going to be any civilians as part of this? Some regular townsfolk including children would be nice.

No clue whatsoever. I am not very familiar with their gaming system. But there are simple townfolks in their existing miniature range, so I suppose that it isn't entirely out of the question.

They used to do a fair number of civilians in their metal days, but I got the impression they're sort of moving away from that. I don't think there's civilians for their pirate game (Cutlass iirc) beyond a single noblewoman type. So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Looks pretty interesting. Love the sculpts so far. If anything, if there is just a rules pledge, you can always sub in Reaper's western themed minis.

On 2017-03-21 at 2:58 PM, Inarah said:

These female look pretty good. :)

17635543_10155950467633976_9890555596590

17492833_10155950467783976_1303822026032

17758437_10155950468108976_8975823905482

17620175_10155950468723976_3631489044730

• Like 7

Not sure I can make my will save against this Kickstarter.  A have several of their metal minis and I really like them.

• Like 2