Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.
First some pics against neutral background
And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.
I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway.
New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.
Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers.
The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough".
Good day everyone! Now that the Facebook contest is over, here are some pictures from my entry for the Official Quarterly Reaper Group Bones Painting Contest #6. This is the Bones version of 77290, the Mousling Beekeeper that was sculpted by Gene Van Horne. There was a total of 56 entry in the contest with a lot of very creative and beautiful pieces. I won an honorable mention for those fantastic green bee eyes! I painted the bee in a reddish color and give it a sad look as if it has been worn to Beehave by the angry Beekeeper. Congrats to all the contest winners!
Alright, so the moss came in and did brighten her up. Now she has happy autumn instead of dark autumn. The lights were getting dim but I had to take some photos anyway! I might update them another time.
The colors chosen are based off real colors in actual peacocks, even the spotted sash (upper wing near shoulder) and yellow cloak (legs) and the hair (more wing colors).
The tall grass is made of real peacock feathers that I snipped and glued together. I wanted her to be going between some fantastic brush on a rocky hillside. One of the feather pieces got stuck under her arm for photos... and by the time I noticed my sunlight was gone. The flowers are from I think Floranatur? Something like that. The rock is first painted as a gneiss, then drizzled in schist dust, with actual garnets glued in as cobbles, then they got mossed a bit. Not too shabby for first real basing batch?
I intend to do a "how to peacock feathers" when 1) I get the energy to do another cloak in peacock feathers, 2) empty out my wet palette, and 3) pick a figure for it. I'll also be taking @Clever Crow's advice and increasing the contrast per feather next time.
Enough blather - you all just want pictures!
We all knew this day would come eventually. The day where OneBoot tosses the very few marbles she has left into the ocean and throws herself in after them. The blank 4th spot in my lovely Goblin Challenge signature badge has been glaring at me for several months now, and my personal circumstances have now aligned to allow me to attempt this, my final Challenge.
For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to his Kaladrax thread that started it all: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip/&
The short version of the rules is that I will be painting up Dragons Don't Share - 2014 edition in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0.
Here's the long version of the rules:
You are all invited to join me in my descent into further madness! But only if you bring chocolate and gummy worms.
On a personal note, out of all 4 Goblin Challenges, this is actually the one I've been the most nervous about all along (yes, even more so than Ma'al Drakar). Those adventurers are likely to prove to be 5 lovely little time sinks for me, and I'll have to concentrate very hard not to get caught up in all those beautiful details on them! But who knows, maybe it'll end up being the terrain that eats all my time and sanity; we get to find out together!
My general plan is as follows:
The first couple of days will focus on brown linering and basecoating ALL THE THINGS, while also putting on faces and eyes while my hands are still fairly steady. I will work primarily on the adventurers the first few days, but will take 'breaks' to work on the terrain and the dragon in between to let my eyes and hands relax a bit from the tiny work. My aim is to finish the adventurers by the end of Day 4, or at least get them to "good enough" status; fun fiddly detail bits can be added after this point if I have time, but even without those the figures could be declared done. My final day will likely be focused on finishing up the terrain, and possibly the dragon's wings. Not sure about that yet, but that's what I anticipate.
Started: April 3rd 2018, 4:00pm PDT
Finished: April 10th 2018, 8:17am PDT
Who's Online 33 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Rob Dean
- Dilvish the Deliverer
- Doug Sundseth
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Chris Palmer
- Boris Khan
- Reaper Ron