Metalchaos

10034, Gus the Mousling Bartender

The transparency effect is so cool! Love his shirt, love the colors you used, and his grumpy expression!

Edited by Pochi
Spelling is hard.
  • Like 3

The "transparent" mug is awesome!

His shirt is excellent!

But my favorite part is his expression!

He is cleaning that mug, and you can see him watching some customers misbehaving.

Just one more broken glass and he will kick them out!

• Like 3

NIce!

Somewhere, somehow, there's a diorama idea for the mousling bartender/wench combined with the Townsfolk bartender/wench minis.

• Like 2

I realised it's very challenging to paint glass. I'm happy you think it turned out well.

There will be more from the Mousling Tavern to come. No dead drunk Mousling, but a lot of happy little folks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

NIce!

Somewhere, somehow, there's a diorama idea for the mousling bartender/wench combined with the Townsfolk bartender/wench minis.

Minibart did a mouseling tavern a couple years ago. I think he built the tavern from scratch. The mouselings have so much character, they deserve to have their own little place to grab a drink and relax!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, Metalchaos said:

I realised it's very challenging to paint glass. I'm happy you think it turned out well.

There will be more from the Mousling Tavern to come. No dead drunk Mousling, but a lot of happy little folks.

He is fantastic! As others have said, the glass transparency effects & his expression are wonderful.

• Like 1

Thanks, it encouraging. I still have four bock to paint. I was hesitating about painting some in tin color, but I think I will take this opportunity to practice realistic glass on all of them. I can still paint a Red beer, a White weat beer and various amber beers. Who wants a good BEER?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      So this is my Super Secret Christmas Project for Mrs. Gargs (don't worry, this isn't all she's getting).

Holiday Mouslings wonderfully sculpted by Gene Van Horne.

I'm going to be giving this a go as a stocking stuffer for Mrs. Gargs. Now, I have no hope in heck of matching the beautiful paint job seen here, in fact, I'll be thrilled with a high table top quality on this as I'm just still new at this and don't get near enough time to paint as much as I'd like to in order to improve. That said, I do think I can at least get a halfway decent job done on this (by my standards anyway). However, it won't be without its challenges. In fact, I've identified three major hurdles already:

1. The Super Secret. You see, my painting desk happens to be the dining room table and sits roughly 15 feet away from where Mrs. Gargs is usually sitting while I paint, and we very much have an open floor plan. So, keeping it a secret will be the first hurdle. I will at least have a decent amount of time on Saturday while she is at work in which to get a good start, but I am very much a slow painter, so in addition to trying to do the best I can, I will also likely be trying to get stuff done quickly.

2. Ummm, yeah, there's a snow man. He's white. I haven't ever gotten a handle on white (admittedly still new). No getting around though, gonna have to give white a go. (Yeah, sorry, not gonna do a yellow snow man ;P).

3. Basing. I'd love to do something a little fancier than the stock photo, but that's probably the best I can hope for. I may have to go searching for the main piece of base though as I don't think these guys are all going to fit on a 50 mm base, which is the largest I have at the moment. I'd gladly sculpt something (and will consider any and all suggestions) but the next thing I sculpt will pretty much be the first. That said though, for using snow on a base (I have some snow flock from Army Painter) do you normally put down a layer of green stuff for the ground, or just throw it on the plastic/wooden base directly?

At any rate, I strongly encourage/appreciate/request/etc. any and all feedback along the way. Criticisms, critiques, suggestions, etc. Its all good. One of the things I hope to accomplish out of this is actually improving! And if I pick up some new skills along the way, even better! So don't hold back, I'm going to be trying a lot of new stuff along the way here, so I really do appreciate any comments and feedback!

As always, thanks in advance!

• By Guindyloo
      Hello fine people (and other assorted things) of the Reaper forum!

Continuing in our project of teaming up to show you two different methods to go about painting the same miniature, Buglips and I decided that we would do a WIP thread for Con Crud, Convention Zombie from the 2017 Reapercon swag bag! He's a great little figure, sculpted by Gene Van Horne, that we thought we could have some fun with.

This will be our second shared WIP thread in this series of ours, in case you missed it, check out our first one where we painted Thanis the Bonecaller:

As with that one, I will be covering my usual method of painting for display, and Buglips will be approaching the figure with his own usual "fast-but-decent method." As with the last one, Buglips' method will be much faster than mine will be and you'll get to see where our two styles diverge. We will be sharing our own issues, thoughts and methods with you in the hopes that someone will find such things useful.

So on to the mini!
      Here's my Con Crud, fresh out of his blister:

I prepped him in my usual way, with some diamond files to grind off the mold lines and bit of flash that you can see on his outstretched foot and hand. He has some notable mold lines through his hair and back and down the left (his left) side of his face. I'll show you throughout the process how I'll tackle those.

So here he is after I primed him with Reaper's Brush-On Primer in white, thinned down with some water. As usual, I only did one thin coat so as not to obscure the details on him and I took a couple of additional shots from different angles so you can see some of the mold lines that I'll need to work on a little more down the road.

• By Cyradis
      I finished Mr. Decker, and he's doing swell! 

Goals with him: Pinstripe pants. Patterned tie. Two-hue hat band. Stubble. In these regards, I think he's a success! I also experimented with different shading methods on the coat and the shirt. I think the shirt kinda came out textured, and that's okay. Only the base, coat, and hat have been sealed (adds a slightly satiny finish that I didn't want on the rest). This is also the first figure I've used a stamp for - in the future I'll be making the greenstuff stamped area thinner. This isn't quite horizontal. He'd be an excellent piece for a diorama, but he's going to a friend in Minnesota instead. Perhaps I'll paint him again in the future for one. 

Story for his belt: that's his homicide detective belt. When the belt matches the hat, there's been some bad broccoli around that needs his inspection. Actual reason: I wanted more contrast areas and liked it. 

Story thus far by @Glitterwolf and @SisterMaryNapalm in the WIP below: 

Without further ado.... here he is. C&C always welcome! 

• By Corporea
      Well I'll call her done!  I had fun with this project and it sort of evolved as I progressed. I like that about painting.  Sometimes I start with a fully realized idea but other times as I paint new things occur to me.  I feel like I'm falling into a rut with these mirror effects, but no jezebel would be complete without some vanity! Oh well.  I'll try to branch out in the future!  At any rate, my wip is here and I'm happy to answer questions and whatnot.  Enjoy!  see everyone in Texas sooooooon!!!

I broke out my specs on this one to do the face.  My eye doctor says they're fine but I swear my eyes are going... this whole turning 40 thing sucks, btw...
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)